Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Build My 63&1/2 Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spork!, Apr 25, 2013.

1. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

do it like this black one, not the first black one you posted.

2. MrModelT

MrModelT

Same.....I'm going for that look with my '65 Falcon 4-door.

Sent from Mr.ModelT's DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. pride63

pride63

Simply the best looking car ford ever made, even the wagons are cool as.
    White with red or blue interior are the ultimate IMO. I am biased tho as I have a 63 country sedan ;)

4. DeepRoots

DeepRoots

Love the car Murph. Black with red or black interior is easily my favorite of this model.

5. Thanks! I did post it on another Galaxie thread. It has a 289 (original engine) I have an opportunity to change it to a 390/4 speed. Some say do it...others say leave it original. Thats my "How to build my 63 1/2 Galaxie" problem.

Murph

6. BootleggerJim

BootleggerJim
    from SC

Here's one more....

Attached Files:

7. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

Do what metalman said, with the 390 4 spd. Those are beautiful cars.

8. Spork!

Spork!

Boy, these cars sure look good black on red! I have a complete blue interior and I guess black on blue wouldn't look too bad but don't know if that was a factory option. I'm a hot rod guy though so not so concerned about factory correct stuff.

I need to decide the style before I can select wheel choice but can't go wrong with Torque Thrusts. Maybe chrome reversed with or with out baby moons or Ansen slotted aluminums which were real popular in the 70's.

Bubble top hood is going to be a must. I can upgrade the 390 to a 427 by simply switching out the emblems! :D Seriously, I've always wanted a 427 Ford (actually 425 CI) but the 390 is a brand new build. I could sell it but hard to get decent $ for motor if it's a private party sale (vs crate or big shop sale). Maybe just swap out the manifold for a two 4 setup.

Attached Files:

9. Spork!

Spork!

I agree except for the whites and Supremes. I like a little more hot rod / race car look.

I plan on driving the wheels of this thing and that was my concern about a gasser. When I got my license in 1972 these were the kinds of cars we drove every day. My first car was a '65 GTO followed by a whole series of 60's/70's muscle car and pre-muscle full size cars like the Galaxie.

My buddy has this super nice, sort of OT '63 Dodge 330. 392 with 8-71 mild boost and 5 speed. He trailers it everywhere while I hammer around in my bone jarring, hot, loud 29 sedan. I'm always giving him a hard time for not driving it but he thinks it's too wild to drive (it's not). We went on a 100 + mile drive down PCH to San Diego and back in the summer heat with a zillion red lights and it did just fine. I wanted to show him how nice it was to drive it but he still trailers!

Anyway, the reason (one of anyway) I got this car is to have a cool car that I could DD if I wanted too (I have a company truck so don't need a DD).

Leno had this '66 done and upgraded the suspension for a great ride and handling. I really like that thinking but don't think the '66
    parts will bolt up to the 63? Does anyone know?

At any rate, I have all new suspension including drum brakes so will probably just run it like that and see how it drives. Then upgrade to at least front disks and maybe a bigger sway bar.

Need a/c (gets frigging hot here in the summer) and a big ass radiator as I want to be able to sit in traffic in 100+ degree weather and not worry about over heating.

You guys got some nice Galaxies and giving me some great ideas. I'll start a build thread soon once i decide what direction to go. Right now I'm leaning towards pretty stock look with nice rake and some fatty's on the back, full interior with a/c and pws.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      78.3 KB
      Views:
  10. lgh1157

lgh1157

11. 63comet

63comet

He asked for opinions, lol. If'n I had a '60s Galaxy I'd give it a zebra paint job, Mayberry style.

12. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These cars are a little crazy to me. I like them done as a Jr. Stocker just as much as a Custom. And they look just as good plain jane, black wall tires and body colored wheels. No matter what way you chose, it should look good.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  13. 56 gasser

56 gasser

Do a street freak. It's different , won't see many . Blast to drive. Trust me. Big fun.

14. Could I suggest a 5-speed so the car would be more Interstate highway/freeway friendly especially with those 4.10 gears.

15. Deuces

Deuces

Ain't that a shame...:(:(:(

16. Deuces

Deuces

Oh, hell no!!!...:mad: