Register now to get rid of these ads!

How quick are you gonna run at the HAMB Drags?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by buzzard, Aug 19, 2008.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I expect to be in the low 13's. The car usually runs in the 12's, but I won't have as much gear as I have in the past.

I was hoping to find others that will be in that range. Seems like it'll be more fun with door to door racing all the way down the track. I know I'll get smoke on a few passes (gotta run D.W. at least once) and I'll probably be way ahead on a couple of others.

Who else is going to be close to that so I can look for some good matchups?

What are you gonna run? Let's use this thread to set up some good, close, races.

I'll be in this:
    [​IMG]

2. 17's if I'm lucky. :D Running our little 63 Valiant with a Slant Six.

Me and Denise are having a showdown with the Valiant and Big Olds. I think I'll be within a second or two of her. :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  3. Considering this'll be my 2nd run, I hope to surpass my 20sec from last year!:eek: (Newbie jitters!!!) Hope to at least get 18!! It'll be fun regardless...:D

4. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

I'll be in the 200 six falcon and trying to better my 18.02 from '07......so lindross or jalopygal lets line 'em up! NoSurf too if you're back runnin' again.......

chicken

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

buzzard, Tman told me that the T ran 14.1 it's only time out so with the carbs working right I am hoping for mid 13's. Who knows. Gonna be fun though.

Attached Files:

6. bigken

bigken

Man, that's hard to say, I guess it's all going to depend on how far I am from the cooler full-o-Shiners......

7. haha, now that sounds like a fair and evenly matched race! A 200 six Falcon vs a Slant Six Valiant! People will have enough time to go get a sandwich by the time we finish! :eek::D

Heck yeah, come grab me and we'll line em up! Sounds like a blast.

8. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Is there a 10 minute rule?
    I'll bring the Horrible if I can get some help and we can push it thru the traps!

9. maxwdg

maxwdg

Car's Kinda porky... Hopefully 12s though.
    -Barry

'62 Dodge Dart

Attached Files:

10. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I'm hoping for mid to low 12's, but I'll be lucky to get any traction. we'll just have to see??

Attached Files:

11. scrape

scrape

im not sure what our 55 is gonna run....... we havent ran ours down the track yet....... we'll be puting N/T on our window anyway.... (we dont want the shocker to know what it'll run till we race him)..... hahaha....

Attached Files:

12. Quote:
    Originally Posted by chicken [​IMG]
    I'll be in the 200 six falcon and trying to better my 18.02 from '07......so lindross or jalopygal lets line 'em up! NoSurf too if you're back runnin' again.......

chicken

originally posted by lindross-
    [haha, now that sounds like a fair and evenly matched race! A 200 six Falcon vs a Slant Six Valiant! People will have enough time to go get a sandwich by the time we finish! :eek::D

Heck yeah, come grab me and we'll line em up! Sounds like a blast]

I'm up for it too! People might even have a chance to get a brew with that samich!:p Come find me and lets go!

13. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

That thing fuckin rules!

14. bigken

bigken

:rolleyes:
    You gonna get outta town friday morning? :rolleyes:

15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Put a hitch on that thing and tow that little Falcon up there!:)

16. scrape

scrape

id like to...... aaron might have to work friday.....

"Put a hitch on that thing and tow that little Falcon up there!"
    we're trailering the 55.... lets just say its not streetable........
    and if we took his falcoon up there who whould shift the gears?(cause noone can shift as fast as the shocker).... hahaha.....

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  17. Rusty

Rusty

Whre is the Shocker, They cant use anything said on here in the court of law

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I just PM'd with him. He may not know it yet, but he'll be there..... unless he's skeered of that '55.

19. The Shocker

The Shocker

Im predicting low 13's for you and Aaron or a corrected high to mid 12 (with me behind the wheel banging the gears for you) .After all that 55 has a 4 spd. not an auto with a shift light ...

20. senior fried

senior fried

Thats FUNNY !!! The shocker is shifty you know !!!

21. senior fried

senior fried

Hey , I really like that car, I'm partial to fast 55's

Attached Files:

22. Low 12's but I'd like to break into the 11's.

DW, do you have a roll bar this year?

23. ponchoman

ponchoman

I'm hoping for at least a low 18, and would be ecstatic with a run into the 17's.

24. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yep he does !

25. Excellent. I'd hate to have to slash his tires for his own safety. ;-) What did he run at the DOTD? 10.97?

26. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

11.05, no 10's yet. He's got a race bucket and harness for it as well. He'll pull the stock sofa out at the track and bolt in the race seat. That weight difference alone could be enough to do it. We'll see how the track is.

27. Rusty

Rusty

Gunning for Mid 18's with the 232 and the 39 tranny, I may as well be in the flatty class,, i think I am going backwards

28. Depends upon how full Breeder's cooler is. Topped up, no worries, low and slow. Half full, a steady pace. If it's the last beer, as fast as my little legs will carry.;)

29. Greezy

Greezy

Im shooting for 14's...but if it runs better than 16.01 (my best last year) I'll be happy.

30. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Uh........11.04:D
    Like Buzzard said, I'm gonna remove the "couch" @ the track. I weighed it recently & it weighs 95 lbs! Thats a lot for a seat & considering that the car weighs 2705 w/ me & that seat in it, it's either remove the seat or cut down on beer drinking.
    Really though. 2705lbs! What a heavy piece of shit for a Model A!!!
    I've got the day off today so maybe I'll spend about half of it in the car practicing my shifting:D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008