Register now to get rid of these ads!

How poplular was Green back in the day? and now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Both my trucks are green and I have always loved green. My first car was green as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Muttley

Muttley

Hands down my favorite color.

3. Squablow

Squablow

I really need to take some new pictures of this car that aren't on the trailer. These are already a few years old.

But yes, I like green. This car was originally yellow and black with a 2 tone green interior. Looked too taxi-cab-ish for me that way. My Edsel is going to be a turquoise color, kinda midway between blue and green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DRD57

DRD57

I might have a couple of pictures of a green roadster around here somewhere.

5. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

It was used in 39 by Dodge. At least there's some green left on the firewall and doors :D While my pops despises the color as bad luck at the drags, I love it and think the Jade Grenade and the Bebe & Mulligan feds are two of the sexiest.

Attached Files:

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

That (Polo Green) is the color on my 52 Chevy Convert. When I got my Yukon in 2001, I decided I liked that color with the tan top.

[​IMG]

B:)B

7. sir

sir

pine forest green metalic.(valspar)

Attached Files:

8. DrJ

DrJ

As said in my signature (changed to it a couple days ago) below. :cool:

Mid '50's GM cars had about 5 shades of green available each year, so the chances of one you find today being green is high.

Lots of late 60's cars were green.
    First year Cougar comes to mind.
    Conservative "Grandpas" liked the color and quite often didn't abuse the car as much as the type of person who bought a Red car so more Green cars are likely to still be around for any year they were available.
    Doesn't man they were more popular at the time.

First NEW car my Dad ever bought was a two tone green '82 Cutlass Supreme "Bro-ham". He was 59 at the time.
    I thought it was looked like "an old man's color".
    First new car I ever signed my name to was the '06 Civic Wife bought.
    It's a color called "Galaxy Gray" but first time I looked at it in the sun light I noticed it was a three step paint with a GREEN Mica Pearl (with a touch of Red) on it... Damn!

My first car I bought myself was Sea Foam Green... for about a week.
    I painted it the Metallic Brown that had just come out on Rivieras that year.

My favorite Greens are the Turquoise that damn near every restored '57 Chevy gets painted and the Firethorn(?) Green Oldsmobile had around '76 or '77.
    It's real close (if not the same as) to the green on 50Fraud's shoebox.

I also liked the really pale almost White "celery" Green Ford put on Thunderbirds in '64, or '65.

9. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Green was unlucky at indy,All other forms of racing used green. Grand prix Brits cars were green,jackie stewart ran green and won.Drag racing
    Green elephant rail and funny won.Peanuts in the pits started at indy.
    Most bad luck syuff came from indy.

10. My Terraplane is Hudson Peacock Green, and my '56 Plymouth wagon is almost an OD Green, with a flattener.

I like green cars. They were very popular in the late '60s and early '70s, and seem to be coming back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 5w32

5w32

built and finished in 99 and still like it, now building a 55 cameo and painting it green as well

Attached Files:

12. 65fordguy

65fordguy

yeah, ive never been a big fan... but my last truck was a 96 z71 that got a remodel and fresh paint.. once it was painted.. forest green or dark green.. (original color) I reallly liked it.. but then someone jacked it. never thought about green for my 65 but just happend to see the color and it sorta won me over.. and all ive thought about for the last couple weeks.

glad to see its a "cool" color and hamb friendly. :cool:

13. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

I read somewhere that Verduro Green was the most popular color for Pontiacs in 1968.
    I had a dark green Road Runner. It was a metallic green. Looked like Army surplus. All it needed was a big white star on the door. Never liked green too much. Here is the only green car that I currently have:
    [​IMG]
    WF

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  14. 65fordguy

65fordguy

nice rides guys.. keep em coming...

15. I had a green 61 chevy in 1965. I guess that is why I've never owned another green car.

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Latest from another long time green freak ............... :D

[​IMG]

17. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

[​IMG]
    my coupe with the wild apple metallic green from the 60's...
    [​IMG]
    than the green primer phase...
    [​IMG]
    than the current green rattlecan...
    (had to ditch the gold engine though - not lucky...)

[​IMG]
    and the old green roadster...

[​IMG]
    and neal's bitchin green flathead...

TP

18. Green, especially sea foam green, must have been very popular as almost every car I have from the 50s started out that color. As for Green being bad luck at the races, I used to belong to a push car club and had a green truck, the only guys that would wave me off and not let me push them were the Midget guys, a very superstitions bunch.

19. KKustoms

KKustoms

20. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

Here is a pic of my "green" 58 Edsel Villager I'm trying to get road worthy...

[​IMG]

21. 65fordguy

65fordguy

this cars color[​IMG]is pretty close to what im wanting... and I just saw a guy with an f100 ill post it in a sec.

22. 65fordguy

65fordguy

lodaddyo s ford f100... its the same color as I was posting originally! and he has posted it in one of my other post... shish. its perfect!
    [​IMG]

kudos for a sweet truck.

23. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Here's my green.
    I'm thinking of making it semigloss black though, or perhaps twotone green/black.
    Don't want to dissapoint B:DB ofcourse :rolleyes: :)

[​IMG]

24. British racing green was popular in the 50s. There were a number of nice BRG rods in the San Gabriel Valley as I recall. I am considering using BRG on my next build.

25. aussidad

aussidad
    from Australia

Aussie guys will get this.
    "Green, green is nice" from the movie running on empty

26. GlenC

GlenC

British racing green...

Attached Files:

27. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Green is my favorite color. My 41 Packard will be Grove Green Iridescent, the truck will be candy Organic Green over a silver base, we're just finishing a 34 Packard roadster in a color similar to BRG from back in the day. My racer was 72 GM bright green metallic with a gold pearl. Not all greens are pretty. Some are downright fugly but overall it's one of the most "colorful" hues.

28. Flatattack

Flatattack

Green sucks :D. Just look at the Sam Barris & Hirrohata Mercs. Here's some more to prove it.

Attached Files:

29. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

What was this dude thinking?

[​IMG]

30. That color is VW cyber green. Look at VW Bugs at your local VW dealer