Register now to get rid of these ads!

how much should i pay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stewedscrewdtattood, Oct 20, 2006.

1. stewedscrewdtattood

stewedscrewdtattood

theres place near by that has 4 or 5 caddys from the 30s up the a 54 there all rough but fixable what should i offer this guy

2. czarcastetic

czarcastetic
    from Las Vegas

I'm new here but I think sharing what the condition of these caddys are in my be helpful. Even better post some pictures.

3. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

ah, the question impossible to answer... can't comment w/ any specific answer without any specific info...

i'd recommend asking the guy if he's looking to make a couple hundred bucks and then see what his response is. many times people who have cars sitting rusting outside seem to think they're worth more than they are.

-scott noteboom

4. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

i like that...ive always thought that i look like a jackass trying to lowball someone,but the make a couple hundred thing sounds real smooth.

5. tomslik

tomslik

well, steel is about 50 bucks a ton right now, a month ago it was $115.
    figure about 150 buck a car;)

6. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

batwing air cleaners -200

a/c units(trunk box, and rear window tubes, vents, roof vents and compressor ect) -1000

clusters 25-150

the list just goes on and on......

7. guiseart

guiseart

wave 5 hundreds in his mug, tell him you will take all of them... usually works.

8. stewedscrewdtattood

stewedscrewdtattood

sorry im an ass all cars have surface rust one has a banged up front end and no tranny its a 36 lasalle coupe,other is a 36 lasalle looks like a delivery or maybe a hurse...other is a trashed 23 lasalle conv, theres a 40s caddy thats just got surface rust its all there, a 54 caddy missing bumpers and has moderate rust,theres a 60s model studdy thats all there lite rust, a early 70s camaro thats got lite rust and a 30s pontiac thats complete would be an easy resto

9. rodknocker

rodknocker

a buck tree fiddy

10. theres place near by that has 4 or 5 caddys from the 30s up the a 54 there all rough but fixable what should i offer this guy

First off, do you want to buy them all?
    Second, are they complete cars?
    Third, what condition are they?
    Fourth, Do you want to sell them or restore them?
    And the list goes on............................
    Try to narrow it down a bit.

11. Ozzie

Ozzie

If you arrange to remove them all in one day, the price he's willing to take is sure to drop, cause convinience may be what this guy is looking for. $500 bucks and they'll be out of there tomorrow. then spend the rest on a couple of Tow trucks to drive them out of there to your place or warehouse all day.

Just my .02

12. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

With a "collection" like that, you are probably going to hear that he is going to "fix them up one day" or he will think they are worth $50,000 each. "Why I saw one like this one, only with shinny paint, sell on that Jackson- Barret Auction sell for a lot more then I'm asking."

Never hurts to ask, but just don't expect the answer your probably thinking. Most people don't have that many old cars just laying around, they are still there for a reason.
    Gene

13. It's not worth your time if they're all rusty and trashed. I mess with rusty trashed cars all the time, though, maybe you should tell me how to find this place?