Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much does it weigh

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ice man, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Ice man

Ice man

OK guys, living in the land of (don't have and can't get) I need the approx. weight of each front wheel of my fenderless 29 Pk Up. Only scale I can dig up is one of those electronic jobs and it won't do it. I'm running a AMC 4 banger/5sp and every thing is pretty much standard. Need this info to get the coilovers sized. Any help would be appreachated. Ice man

Attached Files:

2. RodStRace

RodStRace

Think outside the box. There is a way to use a standard bathroom scale and a 2X4 to get the weight divided to within the scale's range, but you might be able to find a road race/circle track guy with scales, a truck scale (do they require on the road trucks to be within limits there?), of an agricultural scale that will work.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=7574061

3. Ice man

Ice man

As I said at the beginning, DON"T HAVE CAN"T GET. They don't weigh trucks here, except at the cement plant, and I can't drive there yet. No inspection. Scales are not an important thing here. If the truck has room, it can't be overloaded, put some more in. I weighed my roadster at the cement plant when it was built, but it needed to be registered, the truck has that. O well ill try some thing else. Ice man

4. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

any recycling centers/ or plants nearby? they usually got truck scales

5. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

oh, didnt see where you lived. any of the ports around there got scales?

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

Ice man, I ASKED if you had access to truck scales, I didn't assume.
    Did you follow the link I provided?

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Do you have a Airport there? What about at a hanger where they do aircraft inspections.. They usually have calibrated scales for the Smaller airplanes. 4 of those scales would work.. they would be no higher than car ramps.. Or a shipping dock.. they have to weigh in for transport of goods..

does that help??

8. Ice man

Ice man

If it was legal to drive on the road I could use any number of places with scales, but its not legal yet. So I'm still bound to my shop. Ice man

9. bolt_boy_49

bolt_boy_49
    from USA

I saved this from another site a while ago hope this helps<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Beenaway2long
    4 pieces of copy paper and an accurate tire pressure guage. Cheapest easiest way. (no, I haven't sniffed too much nitrous)

On a flat surface, slide a sheet of paper behind, in front of and on both sides of a tire. Measure the distance front/aft & side to side. Multiply width by length, for total square inches of tire footprint. Check tire pressure. Multiply psi x the square inches. Do the same for the remaining tires. Add thewm together. and you have your weight.

I was within 8# on a 2700# race car, and a 3100# 65 chevelle.

Slide the paper in until it stops, and keep them parallel /square.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado