Register now to get rid of these ads!

How Much Does Interior Cost These Days?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddy, Apr 21, 2009.

1. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

Lots of hours go into construction, fit, finish and layout. Each car has different requirements Top panel has to be removeable to service compressors so rear panel is two panels.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Apples and oranges!! Imperial customs and Earl scheib!! Know what i'm saying? Amazing work man!! My father in law is an upholsterer he did such cars as the original Outlaw and Beatnik Bandit just to name a few, and he will spend 3 to 6 months on a single job , everything built from scratch, seats and all, That costs money!!! Of course a 1200$ job doesnt compare to a 18000$ job, but not too many people i know can afford the latter. So thank god there are guys who offer affordable interior jobs for the rest of us!!
    Ian

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  3. aldixie

aldixie

I just got mine done. Had front and back seats, springs repaired, new foam, door panels and kick panels. Just a little over 2K.

4. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

OK I gotta bite just how old is this add?Bet you could get your car painted in your choice of 5 luxurious colors for 19.95!

5. I think you just called Donnie and me fruits.....:eek: :eek:

Hey,I got off CHEAP on this one, but I'm still proud of it! My local guy did me a favor(more like a gift) and covered my seats---$300! :eek: That included enough material to do the rest(door panels, package tray, kick panels) Figure in my TIME doing the rest, plus the carpet and an internet cheap headliner(I WON'T do that again:()......this should have cost $2500-3000(I could have made that much working on customer stuff in the same amount of time:rolleyes:).

Not great, but it's not a great car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't see this thread being much different from "how much to paint my car" threads. You GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.....and sometimes you get lucky.....and sometimes you get burned.

6. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

True, you do get what you pay for so close this thread!

7. 60'coupe

60'coupe

PLEASE DON'T CLOSE THE THREAD !! Just post photos, how much it cost and who did the work !!
    60'

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Gill,i understand what your saying,your work is great,amazing,but extreme conditions demand extreme responses,i gotta go where the price is right,but not just that the work is total pro,from an old school guy who knows his stuff and has passed the tradition on to his kids,its hot rodding TJ style.I have the most respect for all upholstery guys in the U.S who do custom stuff,i also have respect for people in other countries that do the same.I would love to get a full job done here but i cant hand out $4,000 .just cant do it.

9. davidh73750

davidh73750

I had these done but after talking to other customers I thinks she's becoming color blind, more turquoise than I wanted, front and rears for $600

Attached Files:

10. banditomerc

banditomerc

My son had his '47 fleetline upholstered for 3500.00:eek:

11. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

Naw man you got a good thing going! Im just saying that if the shop was in the U.S. he couldnt charge those prices, no way, U.S. labor alone would be more that the total cost of some of those jobs.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Agreed.Labor costs are everything in the U.S.But when it comes to upholstery you own that area.If TJ didnt exist you know i would be knocking at your door,your work is top quality...no doubt.

13. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

Thanks man.

14. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

You read my mind! I have guys that spend 5-15 thou on paint and take a year to get done, but they want me to do the job for $50bucks and have it ready yesterday. As for the interior in question i get about $2500 for a mild custom vinyl/cloth job.