Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much did Ford p/u cab length change from model a to 34

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burninfatties, Aug 21, 2012.

1. burninfatties

burninfatties
    from Ocala, FL

I am looking to buy a Ford pickup and was wondering how much the length of cab interior changed thru the years from 29 to 34 (dash to rear of cab and leg room). Im 6' tall and would like as much leg room as possible. A bad accident has left me with less flexibility in my knees. Does the extended Brookville cab add much room for comfort?:rolleyes:

2. I don't know the numbers but I am 6 foot tall and I have a 34 ford pickup and I have room but it is tight in their. If I take a road trip I really need to stop and get out every couple of hours. But I have 3 peddles in their.

3. I've had a model A cab and a 34 cab. I'd go for a 32-34 if I was looking again. Model A is to tight. The 34 was noticeable bigger.

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

im 6'-2 and i fit in my 33 fine. its not chopped though. Awhile back i built a 33 that was chopped 6" and i fit fine in it with a custom seat i made for mockups. the seat back was nill, almost better to go with a bomber style seat, have some cushion for your butt and just a smidge for your back. the blue one with the red interior is the one that i fit fine in if you had a custom seat.. the owner used a Glide seat in it, that made it too cramped for me.. Im thinking the 33-4 has at least 6" more than a model A but i might be wrong

Attached Files:

5. walls

walls

I just happened to sit in a 30/31 with an extended brookville back yesterday. I'm 5'11 and had plenty of room. As everyone says, seat style and placement will have a huge effect on the finished product. This one had some old mustang buckets pushed all the way back. Also as funny as it sounds, the type of shoes you wear will affect your comfort in a roadster. The pedals are usually close together.
    That said, I just don't like the look of the extended cabs.