Register now to get rid of these ads!

How messy is your shop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ahawes, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Heo

Heo

Yes busy with trying to find stuf and tripping over
    junk I hate the mess the evil gnomes create in my shop
    when i look in a nother direktion

2. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

My garage is a 20' x 20'disaster area.I have collected so many parts that I can't get in the garage without moving something first.I have a 32 Ford somewhere in there that I can't see.I have just started to reform myself and I am now in the process of selling and throwing stuff out till I can work on my car.My best guess is it will take till the fall.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. el shad

el shad

I have a 32 Ford in mine to. No biggie right? Dont we all?????

4. dmikulec

dmikulec

This thread is useless without photos. :D

5. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I agree with you Mr Jean. Sometimes when I'm working I have to stop and put everything away. I know as I'm doing it that I'll be taking some things back out in a minute, but it has to be done.

I do a fair amount of welding so I don't like clutter, especially flamable clutter.

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i was just thinking that

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30 X 40 and a mess. 3 project cars in various stages of "apart". On the good side I make great use of the space I have. Now in my mind, shop clutter is like a bunch of shit you're not using or ever going to use and it just hangs around. yeah mine's a mess but it's nice mess. All good stuff. I convinced my love that we need another building on the property. She agrees! Am I lucky or what? If I could store shit out of my way I'd have the whole 1200sqft to work in.

8. oj

oj

If your shop is cluttered and a mess because you are too lazy to put the shit away then that is a bad thing. If your shop is a mess because you are inspired to create something then that is a good thing. And people can tell the difference.
    Pics, heres a few.

Attached Files:

9. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Both my shop and garage are a mess. On top of that I am from a long line of pack rats. I am always working on something and there are lots of things scattered around. if one of you guys with OCD tenancies wants to take a shot at organizing it, let me know.:D

10. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]

Has'nt changed much other than my 64 taking up the bay where my old T bucket sat

11. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

That reminds me I should do nothing on saturday and clean the shop.

12. Going imto a messy shop in the morning is like waking up to a ulgy woman!

13. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I would'nt know anything about that. Sorry 'bout your luck....:eek:

14. yblock292

yblock292

sunday evenings is shop cleaning time, bout the time i can't find a hammer!

15. Oh no, I was not referring to my wife, you know the type I'm talking about.
    My shop is always cleaned before leaving.:D

16. hot rust

hot rust

amen to that, i know people who spend more time cleaning than working,doesnt work for me.

17. start my day cleaning and prepping for the day, then thrash on the projects, [and the shop] all day, leave, repeat.

18. havi

havi

I started Spring cleaning, and here's the first load I hauled outside:

Attached Files:

19. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

I need to do the usual spring cleaning, get the snowblower pushed into the corner. Sweep out the garage. Get the frig plugged back in and filled with beer(done!). Get the boat moved to the other side, except this year the boat will be swapping spots with the International that I picked up last December. Once I get that moved I'll start tearing into the truck, then I'll have a mess.

[​IMG]

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

In a word
    Annihilated

21. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I've got a five stall garage, wife's car in one, a 29 Model A in one, two project cars one covered with parts from the other, one clean stall to work in, the rest has 2 motorcycles, yard tools and general crap. So not counting my wife's stall I have the stall I work in with my project and have to move a motorcycle to use my work bench. Too many toys but don't want to part with any.

22. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Ive been cleaning my garadge for a year and a half and I'm still cleaning. a year ago I had to walk on top of stuff to get in the door.

Attached Files:

23. built2grind

built2grind

Mine is usually pretty clean. Standard 2 car garage with 60 Buick and 29 Essex coupe stuffed in there. Whenever I'm going full steam on a project it looks the worst, but I tend to go out there every night whether working on the car or not and pick up a few tools and put away. Its just easier that way,

24. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

I keep my shop safe to work in. At the end of the day I will sweep and straighten up a bit before it's lights out. I have to provide and work in safe enviroments all the time so it is just a carry over for me to do it home. Clean is safe.

Attached Files:

25. mines a mess...but what the hell - if I paid a shrink to cure my brain issues - I wouldn't have any beer or car monies....

26. I know that I like a clean and organized shop. That takes time and commitment to keep it that way. Sometimes I say F&%* it- clean it up in the morning but that always screws up the next days progress. Keeping it neat (not clean but neat) is alot easier and less time consuming than trying to get it back into control.

Some guys like to spend a 1/2 hour cleaning the shop because they hate looking for crap, Some guys must like to spend a 1/2 hour looking for shit more than straightening up. Some guys will clean off the table when they are done so its ready for the next time, some guys clean it off when they need it. Depends on what your good at and prefer to do, the time will get spent one way or another

27. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

clean? what the fuck is that, the tools belong where ever they land .

28. Willy301

Willy301

I have 1500 sq ft, and t just isn't enough. When I lost my parents, I gained all their stuff until we sold, donated or gave away all that was worth dealing with. Now I have been captive to working in clutter due to my project being bare metal and we had 3 months of almost solid rain. I will say the body dust has made it very easy to see what kind of bugs frequent my shop at night, all the little foot prints are all over the place..wish I could teach them to clean...

29. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

I think if it is too clean you are not working very hard!!

30. Deuces

Deuces

Can't walk in there without tripping over something. :eek: