Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many projects do you have going at the moment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt slinger, Nov 7, 2010.

1. big bad john

big bad john

......Just one.....1937 Ford coupe.......

2. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

2.....Again. Arrrgggg. No wonder nothing ever seems to move forward. Money this way...No!.....Money that way! Then, I go to the garage...Ahh, this one today? Ahh, that one? screw it. Drink BEER!

Attached Files:

3. 4 current projects
    1) 55 ford.....driving now, but UGLY

2) Dodge P'up.......Not driving.....still ugly

3) MGB-GT .........Almost done

4) MG Midget .......track car, coming together.

Attached Files:

4. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

5. '55 Buick Special & '29 Model A Coupe and I'm sure another one will come along soon..I always have way too many projects, I need to stick to one at a time

6. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Enough that I can't manage to get anything done.

7. I see you got the chop done on the '54, I need to stop up there one of these days and check it out!

8. Langan

Langan
    from Eagle ID.

4 but one at a time. the 35-6 is almost ready for paint but way fun to drive so may never make paint. The 34 is next resto rod 32 style 36 is good friends dads truck,and rear engined Lotus 7 is a track day car, started as economy car. Economy makes it very hard had to sell 34 truck.

Attached Files:

9. davis574ord

davis574ord

glad to see im not the only one with too much shit goin on at the moment! a 31 coupe a 31 four door sedan and a 4x4 blazer, and a 85 ford pickup, a 60 f-100, parting out a bronco ll , a 89 blazer parting out! enough allready!!

10. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Three projects. My 54F100 custom that I'm working on now. My 62 Falcon I'm collecting the hard to find parts for and will start working on in the fall of 2011, an my 28 Chev 2 door sedan I'm collecting the hard to find parts for and will start on after the Falcon.
    Hopefully I will have some 54 updates next week.

11. I am working on three projects off and on too. My 50 Merc custom is first. Also working with my son on his 28 Model A roadster, and my oldest son's 51 Ford 2dr. My youngest son also has a 30 Model A 2 dr sedan. The roadster is currently on the back burner as I am trying to get my Merc done first.

12. jonly

jonly

3, but only one is mine. my wife's ford, my friend's wife's vette :confused:, and my riv.

Attached Files:

13. Wow, what a reality check:eek:. Hmmm......ok , I had to think about em . 15 is a good number:eek:. 37 sedan, 38 coupe, 49 coupe, 55 210, 55 150, 57 150, 57 210, 57 3100 pick-up, 62 Corvette 340 hp 4-speed, 62 Corvette 300hp 4-speed, 62 Impala SS 409, 65 Nova SS, 67 Nova SS, 67 Corvette coupe, 68 Corvette ...... I inch forward slowly collecting, organizing , planning. I just hope the Man above grants me enough build time, and a few pounds of hundreds to continue.:D Thanks to all who posted , I know I am not alone with this disease:cool:.

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That 35 looks great....what color?

15. rustdodger

rustdodger

I find them cheap and then chip away at finding the missing parts around paying the house off. The house thing really has cut into the car budget but it's all mine as of recently. at present i have;
    '40 Hudson coupe, '41 Ford PU, '50 Ford Business Coupe, '54 F100, and OT '77 Ford 4x4, and my Case 300 tractor.I haven't brought in a new project for years either....

16. dawford

dawford

I am building 3 right now and will modify 1 or two later.

I have enough frames and engines for 6 right now.

I am using the cookie cutter approach to build my cars.

The first three cars are built from boxed girdered Model A frames.

One of them is lingthened 8" to accommidate the 8" lingthened fiberglass 30 ford pickup cab from I.T.

One frame will have a Brookville Roadster Pickup 6" stretch body and bed and the 3rd frame will have a custom speedster body on it.

After I finish the first 3 cars I will probably take the Fresh H&H rebuilt engine out of the Woodie Mail Truck on my Avatar and put it in my 1929 tudor.

I will then lift the body and Box Girder the frame and put a running gear under it similar to the ones I am using in the other cars.

The 29 Tudor will keep the Model A engine but will get the same chassis workover and a T5 overdrive transmission as the others. It will be my Token Model A for My Temecula Valley Model A Club.

The 3 first cars and the Woodie will all have Fresh Mercruiser 224ci 4 cylinder Big Blocks and T5 5 speed overdrive transmissions and 8.8in Ford limited slip rear ends.

The Mercruiser engines will have Performance Aluminum heads on stock blocks.

They should put out 225 to 230 hp and about 275 ft/lbs of torque.

They weigh about 350 lbs dressed. That is about 125 lbs less than a Model A engine.

The custom speedster will weigh about 1600 to 1700lbs and should go like
    a scalded cat.

The reason that I chose to build these cars like this is that they will be fast, reliable, easy to get parts for and most important all of the technology is simple.

Drum brakes, carburated, standard transmission and a standard distributor, all of which I can easily handle it I have any problems on the road.

These cars are going to be driven by me and my kids.

All of the cars including the Speedster will look as stock as possible.

The Speedster will look like an early European sports car. The others like stock Model A Fords.

Dick :)

Attached Files:

17. LUCKY DEVIL 13

LUCKY DEVIL 13

I have 2 going right no my 1938 Phantom Packard sedan delivery and my 42 Chevy Pickup

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  18. BLZEEBUB

BLZEEBUB
    from Ireland

since some other posters are listing their o/t cars, i thought i might as well list mine;
    1/ Patina'd mk1 caddy- was a 2 year backgarden (before i got the lockup) project, built up from a shell; - all under the shell suspension is uprated, with all new bits, big disc brakes all round, runs a later golf gearbox and turbo diesel engine; its my daily now that its done, but needs 'improving'
    [​IMG]

2/ 92 Merc with AMG kit; 117 tho miles; sold it once n bought it back; needs only small bits like brake hoses n ARB link to pass the test but I havent had the time to get to it recently; all the bits are bought...
    [​IMG]

3 77 Bus that has a lot of rust issues; converting to diesel and dont fancey all the flat 4 trouble n fuel consumption; have this about 6 years, just drageed it about n gathered parts mostly so far; (donor turbo diesel engine can be seen in the bed of the mk1 caddy in 1st pic.
    [​IMG]

4 a Mk1 GP beach buggy (glassfibre) - aquired (in a swop) last year; I have 3 pans for this, and the 77 bus will donate its tuned 1776 motor which was in the bus when I bought it; I have most of the parts already for this; again just need the 'time'...
    [​IMG]

Theres also my brothers mk1 Golf soft top sitting at the house here...

Ive dragged home one or two others over the years that I have thought better about (usually decent cars that needed little doing) and sold on soon after; i seem to keep all the challenges or 'shit' for myself... depends on how you look at it...

19. I don't really feel too bad with my junk then. The sedan delivery had some wiring done to it this summer, nothing on the hardtop, and I skinned my shin on the Merc.......:(

20. 52RAM108

52RAM108
    from 76564

finishing up remodels of my parents' 30 yr old house & my 20 yr old house; had to put off the frame off restos of my '48, '49 & '51 Dodge trucks for over a year; have enough parts from '51, '52 & '53 Dodge parts trucks to make one run with a hopped up flathead 6, T-5 transmission & Dakota rear axle (still in planning stages)...so I'm ready to win the lottery to get all this finished

21. yruhot

yruhot

Well when you say projects I'm thinking you are refering to building cars and trucks and bikes. Cause after you build them you have to maintain them. Almost as bad. Got a 56 chevy thats going to need a new crate motor and a turbo 350 gone through, A 57 chevy truck which could use some tunes. A 1930 model A tudor that needs paint and some interior,A 1996 dodge daully that needs paint. Fallingoff in spots. Medel A also needs new tires, also restoring old Coka cola coolers anda 55 chevy gasser I'm building that was totalled before I took posesion of it. And I've cut way back. When i was young I collected all these cars I was going to fix up andgot pulled in so many directions that later in life I try to do only one at a time. I can't stand having a car down so I play with the running ones.

22. Dodge Dude

Dodge Dude

my " future " daily driver, Dodge A108. finished in 2011?;-)
    dodge trailer.jpg

dodge2.jpg

23. jimz56

jimz56
    from minnesota

I have 2 at the moment, 57 chevy 2 door conversion made into a gasser and a chopped 46 oldsmobile that a friend of mine has always wanted to build.

24. indygasser

indygasser

a couple,ok a few

25. More than one at a time sucks.....lol. I got a 53 Victoria of my buddies that I still gotta get started on. It's a complete build from someone else's junke up heap to a nice custom. Needs rockers, floors, floor braces, lower quarters and doors, etc. Plus subframing it, small block Chevy, tons of body mode, complete interior, the whole deal. Have same friends 55 town sedan. We pulled motor and tranny and went through both and reinstated. Still gotta finish hooking a few things up. At the same time we replaced about 1/3 of the floors, new interior, all new flat glass, which still needs installed, and redid the dash and all garish molding. Got a 77 cutlass stripped to bare metal that I am about to paint. It's a very nice low mile one owner car, but had more paint on it that a 100 year old chicken coupe. Got a 79 Chevy regular cab dually that I am changing the cab on for another guy and doing an all over paint job on. A 72 Ford short wheelbase seaside truck that needs lots of bodywork and paint. All that and I got slapped with a nasty divorce and things got real bad the last several months and I haven't been on the shop for two months.......gotta get back on track!

26. jscoma47

jscoma47

I have my 66c10 coming apart for bodywork, my 54 chevy , 55 f100panel.....tooo many!! Not to mention the bikes!!

27. Seems like alot but not compared to you all. 1) 48 Stude pickup, was done. Now have widened rear fenders and wrapped running boards in primer, not painted yet. 2)1932 Chevy 2 door sedan, running and driving. In primer and ready for interior. 3) Just brought home a 37 Chevy truck for my next project. "He who dies with the most toys, wins. "

28. Wildcycles

Wildcycles

Too many I think... I have 6 or is it 7? including a '29 model A, '28 Chrysler, '33 Ford pickup, '54 F-100, '56 F-100 and a model T pickup...Anyway, I think more than one or two is too many for most folks. I'm sure I'd be better off with one so I could concentrate on it, but one project "driver" to enjoy while collecting parts and focusing on one "build" would be ideal for me. Oops! that's still two! It must be a contagious disease.

29. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

3 active, many waiting......

30. every car i own is a project. my 29 A coupe is my project im thrashing on to try and finish, my 53 studebaker pickup was my first car and is in the garage all sand blasted and waiting for me, and my 98 gmc daily has even found itself as a project.