Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many projects do you have going at the moment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt slinger, Nov 7, 2010.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Im doin' good lately, i dumped 5 cars in the last year. A '55 willys wagon, '65 GTO, '50 Chevy 3600, '46 Willys CJ2A, and my pickup. I still have a '63 Impala 409, '66 Impala, and '53 Desoto im working on.

Not sure if they count but i have my son's pedal car, my son's lowrider radio flyer, and a '55 Harley Hummer...

Some of the builds are waiting till i have the time and money, others i've lost interest in. I imagine i could get alot done if i focused on just one at a time

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am trying to focus on one at a time, but when I see parts i know I am going to need for something else in the future, I try to snipe them, if they are a good deal and I can afford them..

3. Most of my projects i get for free or cheap (under $300)- thats why they're projects- would be nice to have a going old car but can't find the coin to do so, so keep working on the ones i've got to make one go. :D

4. 30 A roadster and 34 Ford Tudor. Goin to put the A on the 32 chasis in the next month or so and do some patch work around the tail end of the 34. Plan on having engines in both by Christmas and something "driving" by spring. But limited budget and room always post a problem. But first I gotta get my thumb outta my ass if I'm goin to do anything.

5. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

6. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Four:

My '28 AV8 sedan - in our only one car garage - marathon mockup (almost 10 years) is near the end.

Daughter's '56 Plymouth - in our back yard - currently up on blocks with trans and torque converter out for new ring gear and trans pan gasket installations.

Wife's '27 turtledeck T bucket - pieces tucked away in and around our home - I work on the pieces when I can shoehorn in some time and make room for one of them in the garage.

My buddy's '50 Meteor (semi-custom) sedan - in his shop a few miles away - is nearing the end of my part (mechanical work). The rest (bodywork and paint) is his.

Regards,
    Dave

7. I have three projects going right now but I like to concentrate on one at a time. So everything is hitting the back burner so I can finish the Uni before Bonneville next year.

8. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I have 5 projects of my own Going on right now, not counting bits and pieces I have tucked away for my retirement........But at the rate I am going on them My grandson will have to finsh up a few of them...LOL...and I am only 35

9. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

3.... well technically 2, a custom, and a bonneville car, but I also have an O/T jeep that I will turn into a daily driver.

10. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Three,
    49 Merc Sled that just need a few finishing touches, like front interior window trim need cut down to fit the chop, left skirt could have a little better fit.
    48 Chev Aero Cp, custom body work maybe 90 % done , engine is done, trans is done, most of chrome work is done, needs interior work, glass cut, put back together and wiring.
    69 Lincoln Mark 3 not touched yet , need stripped of all badging, door handles, bagged & chopped.

11. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Uh, define "project" and "going at the moment"? :p

I think I'd have to say 3-4, but they're always changing.

Between cars, motorcycles, and my girlfriend's cars, I own (or work on) about 15 vehicles that have to be considered projects (including both of our daily drivers) or future projects. At any given time I'd have to say I'm actively working on 3-4, with the rest "in the wings". But the 3 or 4 I'm working on is coming out of a pool of like 6 or 7, so the "active" projects change every couple of months.

So, if its stuff I've worked on in the last couple of months, its 3 or 4. But if its stuff I've worked on in the last year, its 6 or 7.

I'm confused. Maybe that means I have too many projects. :rolleyes:

12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hey rickman454 ,check this buick out,its on a caprice flloor and running gear.
    [​IMG]

13. One that needs paint and interior... and one that is still in the collectiing stage... once the 2nd one is sold, it'll pay for the pint and interior on the first one...

Plus a CB750K6,
    plus a minibike,
    plus 4-5 pedal cars,
    plus...

14. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

31 coupe being redone slowly, 32 freshing up seals etc. but drives and just starting to look/collect parts for a 29 roadster on 32 rails. Always looking for a 39 chopped merc and COE rollback to add to the mix someday when I get the money.

15. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

wow low budget I would drive the wheels off that ride, nice!

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

oops! Not mine just one that was at a local monthly cruise in.;)

17. lawman

lawman

None at this time. I'm Trying to recover from the last one !!!! LOL
    Tom (Tired Old Man)

18. Dustmite Dragster

Dustmite Dragster

Right Now in the shop im building the Model A Fire wall. Im putting a new wire harness, 4-Link, 9", and brakes in the 63 Nova, and The Van is getting the Interior Finished and all the nickle and dime garbage at the end of the build

Attached Files:

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

3 if we are just talking cars

20. Weasel

Weasel

Too many....

21. wheelbarrowsgarage

wheelbarrowsgarage
    BANNED
    from Missiry

To many! Only have one completely torn apart at the moment, its only been that way for 2 years so whats the hurry. More waiting then I can count. Been spending all my time recently getting the shop ready for winter, part of it is 15 years old and has never been fully insulated. Hopefully I can work all year this year. Then there are lots of little things, winch that needs a mount, maintenance on all the tools and my drivers....its never ending!

22. espo35

espo35
    BANNED
    from california

A 1962 TBird Sport Roadster (at paint shop now) to complete a ground-up resto', a 1956 Pontiac (trying to sell) but first must fix a few irritations, a shop full of about 20 steering wheels in various stages of restoration, trying to get both cars ready for the San Jose Custom & Classic Show Dec. 4th & 5th, + a possible vendor booth at same.

23. Several,
    '65 AWB Tempest Funny car
    '61 Catalina bubbletop
    '61 Catalina Safari
    '59 F 35O with 5.9 Cummins
    '74 Rogers jet boat with blown 541" Pontiac

Then there are a half dozen or so others on what I call the 'short list' waiting until the ones above are completed for their turn.

'61 Ventura
    '62 Catalina coupe
    '67 GTO
    '69 GTO
    '71 GTO
    '64 GTO
    '62 Safari

Then there is my Top Fuel nostalgia car. Running blown and on nitro, it constantly needs the attention that 2 to 3 normal cars do as it is extremely 'high maintence'. When I work on that, say prior to a race, everything else usually gets pushed aside.

When doing painting, that is another time when you have to focus on just doing that. Cannot be doing greasy stuff at that time or you can end up with a real mess.

I do not care to build one at a time as most do. There are many reasons why i may bounce around from one project to another.
    Some of the reasons are-
    May not have the money to buy a certain part or parts needed on a certain project so, will shift my time to the next one that needs primarily time.
    Also, depending on the time of the year can have an effect on where the priority is. As an example, if a certain event is coming up and a certain project needs to be there, that one gets priority.

Some people rag on me for bouncing around but, hey, it is my stuff and I like to work on what I want and when I want.

Another reason is my mood. I do most of my own work maching, welding, body work, paint, build engines, drive lines, suspension, etc, etc, etc

Sometimes I am in the mood to do body work so I may be doing welding, grinding, filler, priming, etc on several cars or panels at once.

When I am in the engine mode, concentrate on that and distance myself from bodywork.

Have your own system but, this works for me. Just enjoy the car hobby daily and never tire of it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  24. Aw crap. I am down alot since I have moved 550 miles for a new job. Taking 2- 55 Caddy's to make 1 nice one, off topic benz i have wanted since being a kid, my high school car 80 camaro, and a car trailer bought on the cheap. Left my 56 chevy in a warehouse back in mich and a 47 kb-1 at a buds place near des moines.

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

26. fitzee

fitzee

So what do you do in your spare time?? You do know there is only 24 hours in a day right??

27. mt94ss

mt94ss

At least I'm not alone.

1) '55 chev gasser x 4-door

2) '59 t-bird

3) '65 rivieras (2) one GS and one to be a 'vert

4) My cousin's OT '73 benz w/350 chev - this is taking all my time

5) OT ventura/gto (74)

Don't get to work on them as often as I'd like - busy at work :)

Later,

Mike

28. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes: more then I wanted at the moment...
    the one I really want to get to..
    [​IMG]
    the one I cant decide if I want to touch or use for parts
    [​IMG]
    the one I really should get ready for the track next year..:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    the one thats half apart for a new look
    [​IMG]
    and the bastard I just bought and been spending all my time on then riding and distracting me from the others.. and still plan to hardtail and redo yet:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

29. -Brent-

-Brent-

Two, I guess. One I am working on, the other I've just been collecting parts for.

30. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

Way too many, but then again, not enough. Crazy.