Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many of your jobs are not car related???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome, quick someone think of a drag racing myth! Those guys love that place! Maybe we can get them to test if Hydrazine really works? Then they can leave it for a while and let it blow up, this is a win - win idea!

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Im a Fruit of the loom guy............well not actualy one of the guys dressed like a fruit :eek:..........but I do work in the factory:D

3. truerebel

truerebel

i work as a production electrician setting up lights for TV shows concerts what else are you going to do in the studio capital of america Burbank

4. I'm a welder.I like to weld Hot Rods, but I'm in a really really rural area. I hafto weld on tractors,dozers,Brush hogs, farm equipment,fencing. I do weld Hot Rod chassis, but cant survive on that alone. From San Diego,moved to Crockett,Texas- A very big culture shock for me!

5. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

Freelance 3D Modeler

Attached Files:

• 43.jpg
      43.jpg
      File size:
      88 KB
      Views:
  6. Sorry, I win... I hang curtains..

7. Locdrjr

Locdrjr

Class A CDL/driver of 18 wheelers... Locksmith as a hobby/retirement job

8. Cochino

Cochino

I'm a Furniture refinisher. As a hobby I do kustom paint, chops and any thing thing to make a quick buck!!! Good luck Truck'n!!!

9. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I am a cnc operator for General Electric aircraft division. I make vanes for miltary aircraft engines, like the blackhawk helicopter. Also on the side I am a whore, well that is what I am told, but i lose money in that area.

10. Engineering consultant. Don't really get to work on cars much, more nuclear power stations, though we did redesign part of the suspension for THRUST SSC.

11. nail-head

nail-head

Petroleum landman. Our motto is:

"Exploiting the earth's natural resources for fun and profit."

Not so much profit lately.

I guess it's car related, although I mostly work for companies drilling for natural gas, not oil.

12. SpiritOf62

SpiritOf62

I work at the Apple store fixing expensive computers for stuck up yuppies. I live in the center of the OC, so thats what I can expect.

My official title is an Apple Genius, so thats a plus. Customers give us gifts every now and then, I got a regular customer who knew my truck and went out and bought me new emblems for the 62 because I cut him a deal on his repair costs. Needless to say I was stoked!

13. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

14. Kramer

Kramer

HVAC service.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Publishing Whore. I do the design work for a couple magazines.

16. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

Aviation related, we employed 14 people 11 years ago...no only ONE, Maybe being the last one here will be a good thing...right...I hope. (sigh). Rick.

17. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

Server, but not anywhere cheap! My guests for 2008 ordered nearly 1/4 million, so whatever you guys tips, times that amount, and I'm doing fairly well for a college guy.

18. I draw Bart, and a lot of other yellow people. (see bio.)
    Some times I get to animate Firebirds on two wheels, Johnny Carson juggling Oldsmobiles, Pink sedans rolling down hills, driving on rhino boots, chasing down carriages in central park, Bullet-esque car chases, multi-car pile ups and the list
    goes on and on and on........

19. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

Blood Bank Center Manager. Might get back into the autobody business someday.

20. AT&T Telephone Company splicer. I used to do bodywork & paint, mechanic, car detailing..... Shit, now I barely have time to work on mw own cars:(

21. Deuce76063

Deuce76063

I run a plant that makes insulated piping. Used mainly for chilled water, steam, cryogenics, etc. Extremely boring, but pays the bills for the hobby.
    Bob

22. Tony D.

Tony D.

Deputy Sheriff/Head Bailiff at our County Courthouse.

23. Larjk9

Larjk9

Professional Dog Trainer. I do occasionally haul the dogs in my Effie.

24. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I work for a local city's public works...assigned to park maintenance, really like it alot.good pay,benifits,plus every other friday off, gotta love them 3 day weekends.
    Brian.

25. LTM75110

LTM75110

Elevator technician, Do cars in spare time.

26. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

I am a professional "junkster locator". Spent 37 years as an auto instructor in a high school. Now spend my days building a hot rod or going to auctions and junk yards trying to find hot rod parts.

27. 067chevy

067chevy

I build hot rods and buy and sell classic auto's and parts.

28. TJratz

TJratz

Im a natural gas compressor/engine mechanic...although not the ones used to power cars. These pump natural gas from texas to Illinois in two 36" pipelines and two 40"pipelines for people to consume in their homes and businesses.

29. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

30. TJratz

TJratz

Holy shit!! Thats the best costume I have seen in a long time. Sorry but Im going to have to steal that one for Halloween! Great stuff!