Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many of you have a grease gun?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62rebel, Oct 18, 2010.

1. BashingTin

BashingTin

I've got two. One with a rigid stem, and one with a flexible hose. Bought them both over 30 years ago. Use them all the time. ;)

David

2. Not that anyone would want the parts to wear out prematurely......:rolleyes:

3. Have 3 , a mini , a full size manual and an air powered gun, all get used at oil changes and if i just feel like the various fittings need it ,,,,Sam

4. I have a few, nothing better than a greased nipple.
    Loved the water pump story!

5. Unfortunantly??? I've worn out-busted a few of them, hate when I'm in the middle of greasing tierod ends/ball joints and one quits. What a mess....

OK Movin/on grease under my finger nails ---- again.

6. Maniac Mike

Maniac Mike
    from Dos Palos

Sadder Thing.... I once worked for a guy that would make us drill and insert grease fittings on tie rods etc that did not have them! ! !

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

One more reason to have old stuff.:D

I have three and use them as needed. One large one, a small one with flexible hose and a vintage one with a special tapered end instead of the zerk fitting that works for places that just have a hole instead of a zerk.

Still pack wheel bearings in the palm of my hand too.

8. I have a few and at least one that worrks.When my 50 dodge had the stock suspension on it had to grease it every 1000 mi.

9. YoungGun

YoungGun

packing wheel bearings by hand is the way to do it!

10. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

have a what now?

11. Jay71

Jay71

My dad used to collect old grease guns. Always had a bunch hanging on the garage wall. I inhereted a couple of em.

12. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I've got one. I used it regularly when the Morris Minor was in near-daily use.

13. nali

nali

Proudly owner of a Rambler , my car as trunions . So I have a grease gun and use it twice a year :p

14. I have seen it happen, when you deal with alot of different kind of bearings you would be surprised what you see them do, but on awhole grease works wonders

15. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Of course, what else do you kill Nazis with? Geez!

lewk likes this.
  16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

well, I would hope that the shorter list would be, "who DOESN'T have a grease gun?"..........I can't imagine not having one....what would you use?
    Sheesh....

17. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Used mine last Saturday on my OT daily.

18. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

Got a couple and sprung for one that works off the air compressor. lot easier to use in tight places for this old guy

19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Yes I do,And they are filled with MSI,the best lube out there.No dry humping here!!!

20. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Kill me if you must. But if ya don't have, or use a grease gun.....whatcha doin here? Whoa! What a question.

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i do the same thing on my 80's car, it works.everyone i know in the club for these cars also does the same. I'm sure the 90 lincoln i just got has em, i need to find where they are
    yep, if you mix the wrong greases together they can turn to water, i've seen this a lot on wheel bearings

22. Still have 4 of the 10 or so I collected over the years when I worked construction. No pneumatic versions; I prefer to pump my own. (And Yes, I use them regularly.)

23. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

From the number of old cars that require a hammer and chisel to even find the grease zerks a lot of the previous owners didn't. Me, I have 4 or 5, one of which always has grease in it. Usually.:rolleyes:

24. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i hate greesein stuff, but its gotta be done. i got a few of them

25. S.F.

S.F.

so true man, I use my dads grease gun that he bought in 1972. He taught me the importance of chassis lubing at a young age, it really does make a difference.

26. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have 3 of them and all are different sizes . I use them more that you would think to keep the older cars going along with my boat engine and my lawn tractor !

Retro Jim

27. Why wouldn't you have a grease gun (or 3)?? :confused:

28. TV

TV

We have two or three in our shop and we use them. We know the old stuff needs a lot of LOVE.---TV

29. csclassics

csclassics

Heck yeah....nothing prevents premature wear like some grease!! I grease each of mine own cars every two years. Like changin' oil but not as often.

30. yep ive got 4 or 5 of em .