Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features How many of you guys have a 1940-1941 Non-truck Mopar ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Dec 1, 2012.

1. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I do not know how to post pics but I,ll work on it

2. actionrog

actionrog

my 40 Plymouth biz coupe will be posting some apdated pics next month.

Attached Files:

MengesTwinCustoms and Valtin like this.
  3. chevsen

chevsen

1941 P11 coupe here. Jaguar front end and OT motor. Work in progress.

4. ferdball

ferdball
    from mapleton

I agree that the 40-41's are a special breed. They have a look that is amazing!

I've got some pics posted up on http://oldodge.com

I've got a 40 D14 sedan, a 41 business coupe and a 40 desoto business coupe. all pretty much original or older restorations...

love em

5. 40mopar

40mopar
    from Nashvegas

Mine is a 40 plymouth business coupe.

6. gatz

gatz

40 Chrysler Royal Coupe in progress.

Trying to take care of things as it gets disassembled. Have modified the headlamps for turn-signals and also built turn-signals into the hood release cavities on both sides, which should show up really well on the interstate and at night.

It's alot further along than the pics indicate. Front end is apart, engine/xmsn is out and mounted on a dolly. BTW, 6-cyl engine runs great and is for sale. Got a good vid of it running if anyone's interested.

Going with a 331 HEMI, tied to a 727, & a 67 Coronet rear. Got the rear end all reworked and installed with 2" blocks that I made to fit the Chrysler springs, which are somewhat narrow at 1 3/4"

Tackling the front disc brakes setup now. Undecided whether to use Explorers, Chrysler Sebring or go with Jag XJ series components mounted to the Chrysler frame & front crossmember.
    Regardless of what I end up using, I'm designing adapters for both the Explorer and the Sebring setups.

gatz

Attached Files:

MengesTwinCustoms likes this.
  7. 41plym

41plym

Got 3 of them. Coupe, Convertible and Sedan Delivery
    41plym

8. alsancle

alsancle

I'm bringing this back up because I've decided I really like the 41 3 windows. I believe the running boards were optional so I would get rid of those first. There were a small number of 8 cylinder Chrysler made. I think I like the Luxury Liner Dodge the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Flattopben

Flattopben
    from Colorado

I just picked up a 1941 Dodge Three Window Coupe

Attached Files:

10. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

The above car looks so much like mine 1941 Dodge Bus Cpe 3 wdo.

11. tmfm

tmfm

just scored a 41 deluxe delivery with parts car on a barter.

12. lugnut53

lugnut53

i have a 1940 dodge d-14 5 window deluxe buss. cp. and i need to trade my 1940 [lymouth radio speaker cover which is in beautifull condition for a 1940 dodgespeaker cover and trim, does anyone out there want to trade, only a 1940 dodge speaker cover will work.

13. jaco

jaco

Here is mine. Just picked this one up. It is setup for Chevy running grear.
    It was just a hull when I got it. Now it has a 350-350 and is about road ready.
    This is what it looked like when I got it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is what it looks like now. Almost ready for the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Valtin likes this.
  14. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

My 41 desoto has been parted out and is gone, still have some stainless trim left for sale cheap if anyone needs it. Goes off to evil bay soon.

15. earlymopar

earlymopar

Perfect!

16. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I have a 1941 Plymouth 4 door I saved from the crusher last summer .I figure I'll get to it someday or pass it on to a younger fellow .

17. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Any more Mopar cars of these years guys.................

18. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

my 40 dodge ,,finally back to working on it

Attached Files:

19. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

What a sweet looking car, i Love the 40 fronts the best. :D

WHat engine are you running and do you have any more pictures you can share please. :cool:

20. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

hemiken,,thanks,, in one of your postings on 40s mopars,you have a pic of my blue 40...i asked in that topic if you were ever here in the states ?? and were you at the chryslers at carlisle pa event ?? you posted a pic of my 40 dodge that i dont have,i was just wondering where you got that pic ??
    my car has a 1953 dodge red ram 241 hemi,904 trans with lock up convertor,,8 3/4 rear, power windows, rack and pinion, A/C tilt wheel i posted pics on your lets see your 40s mopar topic,,, thanks

21. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I have been to Carlisle in fact buddy.
    Do you need the picture of it, i will have to go through my pictures and find it again. I did see your post on the other thread after i asked for pictures here.......... Sorry about that. Your 40 is a very sweet car. I stayed at my buddies place in Pittsburgh and we drove down to Carlisle for the event one year, i will have to make another trip again too. :D

22. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

ken,,thanks for the reply,,, nope i dotn need a pic but thanks for the offer, ,,, i think its really kool traveling that far to a auto event,,,,maybe next time you come back ill have the 40 back running my goal is this spring to be back on the road,,,,

23. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I will deffinetely keep in touch and let you know when next i visit Carlisle, would love to catch up for a chat and look over your car some more. My favourite car in the world is my 1940 Dodge Coupe, they just have that unique front on them that i love :D

24. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

i my self at first liked the roof and trunk lines,,perfered the 40 plymouth nose,,and for sure the desoto,,,,but have grown to love the 40 dodge,would be great to meet up,,,,

25. cornfield county

cornfield county
    from Indiana

My newest find, a 1941 Dodge convertible. Anyone have any tips on these as far as suspension, steering etc? Probably going to go with a 66 318 polyhead and 727 unless I can talk myself out of it.

[​IMG]

Tried to resize this but can't figure that one out.

26. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

41 vert has to be a rare bird,,,the front suspension on these cars was way ahead of ford and gm at that time,,front shock design is its down fall who knows what they were thinking,,relocate the upper shock mount to the frame,,,there are kits,or make your own mount,,,the rear end would benfit from a rear sway bar,,as well as the front sway bar being to small if you up grade to a V8 there are several kits to convert to front disc brakes,,and fat man fab has a rack and pinion kit for the car as well

all depends on what you want to do,,,and what you expect out of it,,,whats in your wallet,,, nice find,,

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I agree, that is a super rare catch, that would be like collecting teeth from a chicken, you will not find another one in a hurry for sure. Like Fstfish66 said, their is plenty for the suspension like it is to upgrade and ride really nice. Good to see a Mopar engine going in to it too, maybe you could look at the 41 Chrysler front tin and make it like a luxury rod, it would make it look even longer with the front changed, but the Dodge front works too. Awesome score, you are one lucky Son of a Gun.

28. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

I have 40 plymouth coupe putting 392 in all mopar

29. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

very kool lets hear and see some about it please,,:cool:

30. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Great thread-
    I've got a '41 Chrysler Windsor business coupe and a '41 Royal business coupe.
    Bought the Royal as a parts car but when it got here from Texas, I couldn't do it. Body was almost as nice as the Windsor.