Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How many of you grew up riding in the back of a station wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Toe or tow? :D HRP

Just messing with you,I have a problem with desert & dessert,they don't taste the same.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. You were!

3. hendelec

hendelec

We had a 1960 Pontiac Safari wagon that was 3 or 4 old when we got it. Whoever ordered it new must have got all the options available. It had a 389 Tri-Power, 8 lug aluminum wheels, the dark green tinted glass. Power windows, locks and power seat with tan leather interior. From a 25 mph roll punching the gas with the 3 two barrels wailing it would actually break the tires loose! I loved that car but my dad traded it in on a new 1965 Impala SS 396 with a 4 speed, my 5' tall Mom hated driving it so in 1967 we got a Impala SS with a 300 hp 327 and a turbo 400. I sure would love to find a 1960 safari wagon with all those options. Never seen another one like it.

4. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

We had a 64 Ford Country Squire Woodie Wagon. I remember trips to Cape Cod with Gramma and our dog. The dog took off and we found her 3 days later. She found a patio like ours at home and set up camp. Drive in movies all showered up with PJs on. Days at the beach and riding home with the tailgate down and seat facing rear. Throwing out ice cubes from the cooler and the cars behind us thought it was glass and swerving to avoid it. The good old days were when we could cause trouble and just be normal kids not needing therapy or a hand held device.

5. Mdbtyhtr

Mdbtyhtr

We started out in a 63 Ford Country Squire and when my dad sold it to a farmer in 75 and told my folks he intended to cut it up and make a truck out of it, my mom ran in the house and cried for days! Then was a 75 Mercury Montego wagon, then I had a 67 Ford Fairlane wagon, 79 Ford LTD wagon and our last wagon was an 83 Subaru that was so anemic, you had to push the a/c button off to leave a red light!