Register now to get rid of these ads!

" How Many Milk Crate Seat Storys Are Out There.."

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

2. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Another one.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YRFajGGr4EQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Years ago my grandfather was driving home in his 64 Chevy truck. It broke down on the way home. So walked, when he got back later to get it the seat was gone. Got it running and drove it home squatting down. Must of been tough on the 405 in long beach. When he got home he found a newly reupholstered seat in the garage. My father snatched the seat out of it on the side of the road and had it redone for his birthday

4. I don't think I'd be alive, if I pulled a stunt like that. 25 yrs ago, my dad took the back seat out of a 70 Monte Carlo he had. I had to borrow the car, and he didn't want anybody else in the car. He knew me well, an I feel sorry for those guys who rode back there, hot as a mofo sitting right above the mufflers.

5. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

three

6. Model T1

Model T1

Hell I've got more than three of my own! More like three thousand!:D Thirty three thousand !?????

7. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

When I was a kid, my mom kept books for an outfit in Bath, NY that built school bus chassis, and then the bodies were built and installed by another outfit, IIRC, in Rochester. They had little bolt-on plywood platforms made up with a Bostrum seat, seat belt, and a GeezerGlide windshield in front of the steering column, and they drove the bare chassis to Rochester that way. Was pretty hilarious in the winter seeing the guys go up Rt 15 driving in snowmobile suits :(

Best one I know of, in '77, when guys were still driving and thrashing original Cobras, my buddies moved their Cobra shop from Concord to Vallejo. Had most of the customer's cars moved, but one, a particularly fast 427 Cobra with a stroker medium riser in it, affectionately known as "the red car', was partially put back together after some work, but the new fuel tank wasn't done, and they had no trailer and had to be out of the old shop by Monday- so they talk my buddy's cousin Mikey into riding in the passenger seat with a funnel stuck in a rubber gas line between his knees, and a 5 gal can of gas, pouring the gas into the funnel. He thought it was funny at first, but the guy driving was a bit of a crazy critter with a twisted sense of humor, so he's having great fun rapping the gas going up 680 and 780 to Vallejo as Mikey tried to hit the funnel. By the time they got there, he had gas-soaked huevos and was very unhappy- but they did make it. Absolutely true story. For you old-time Vallejo folks, the Cobra shop was right next to the old T.P. Harley shop, just west of the Popcorn Tavern between Broadway and Sonoma. At one point, there were 7 427 Cobras (two with Cammers in them), 5 289's, two Panteras, a Mangusta, a race GT40, a 63-1/2 lightweight 427 Galaxie, and a '57 Fuelie Corvette that the owner of "the red car" bought to drive to Shelby Club events as a joke, all in there at once

8. That made me laugh.. Thanks!

9. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

When I got this Model A running (back in the 60s)I drove it around town with a wooden orange crate as a seat.

[​IMG]

10. chopped

chopped

I was using a drywall mud bucket this morning, just around the yard.

11. Old Dude

Old Dude

The best Milk Carton I can tell happened in 1976 . I found a '37 Packard two door sitting in a old garage, hadn't been started in years. Well my Wife & Brother in law went with me to pick it up, and when they saw it they said I was nuts, for paying $1500.00 for it. It wasn't running when I went to pick up. It had no roof, floors, or windows in it. After about two hours of working to get it to started, I took off on about 6 mile jaunt. It would not have been so bad, except I ran into a rain storm. I couldn't get the Wipers too work. LOL Never even had any glass. I have pictures somewhere, but where I don't know. What they didn't know, the body was in excellent shape. I took Interior out of a wrecked '64 Pont. Lemans conv. Fit like a glove. Made the floors for it, and had Wilmington Glass in Ohio, cut the glass for it. Sold it 6 weeks later, and made out pretty good on it.
    It was a the first thirties car I had messed with. Most cars I had were from 50, 60's & '70"s.

12. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

I used to post all the time on another forum, and a guy posted a picture of his car with a beach chair for the drivers set. First response was "at least you have a cupholder now"

13. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

My 69 y.o. Dad drove his 50 F-1 around the block last week, neighbor's were looking at him like he is "Nuts". My Dad is too cool!

Note: His makeshift "gas tank" above the engine, it is a VW winshield washer reservoir.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  14. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

my first car I was doing some work on it and wanted to go pick up my girlfriend for some damn reason. so went to here house riding on a milk crate , not too far from my house . leaving her place a dude ran the stop light and took off my front end . I wish I wasnt in a milk crate seat for that one... probably never do it again either...

15. Damn, that doesn't sound like it was fun at all! Tits & tires and the adventures that ensue!

16. mynode

mynode

I had a 240Z with Recaro seats. It was stolen and all they took were the seats. They left the otherwise undamaged car parked on a street in a residential neighborhood. When I went to pick it up at the impound yard I found it had been reupholstered in genuine milk crate. The officer who met me there cautioned my about the seat and I got in and drove it home.

17. historynw

historynw

Bwah, ain't that right....damn near sh-t my pants when the just finish cars brake pedal went to the floor.:eek:

18. yellowbeard

yellowbeard

bought a 71 Datsun pickup with no seat. went into the house and got my bean bag chair an put in it. Drove it that way for a year or more. very comfortable and very adjustable. Also could pull it out for a place to sit at a party.

19. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

I loaded my car on the trailer using the milk crate bucket seat and it was scary.

20. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

I used a chunk of 6x6!

21. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Our old peoples community had a small show last year and to get the car count up I drove my no interior whatsoever car to it using a non traditional (plastic over wire) milk crate. The old ladies though it was great and it is still remembered. This year the tuck and roll is finished and it won't get a second look.

22. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

It is the Hokey Ass Message Board, it was appropriately named from the beginning.