Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many members are "Car Less?"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Trichop

Trichop
    from Eaton,Ohio

I often wondered how many members on the H.A.M.B have had cars in the past..but now have None?

GUILTY!

I keep looking at the Ads every day...but...still no car....
    At 65, I need something closer to being finished
    The last two cars I bought, didn't work out
    I got the 26 T coupe running and sold to a restorer
    Then the 27 T roadster (1951 Bonneville car) went back to the Hamke family

2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm the opposite--have too many to try to keep up and another in the works--at 70, probably my last one but said that 5 cars ago.

3. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I'm in that group right now sadly. Too much life getting the way for the last few years. Once the dust settles from the divorce, I can take stock and see what I have to work with. It won't be this year, but I'm optimistic for next year to finally get a HAMB friendly ride.

4. pdc

pdc

Hi, my name is Paul and I haven't had a car for awhile now.

5. I have a couple of cars but no transportation. Does that count?

6. txturbo

txturbo

Sounds like the introduction line for OCD Anonymous..

7. I have a a hot rod of some form most of my life,,13 years ago I sold my 32 sedan to help my Mom & Dad with medical bills and was with a hot rod for 3 years,,I really started loosing interest,.

Getting the mordor on the road was a big plus,,then the roadster and the 32 pickup and finally the wagon,,

I may sell something but you can bet your sweat arse I am at the age where I don't want to do without a hot rod. HRP

8. specialk

specialk

Sold my '62 PU 3 years ago, all I have to drive now is a m'cycle. Keep looking for the right truck or car, but I actually want something crappier than most people seem to be selling :)

9. Since moving to Colorado a year ago I sold/gave away most of my model A stuff. I've been focusing on my 4wd, but still looking for the next project.

Lots of old tin out here without all the rust I was used to in the midwest!

10. Yes we are without a H.A.M.B. friendly one right now But we did inherit my Dads 76 Silverado for a new shop truck to drive the back roads to find us a Keeper ;)

11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interestingly there seems to be quiet a few guys my age that are now looking for a nicely done car. They want to drive now and not go thru the build process again.

12. for a short period of time in the early 90s i did not have a running hot rod....otherwise i have always had something since getting my first Model A Ford around 1970

13. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I have a project but nothing driveable. I went from having almost too many old cars, to not having one that I can drive.

14. Haven't had a "car" since 1985, :eek:,,,Dailys are old, but OT here, furrin' PU and small van. Got a couple old medium size trucks, "47 & '57.,,,,and a Harley & Guzzi.
    Been looking for a traditional vintage driver for reasonable $$$, don't have enough time left for a project,,,I'm old & slow,,,:(

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  15. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Me.

I've had a string of cars since my youth but as my kids got older my cars got less valuable as the bills mounted until I divested my portfolio of autos about 5 years ago. Two years ago I was diagnosed with liver cancer but a live transplant from my daughter saved my life.

I guess selling the cars for the girls turned out to be a pretty good investment.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Haha! 6 and not ONE of them done!:eek: I need to get a grip...:rolleyes: or at least draw the line at seven...:eek:

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

how do you get groceries?

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I do have a 65 chevelle more door may or maynot be hamb friendly but it has not been on the road for some time now. I spend most all of my time working on other peoples cars. I sent of an app. to the search and restore guys but no answer(damn it).
    So the plan is I have a birthday coming up maybe I can get a day in on it maybe get one or two more header tubes built.
    So I dont know where that counts ?

19. Just sold my "driver" a couple of weeks ago. I'm down to 2 projects, a '41 Chev & a '57 Chev. Guess it could be worse...

20. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

I am not "officially" in this group but by the looks of it and my title issues at the moment. I may be the spokesperson for this mofo...I'm a sad girl... :(

21. I'll be in the near future. I need my 58 gone.

22. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

"Technically" the aggravating pile of shit that's dripping oil on the driveway right now is a car... but I consider myself halfway car-less.

23. teejay99

teejay99

The daily driver is a very nice '01 Olds Aurora , but I haven't had interesting wheels for several years ....economy in the crapper dictated that . If all goes according to plan , I should be able to get a mid 50's Ford F100 by this time next year . Here's hoping .

T

24. Truckedup

Truckedup

I haven't owned a car in 25 years,only trucks,newer and older. But now I have only 4x4 Jeeps,. And no Jeeps allowed on the HAMB :D

25. Im guilty of being car-less.......... for now. I had a 61 Comet when i joined the HAMB but got rid of it a while back. Im still looking for a new project with a couple options up in the air.

26. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Sold both my cars last fall. Looking for 40 Ford coupe I've always wanted, probably should have kept one.

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have been without regular "daily drivers" more than once. never been without something old

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

x2.

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Haa! Rank amateur. Thats what the wifes car is for!:D

30. manyolcars

manyolcars

I HAVE heard of wives. mostly bad things, not worth putting up with them and their modern car