Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many massacusetts rodders are here??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'skool29, May 15, 2006.

1. improbcat

improbcat

I'm in CT, but spend a lot of time in Western MA & Boston.

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

hey, i already announced myself and told you all that you should be thrilled with my genuine new england hospitable attitude!:rolleyes:

dont you wish you all could live here. i really am this nice to everyone...

richie, any chance you'll show your face at one of these events this summer? i'm laying low for the most part, to work on the coupe, but i will hit a few good ones, like tyrods, gathering of the faithful.

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that is funny. i was 'enrolled' at west bridgewater high, i even went everyday. but i couldn't get through there. there was this particular english teacher...

my father in law would say,"it's there roller coaster, just ride it to the end."

but i couldn't, so i found another way...

4. glassguy

glassguy

downtown peebidy!!! :mad: hooray for me and the fuckin submersible pump i rode in on!!

Attached Files:

5. Miles

Miles
    from Western MA

Count me in. Moved to Southern Berkshire County from SoCal one week before 9/11.

Cruzer, you ARE out in the middle of nowhere!! :) (have we met? Do you have a merc? I drive a black shoebox ford).

Dave- Hope you and your family are o.k. thought of you when i heard about how hard Peabody got hit.

6. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

sheesh dave, hope everybody is okay.

7. I'll be around.....I live within walking distance (well motorcycle pushing distance really) of the Museum of Transportation in Brookline these days so I am planning to hit some of the stuff that goes on there.
    ou know, just for something different

Get in touch if I can help on the coupe in any way!

Dave! Jeesh, hope everything's OK.
    I'm trying to come up with a joke about a bar I used to play at in Peabody.....but saying anything about the "Down Under" might not be a good idea huh?

8. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Hey Mark,how is your coupe coming out,I hope everything is going well.

9. VespaJay

VespaJay

I'm the mayor of Shrewsbury. Or at least my little corner of it.

10. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Is your avatar Secret Squirels' friend Morroco Mole?

11. junk-junkie

junk-junkie
    from Arvada CO

Acton MA for the last 2 years, and at least until my better half is done with grad school. Then probably off to more affordable pastures. (grew up in NH, then CO for 12yrs)

BTW, can anyone recommend a transmission shop? I have a cooked AOD.

12. VespaJay

VespaJay

Heh heh, yep.

13. DONZI

DONZI

I'm a lifelong Mass. boy also. Born in Brockton, been in Bridgewater for the last 20 yrs.. Newbie on here. Still in the parts accumulation stage of project 37 Topolino.

14. Jay!
    Long time no see!
    When's the next Bellmondo's (sp?) gig?!?!?

Hey Donzi....ever fun into a guy in Bridgewater in a white 61 Chevy wagon with Cragars?

15. Hey Dave;glad to see you're still kickin'. Funny my wife thinks I'm saying,"puberty" when I pronounce it!Damn Midwesterners;don't know how to talk good!

I was talking to Justin(my son)the other day and he said Tewksbury is just as bad.He works at the NAPA warehouse in Wilmington and he's been having all kinds of trouble getting to work.His group used to practice in a place just off Peabody Square and it used to flood there occasionally.I remember dragging his Toyota Celica out of the water a couple of times.

I was talking to my cousin who lives in the house I grew up in in Saugus and she said half the town is flooded especially down near the marsh.

We've had rain constantly out here for about a week but nothing THAT drastic.Hope everyone survives OK. Talked to Donnie C the other day too.

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

things are groovy now that school is out. college can give an old guy a workin' over.

coupe should make some progress this summer. i scored some parts recently, like a couple y-block to 39 trans adapters, and a 27t rear spring with reversed eyes, and a 37 rear end, and an a frame with a nice little kick in the back end, that you haven't seen yet. i need to get some spring perches for the rear, reverse the eye on the front spring, and see about a tardel center member. i do need to sell the comet first though. gotta get the generator rebuilt for that next, so that it is mobile and sellable. anyway, that's things in a nutshell.

17. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

my aunt owned a restaraunt in leominister called "take a bite", but she is not a hamber. has anyone been in there when it was there? pm me

18. DONZI

DONZI

Richie,
    No i haven't, but i'll keep an eye out for it and say hello if i do.:)

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

bridgewater huh? i grew up in west bridgewater and moved to easton when i got married in '89. been local all my life. well, except when i lived in sunny morris, il for a few years.

when i moved back home, i couldnt even find a new house. i ended up in the same house in easton that i lived in when i first got married. there must be a magent around here somewhere...

20. CruZer

CruZer

Hey Vic. Nice to meetcha. Do you ever get back up here? There is a lot more old car activity in Berkshire County now than in 1967.I grew up in North Adams,so cruising North St. in Pitts was a big deal.
    the road up October Mt. has gotten so bad that you can't do much over 45 on it anymore. Boy,those were the days,huh? Racing across that flat on top of the mountain?? Our own private dragstrip and no one around to bug us.

21. CruZer

CruZer

I don't think we've met. I have a '34 Ford primered 3 window coupe(Wish I had a Merc,like Dave's ) and I don't get to shows out your way much.
    Were you at Dennis's open house last year? Maybe we met there.

22. glassguy

glassguy

hey guys.. me and mine are fine. the water is almost gone.. my shop wasnt damaged the wter came a few feet from my door . only problem is there was no way to get here without out a boat!! im very lucky.. lost a weeks worth of biusness but it coulda been a lot worse..

23. CruZer

CruZer

That's great to hear,Dave. You'll be back at it in no time. Those pictures you posted were pretty scary.

24. CruZer

CruZer

Miles, now I remember. We met at the nostalgia Drags at Lebanon Valley last year. Glenn

25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

26. Burny

Burny

27. THECHICK

THECHICK

Dave if you guys need anything (or place to put stuff) JUst givbe Lebnny a call at the shop.

One of our own wasnt so lucky- Mike Robinson from the Dracut Roadrunners lost EVERYTHING in his home (he live by the Merrimack River in Lowell) and has no insurance for the contents...:( I spoke with him yesterday and he told me Clean Harbors was outside his house taking FISH out of the lot across the street. Apparently the water got up to about 8ft in his house.

So... if you (or anyone else out there) want to help him outfit a house to live in again with stuff- give me a yell- he needs everything. We are gonna try to get him some furniture this weekend.SUCKS

28. glassguy

glassguy

hey dana thanks for the offer.. im pretty much situated now, im sorry to hear about your friend though. anything extra i had was in my cellar so its junk now, but ill keep my eyes peeled. dave

29. Miles

Miles
    from Western MA

Good memory. Hope to see you around this season. (if it ever stops raining!)

30. Miles

Miles
    from Western MA

Glad to hear it