Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many iowa hambers on here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 31, 2009.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

the show is sunday the 3rd !

2. The show sunday isnt the 4th street deal, this is just their spring show. I think 4th street is memorial weekend, with the deal at the cattle congress on friday night. Are you goin just to walk around or to be in the show? If its not raining the wag might venture out but not for the show, just to cruise over. I would be down for a hangout at the shop. I would really like to see you toy, bet its looking good. I still have you number, may to try to look you up sunday, what time you coming up?

Brad

3. 27T

27T

you can show the wagon!!! just park next to my '54, it will make yours look better sitting next to my POS:)

4. Yeah right, I thought your 54 was tits when I first saw it in Jesup a couple years back. Are you gonna show yours? What time do you have to be there and where the hell did it move to? I get lost easy. BTW, what class would we be in, to damn cool?

Brad

5. 27T

27T

6. 27T

27T

POWDER PUFF or PRO STREET class I think?:)

7. So you never said, are you in the show or just lurking? I still have my low gears in but it made it to CF before, My dad might be bringing his Fairlane, but I dont know if he even has it out yet.

Brad

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

weather permitting i will be at the show , trucks not done yet so i will be driving my red 66 mustang gt fastback ! give me a ring if ya make it down !

9. Hal_396

Hal_396

I'll be there with my chopped 55 weather permitting. Look me up guys I'll be glad to introduce myself.

10. WILLIEJP1969

WILLIEJP1969
    from Iowa

Checking in from Grinnell

11. 27T

27T

I want to, but I dont know if I will have some one to watch my 6month old son, he probably wouldnt have much fun there all day....

if I go my friend is bringing his '59 Edsel(if we can get it to run)

I dont care what class we would be in as long as we could park together...

12. At least if we parked by each other, and got a door ding, we would know who to blame! Ill send you my cell number before saturday, I have to do a little fine tuning but should be able to roll that way. Im still packing my green hood so nobody should be able to miss me. I need to get it adjusted right before blasting and paint so it goes back on easy. Any volunteers, I can bring wrenches!

Brad

13. Here's the car I had in mind....It's been a good long time since I've actually eye-balled it.....This is a scan from a show in Decatur in the early '90's....C9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

22nd Marshalltown Street Rods car show May 16 at Riverview Park on North side of Marshalltown. 31 awards. Info call Dave Miller 641 753 3031 or Bob Lowe 515 382 4477 I'm donating 50 louvers. jw

15. So what time are you guys goin to Waterloo on Sunday. Im thinking I can be there around noon. Should we try to meet up somewhere?

Brad

16. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

bttt

17. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

will be there ! any other hambers that wana come up ? could have a little shendig at my shop afterwards or a local watering hole ?

18. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

bttt

19. I'm a native, grew up on a farm outside Sioux City and went to Lawton-Bronson HS. Went to college in Iowa City. Also used to race at Thunder Valley in Marion SD.

20. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

des moines here may also be found sully/pella area

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Dad grew up on a farm near Burlington and I was born in raised in Iowa City. Dad and Sis' both went to U of I.

Iowa is full of great people and I hope to get back there soon. I miss the tenderloins too!!!!!!!

22. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

West and South of Des Moines a ways out on the farm.

23. PoPo

PoPo

Scooter man o man what I would do to get out to Cali and you want to come back to IA. maybe we can change places for a few days lol..jk

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only to VISIT! ;):D No, but seriously. I love the midwest. Don't get me wrong, Cali RULES, but every place has it's drawbacks.

I'll tell you one thing I DON'T miss... TORNADOS! I'll take these earthquakes over tornados any day! Funnel clouds scare the hell out me. My grandfather lost too many buildings on his farm because of tornados. The amazing thing was, he never lost the building that had the 1941 Studebaker in it. It's like it was protected, or something! :D

25. PoPo

PoPo

The gods dont allow Studes to be sucked away man. You know this! Tornados scare you? I AM SCARED OF WILD FIRES....... someone get the water and a ruck sack so we can fight it.

26. carmak

carmak

Speaking of Studes did you know the Studebaker national convension is in Cedar Rapids July 12-18! I think most of the action will be out at Hawkeye downs with a drag day at Tri-State (I think).

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

27. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

From La Porte City here. The good people of the Iowa DOT were good enough to issue me a title and plates for my new ride this week.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      70.2 KB
      Views:
  28. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I JUST heard this, actually! My Uncle has since taken over that Stude President and done a damn fine job bringing it back to life. It's virtually all original. Just pretty much cleaned it up. I'm guessing he will be there with it. Hopefully someone goes and posts pictures.

29. scrape53

scrape53
    from iowa

just moved from central iowa to north central(ringsted). any one on here from up here.

30. teisco

teisco

Cedar Rapids here, the town where nothing happens