Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many iowa hambers on here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 31, 2009.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

just curious as to how many members are from iowa , close to myself ? i am from central iowa about 60 miles north east from des moines , i think i have met a few of you before ! just curious look forward to meeting a few of you , maybee at goodguys heartland nationals this summer ! think there are a few of you in the same town as me , anyways thanks , brock !

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Im still wrenchin on the wagon in Independence, try to meet up with you this summer, my gas tank is almost ready and I got some grandma gears so maybe I can get a few more miles from home this year.

Brad

3. 63dan63

63dan63

I am originaly from Sioux City. I now live in Keller, TX.

I have a 1931 Model A sedan body, currently at my dad's place just north of Sioux City. I need it transported to Texas. If you know of some one with an empty pickup headed south in the near future, I can pay their gas money for the trip down.

I'll be at the Big 12 Tournament in mid March. We can do a handoff there. If that works.

Thanks,

4. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

That makes 2 from Iowa. How many from S.Dakota?

5. garcoal

garcoal

here in des mones 66 thunderbird 91 jag xjs convertible and few little hondas

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

There's some guys in Pella.......but they may not have seen this post....

CB

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

5 miles south of the border.....close!!!! ;)

and, hiya brucie!!!!

8. buster6972

buster6972
    from Florida

Hey dirtbag I'm from Grundy Center. I saw your rod last summer at the new meeting place for the marshalltown club.

9. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Here in Waterloo/Cedar Falls wrenchin on my '29 A,and might get lucky enough to drive it this summer by the D.M Good Guys show. See ya there?

10. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

ya i get around alot , hoping to meet a few of you , do quite a bit of traveling to various shows , good guys des moines, tiki eyeball cedar rapids , bologna nats pella , cruise to the woods ft.dodge , 4th st cruise waterloo . and am in des moines alot for the cruise inns at porkys , and the other hangouts ! hope to meet some new people and if theres any good shows let me know , thanks brock!

11. carzguy

carzguy
    from Iowa

Des Moines here-well OK not actually Des Moines--but you know--kinda close !!!

12. No Plan

No Plan

Oskaloosa here--- it was 50 degrees(!) here today so Crazy legs, and Rare 37 came over and we sheet rocked 1/3 of the ceiling in my new garage! I think we put up 26 sheets! Will work on it again tomorrow, if I can get out of bed. Thanks guys for the help, I REALLY appreciate it!!

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Cedar Rapids here! It was shorts weather today (above freezing)!

14. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Hi, Todd...glad you're getting some beauty sleep at this hour....you need it!!

Love you, man....

CB

15. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in between West Branch and Iowa City

16. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Visit my shop in Green Mountain ( 7 miles NE of Marshalltown ) sometime if you want to. I have a 37 tudor interior going now and a 40 tudor standard resto rod under construction. Best to call ahead.

17. rjgideon

rjgideon

I'm in Winterset, 25 miles SW of Des Moines.

18. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

I was from brooklyn, til about 2 weeks ago, had to scoot to arizona though, i couldnt take it anymore. lol

19. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Yah 4th Street Cruise is still one of my favorites! It is only a couple of miles from my house-just in case my ride brakes down it's a short walk! You have any dates for these other shows you spoke of?

20. Tdesoto276

Tdesoto276
    from Des Moines

Des Moines checking in

21. Hiawatha (Cedar Rapids) here. Hey Dirtbag....is that place that serves "mile high pie" still open in downtown Marshalltown?

22. orange52

orange52

Urbandale here. Might as well say Des Moines, its all like one oversized small town.

23. PoPo

PoPo

DAVENPORT in the house!! This year I'll see all of you guys!!! ROAD TRIPS!

We need an IOWA HAMB party this year that will make the CA guys puke when they see how much fun we have in the midwest.

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I was born and raised in Denison...then raised automobile hell around there until 1964...and wrote two books about it (see below)...now live in Denver, CO...

R-

25. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Here in Pella...check in if you're in the area...or see you at the Bologna Nat's.

26. As you might already know I'm in the big (Des Moines). When are the dates for these shows???

27. chubbie

chubbie

Orange City, that's Northwest Iowa!

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

agreed a little get together would be cool maybee we can come up with sompthing this spring -summer ! as far as the shows i listed i believe these dates are right but dont hold me to it i havent got my show schedule yet this year ! goodguys 4th july weekend , jully 11th bologna nats , memorial day weekend 4th st cruise , not sure on the tiki eyeball show i came across it last year by word of mouth from the promoter & rumor had it his buisness shop was lost to the flooding this summer so i don't know ! i also look forward to meeting some out of state hambers as i also go to back to the fifties , good guys kansas city , the hot rod power tour ,hunnert car pileup , thanks brock and hopefully boneville this year . if any one knoes of any other good iowa shows hit me up , my friends and i are always down for a good road trip ! as far as the weather comments i hear you guys if the roadster pickup was together i'd be tempted to get it out , this weekend feels like a heat wave being above 30 compared to all the -0 to 10 % degree temps we have been stuck with !

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  29. 27T

27T

I think the best local show is the night before the 4th st cruise at Cattle Congress, the Black County St Machines show down town is decent to...

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus