Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many hambers ride MOTORCYCLES

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Haney, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My little mule almost finished.. I keep changing it.

[​IMG]

2. tommy v

tommy v

3. Last one:

[​IMG]

Current one:

[​IMG]

4. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Vintage MX on the blue Bultaco Pursang. Also have a Bultaco Metralla, Sherpa T, Sherpa S, Matador SD, and an Alpina. I've owned the BMW rig 33 years. Restoring a 1911 Excelsior twin 6 HP. bobs your uncle jw

Attached Files:

5. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I ride:
    67 shovel
    55 panhead
    WCC bike
    2000 dyna

have some pics on my profile here

6. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

7. modelAfan

modelAfan

67 trump

Attached Files:

8. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I've been riding dirt bikes since '69, had several street bikes, all sportbikes. Wish I still had one...

9. my 1955 FL turned into a 63 GMC truck compliments a HAMBer and a whole lotta driving!!

still got a Shadow 1100
    and a Dyna Wide:cool:

Do a little riding with a bunch of Nam Vets at the Sturgis Motor Ralley:D

10. It's in my family blood.
    [​IMG]

11. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

I've been ridin 55yrs. My first "scooter" was a junked '49 Cushman Pacemaker, which my dad narrowed and shortened a Buick hood for a body, and ran Maytag flexpipe out the back for the exhaust. They had a two speed tranny with the shifter on the right side, just below the seat. I've owned a '56 Cushman Eagle, 4-Beamers, 6-Hondas, and 11 Harleys. I currently ride an '04 "Screamin Eagle 95", with 25K mi. on it., that my ridin' buddies, who are 25yrs younger hate, because "Gramps" bike hurts their ears and kicks their rears.

When Roy Rogers was makin' cowboy movies, he raced motorcyles and speed boats. He rode his '46 Hog every morning for an hour, until he hung up his helmit at age 75. His son Dusty, told hime one day, that he was going to kill himself and ruin his legacy, to which Roy responded, Well, if I do, that will be your problem, won't it."

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  12. Slonaker

Slonaker

I have had a couple of Japanese bikes years ago. Nothing of interest to HAMBers.

I do have my Dad's '71 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador that he bought new (I grew up riding on the back of it...) and his '58 Tiger Cub. Neither are running, though. The coupe is my first priority, and I'm not really making signifficant progress on it. :(

Here's a pic of him on his first bike:

[​IMG]

Slonaker

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

This is the last scooter I built I have given up on being scooter trash for now.

Attached Files:

14. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

this is going together now...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. lolife

lolife

I quit riding in 1975 (Yamaha). I was into two-stroke dirt bikes since about age 13. I was fearless, and figured my helmet and knee-pads would protect me from any body damage. I made it 10 years before I finally broke every bone in my body, which is why I walk funny now...

Motor bikes are like cocaine, they get you hooked, and then they kill you (or at least try). I don't go to bikers anonymous meetings anymore though, having made it through all 12 steps...

16. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

period machine...the old springer front fender on the rear is a cool trick.
    that is one fine M/C ! ! 65 pan to boot ! ! WOW

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

I'm a rider with 4 bikes. 2 Harley's, a custom ground up, and a Knuckle roller waitin' in the wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I'd disagree, some of the 4 cylinder jap stuff gets a look in (cafe racers especially), I've also noticed that the Yam XS motors are well liked there too. Must admit that I've got a couple of bikes but the Hamb is worlds apart from the Jockey Journal and I'd much rather put my slippers on,have a cup of tea and check this place out
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  19. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

thank you for the kind words. the fender is actually a hinge rear. just narrowed it about 1 1/4. here is a before and after.. seret did the handy work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Yeah,people consider them investments. Kinda like a trophy bride.You got a lot in them but you still gotta ride em!:D
    [​IMG]

That's me before doing a few laps around Daytona.

21. skwurl

skwurl

I do I do! The guys complaining about this thread prolly got thier girl stole from em by a biker! On behalf of the entire biker community, SORRY! We're just that cool though. By my bike HANEY!

22. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Skwurl......I was stolen by a biker Chick ! ! ! Still with her today ! !

Oh Jesus dig this ironhead ! ! that springer puts it in orbit ! ! any better pics ? post or PM me with them. Like that single downtube frame, that crazy primary cover....Wow ! !
    [​IMG]

23. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I ride a 2003 Buell Firebolt as my daily ride. In the process of building a 1972 CB750 Cafe racer from a pile of parts I found cheap. Highly considering a 58-60 Vespa project as well just for a bomb around town like a dork ride.

24. My hotrod/ tourer Suzuki GS

suziflame.jpg

Suzi-at-night2.jpg

Suzi-at-night3.jpg

My Goldwing being reworked a bit.

Kilroy7.jpg

Attached Files:

25. skwurl

skwurl

That looks kinda like a UL frontend. Yes I dig it. Haney your bikes rock too. You need a Skwurl's hand tooled seat!

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I've been wanting a bike again forever. Had one in colllege and loved it. But, the wife hit a biker when she was 18 and the guy lost his leg. So... now you know why I don't have a bike.

27. varodder

varodder

Been riding for 37 years Brit bikes and Sportsters. Just sold a BSA Thunderbolt and picked up another Sportster. First bike with a 5 speed.....been looking for that extra gear a long time:D.

28. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

They make 5 speeds:eek: no way.. next youll be telling Me that they have sixspeeds too!

aint those extra gears great:D wish My sporty had a 5th..ha! but I'll stick with the 4speed and mag on that and use the roadking for the highways:cool:

29. Just sold my Harley this week,
    Guess I like the "Hot Rods" and "Fancy chicks" thing now :D:D:D:D

30. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.