Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many hambers ride MOTORCYCLES

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Haney, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fms427

fms427

Currently only have a Harley and a KLR , but usually have a few old Brit bikes too !:D

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

got 2 brittish clunkers a 81 HD shovelhead a yamaha racer and a BMW and the unfished vw trike

3. JasonK

JasonK

I ride a yamaha.

4. 55X150

55X150

A 92 Fatboy with a 96" S&S motor and an 03 Electraglide Standard with 95" kit

Attached Files:

5. GuyW

GuyW

34 yrs riding.

Current bikes:

'78 FXE
    '44 Indian Scout
    '73 Moto Guzzi

...its all about 2-wheeled hot rods and 4-wheeled motorcycles...

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

Cool, I want the Enfield tank.

7. 2Loose

2Loose

We packed all the original Sturgis stuff away, it can go back to original later on. I put a bunch of old parts on it that I had laying around. The number was either 454 (my favorite Chevy motor) or 455 (my favorite Olds and Buick motors). My memories not as good as it used to be, but I'm pretty sure it was #454/1600 on the number plate.

I live in Hawaii, a bunch of us shipped our bikes to SF and rode to Sturgis in '93, I have a photo of my bike and a dozen other Sturgis models all parked together in front of the faces at Mt. Rushmore, can't find it though....

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I ride. Had a Heritage softail for 9 years. Rode from SC to California and back in 07'. Just under 8,000 miles in 16 days. A broken wrist pin, 5 quarts of oil on the last day and a $2000 rebuild when I got back. I sold it. Bought a Honda ST1300 and haven't looked back since. Miss the american iron but not the heart aches or backaches. Ride on.

9. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

That's really cool-I am trying to locate them all-I have #3-

Attached Files:

10. 2Loose

2Loose

I was out riding my '59 pan one day in '91 and this gomer out on his brand new Sturgis dropped it and skidded it quite a ways on the left side. Turned out it was his first bike and his first day out on it! I hauled him to the hospital and my buddy got his truck and hauled the bike to the guys house for him. The guy was totally freaqed out and didn't want the bike anymore, so he sold me the bike for half what he paid and I fixed it up back to original, cherried it out. Then started swapping parts on it, wide glide, dual disk brakes front, bigger older tank, etc, but it can go back to cherry '91 Sturgis at any time. I was glad to have the bigger front tire and bigger brakes many times on the mainland trip!!!

11. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

Great story, and if you find the Pic's of Sturgis please send them to me (I don't know if you wil be able to post them)-if you have a pic of your Bike let us see it!

12. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Hey as long as we're off topic, let's touch on the mountain goats of motorcycles. Trials bikes. I've sold off the street and dirt bikes but have a hunger for something different and slow paced.

Next one's a trials bike. The hopping and balancing kind. And if the neighbors laugh when I fall down practicing in the yard I'm riding over their fucking cars, deck, and roof. Maybe their dog too if he's big and sturdy.

13. Diavolo

Diavolo

I have 3. A vintage track bike, a Blackbird and a Monster... Many many many miles on the first two, the third is a new toy since I retired the Blackbird after she got to 50K. One of the projects is to get the frame and swingarm powdercoated since there are shiny spots that have worn thru and she needs a new seat. Otherwise, she's still spot on. The vintage is for bike racing only, but is still purty. Here they are, but I can't find the GPZ550 pics, (had to rebuild my pc, mighta lost em and I'm too lazy to shoot more).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bet you can guess my 52 ford will be painted black, huh?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  14. hodges

hodges
    from Indiana

1980 fxr

Attached Files:

15. Bought one of these last week. In my 42 years of riding and over 75 bikes I can honestly say this is one of the most fun i have ever had - and that includes a Ducati 996SP, Buells, Honda XX and RC51, Dressers, you name it. It's just a plain smile generator. Have a 2008 KLR650E for sale!
    [​IMG]

16. Hey there Mr. Haney,
    I've ridden 30 years or so. Had a Mustang and later a Honda way back when. Ran through a couple of BMW's and now have a '37 Harley UL. Bought this bike about nine years ago as a "chopper" (POS) but later took it back original. More fun than I could have imagined. Just like an old car - you become some minor celebrity on the thing!
    And where did ya get that great "girlie" pic (post #82)? I'd like to get a blowup for the shop!

17. I got my first bike when at the age of 12 a 250 bsa gold star had 13 bikes over the years BSA 250,500 flash and 650 rocket,Matchless and AJS's 500,550, and 600cc Harleys 45's 74 flathead, 74 pans, now have a 750 Norton and a 1947 el 61 Knuckle

18. [​IMG]

Wash me. Please.

19. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

20. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

check out my great grandma Jewel photo taken in 1925 [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. 2Loose

2Loose

Found this one, taken in I think '92 right after I cherried it out, taken at the Kona dragstrip (abandoned airstrip).
    [​IMG]
    Also a shot of my '61 pan on my first mainland cross country trip, in '75, across Canada and back through the midwest. 10,000 miles on it that summer, no mechanical problems. Had to carry extra gas across Canada though, only 2 gallons in that tank....
    [​IMG]
    It still looks like that, haven't changed it....

22. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

my boys RA and JD on 69 Electraglide....bike gone boys now are 13 and 17 [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• boys.jpg
      boys.jpg
      File size:
      52.9 KB
      Views:
  23. -Brent-

-Brent-

Why are you counting? And yes... I ride... or rode... sold my bike since I didn't take it with me when I moved.

24. pacemaker

pacemaker

72 bmw r75/5

Attached Files:

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

In a former life... Yamaha 80cc trail bike, Yamaha 350 Enduro, Yamaha FZ700 and Kawasaki Concours. Gary

26. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Thunder Mountain Derango Chopper here and a Softtail Delux

27. Glen

Glen

The two long bikes are mine and the sportbike belongs to the wife. The gold bike went to France last year and the shovelhead is for sale right now and looks like it is going to Washington.

Attached Files:

28. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

[​IMG]
    more ?

Attached Files:

29. Greasy64

Greasy64

Yes, Thanks Ryan for lettin' this one ride just to find out more about fellow HAMBers.
    I enjoy riding my '50 Panhead and it looks alot of others ride here too.

I'm also on Jockeyjournal

30. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

I am often torn between the two. cant decide which one i could give up if i had to chose. plus like the cool pics posted here from hot rod / bikers.
    American Culture coolness
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.