Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many from IOWA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevydave1965, Jan 26, 2011.

1. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

We live in Illinios but I drive ready mix truck in Iowa and live 2 blocks from the Mississippi. And I too can see Iowa from my house.

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Bettendorf IA

and since there is no mention of a HAMB meet and greet at Torque Fest......
    perhaps someone on this list could make a location and time available for the meet and greet?

April 29- 30, 2011

Vintage Torque Fest

RAIN or Shine

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm from Iowa... I was born and raised in Iowa City. Lived there until '92 or so. My parents are from Wapello, Family in Muscatine area, Riverside, and Coralville.

4. bob cutler

bob cutler

Washington Ia, i grew up around the columbus junction area

5. jtrammell

jtrammell

keokuk Ia. ther until 78 been in the south ever since. So Ya'll can have that snow!!

6. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I encourage everyone to attend. I've gone both years and had a blast, even in the rain! Free food and drinks and Brock serves the best pork sandwich that I have ever had!

7. Warshington! I was just stranded there last Tuesday night, in the blizzard. Couldn't get out of the motel parking lot until 2pm.

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I believe the population sign was the number and one grouch.....Did you know a little blond guy name Jeff, nickname Step cause of a short leg?

9. All my family's from Ames. Dad dragged at he old Ames strip through the 50's. I practically grew up there, love it.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I can see keokuk from my porch!

11. The town with that sign is Readlyn.

12. bob cutler

bob cutler

Hey Breeder ya say you can see keokuk from your front porch, is that while your setting on your mule lol.

13. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You are so right.....man, you think 35 year old memories would be crystal clear:D:D:Dright?:eek:

14. This is fun, would be even better if more people come, but if you do, dont take any sandwichs, they are only for 36cab and I. Haha

Brad

15. From Illinois but I like Iowa!

16. Born and raised in Mason City, Ia. Moved to south Texas in '86. Love both of 'em.

17. 18n57

18n57

Born and raised near Ames...burned up many gallons of .35 cent gas cruisin' main in Ames. Remember "the Weasel" and "Henry J"?

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

ok Iowa............

come and have a good time at Vintage Torque Fest.

Here is what ya missed in 2010 - come out - RAIN OR SHINE

19. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Went and visited the shop about 2 weeks ago.....there is Dad's shop...prime location, next to a bar:eek:! Some really nice projects in there let me tell ya. After chatting with pops he directed us to his son's shop several blocks down the way.
    As we were pulling up there was a certain car with a mile deep paint job getting ready to head for the shed:cool:It was a ford and boy was it purty! So my wife and I walked in and preceded to have one of the best talks we have ever had with a complete stranger:)....my wife wanted to sit in his truck but she didn't ask....I know it would have made the Master's day!
    His shop is in good order and organized, all projects his and the customers are well taken care of and protected. A very smart and gifted young man that if we were not on such a tight schedule would have taken us to other shops and homes to look at more old steel...drool!

Thanks again for having us....we hope to visit again when we have more time.

Frank and Esmey Elder

ps sorry about the impala

20. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Well, I grew up and live in Illinois, but I went to school in Iowa. GO HAWKS!!! :D:D:D

Hmmm....With the taxes in Illinois, maybe I should move back to Iowa. :eek::eek::eek:

21. brenneman

brenneman

Ainsworth here...doing a 28-29 Tudor

22. 53Hattie

53Hattie

I've lived in Oregon for long enuf to call it home myself, but prior to my generation pretty much the whole fam-damily on both sides were Iowans. Various places like Dunlap, Marshalltown, Algona, Jefferson, Titonka, & misc. other [mostly small] bergs. My folks always called Boone home, ...I lived there [& in Ames] for a brief early childhood spell too. A nice state with alot of fine folks for my$.

23. Bend ain't no shabby place to live, either.

24. luketrash

luketrash

Still in Ames. Hang out in Des Moines mostly. I sold my Ford sedan last year because it was getting expensive to store it off site. Still have a crapload of Vespas and Japanese motorcycles, which nobody on here cares about. Therefore I haven't logged in in over a year or so ;)

Went to Vintage Torquefest last weekend with my friend in his '53 Chevy custom.

I've got a little British car that's cute, but it's not as satisfying as the Ford was. I miss it, but I don't have room at home. I can fit all of this crap in the same footprint as one car:

[​IMG]

So there ya have it. If I win the lottery, I'll be back with something 'period correct' and American. Until then, I'm building cafe racers and Italian scooters.

25. Camel toe kid in the house got three hambers here in rockwell city n no were not in the prison prob should be though.

26. Hot Rod Hoodlum

Hot Rod Hoodlum

27. Xea

Xea

I'm in the teaming metropolis of CENTRAL CITY....... Had a blast at Torquefest last weekend. Aside from Goodguys in July, any other kewl events here in Ioway?

28. not dead yet

not dead yet

There are three of us in Rockwell City, Ia over by FtDodge

29. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa

there are easily 12 or so from the fort dodge -otho area. most are just lurkers and use the classifieds.

30. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Xea you should check out the Cruise the Lake-heard that's cool.