Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many 55,56 ford owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bdierks, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Great thread keep the pics coming.

2. Schreibs

Schreibs

Dads 55 Crown Vic he owned in the late 60's. The buddy he sold it to, stuck a hot 390 in it, and raced it lots. He was such a rebel, he was involved in a street race with a motorcycle in about '69 in Lethbridge, Alberta.Both bike and Crown raced into a cul-de-sac, where the bike crashed, and the Crown slid sideways, hitting the curb and flipping on it's side. Merv, Dads buddy driving the crown, and his passenger crawled out, pushed it back on it's wheels, and raced away. The police were arriving on scene, and gave chase, but could not catch the Crown. They raced home to Medicine Hat, where Merv contacted my Dad the next morning, and hastily collected a new rear axle, and side chrome from one of dads parts cars to repair the damage. While the repairs were going on, there was a knock at the door from the boys in blue. Merv was busted! In the end, the car was sold, and I was recently reminded of a rumor the body was still around, lying in a dry creek bed about 2 1/2 hours from here. Kinda feels like a road trip coming on....

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  3. rick55

rick55

55 Tudor Customline. San Jose car. Parked up since 1963, spun a main bearing and then left to age in neglect.
    Finally got it in paint and ready to assemble.
    I would post pictures but they are too big and can't seem to load those from my profile. If you would like to check them out, feel free.
    Have a .060" over 292 y block with Isky cam and FMX ready to go in it.
    Been a saga to this point

4. What an awesome thread to resurrect! There are so many sweet rides posted so far. Here is my '56 I purchased two years ago from another board member...I've changed it up some since I bought it...crappy cell phone pics:
    View attachment 2056598
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382280411.318261.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  5. Nice thread. I have always liked 55 & 56 Fords. One day back in 1955, I woke up and looked out the window at our brand new turquoise 55 Ford 2 door sedan, 272 V8, 3-speed, nothing else. It was a beautiful sight to me. Moving ahead in time, a local guy in my hometown had a blue 55 2 door sedan. Not sure of the engine or trans but it was lowered, spot lights, tube grille, duals, pinstriping. Moving to the 60's, my brother had a 55 Crown Victoria, black and white, 272 V8, Fordomatic, power seats and windows, 7.50 14's on the front, 9.50 14's on the rear. I was old enough to drive it occasionally. It ended up going to a local guy who took out the motor, rebuilt it for a school project and junked the car. Should have been the other way around. I still the have the title for it. A friend of our family had 56 Ford Victoria (might have been a Fairlane?) 2 door sedan, tan and white, 312, Fordomatic. They bought it new. They traded it in on a new OT 67 T-bird 4 door and the 56 ended up on the local Ford dealership lot. I didn't have enough money at the time to buy it. Other friends had a blue and white 55 4 door wagon, 3 seater. V8, Fordomatic. I did end up trading a 36 Ford 2 door sedan for a 55 Ford 4 door wagon here on the HAMB, flat black, Y-block w/4barrel, T-Bird valve covers, Fordomatic. Can't remember where that one went. Thanks for the memories. Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

6. Slicks

Slicks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from denison tx

55 ford victoria

7. Jakes38

Jakes38

Cool thread. Just picked up a fairly dry '55 Customline that I found on the HAMB.
    Cant wait to get rollin'

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  8. skoh73

skoh73

Just posted this earlier this evening on the 52-59 Ford Owner's Social Group:

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted here- life has gotten in the way. Anyhoo, a close friend of mine is considering selling the gorgeous '56 Customline he built for his wife. He is on the HAMB, but has been super busy lately. I told him that I would float the idea out here in our group to see if there is any interest. Here s some info:

292 Y Block 8-10k on the motor after rebuild

'57 Y Block cast iron exhaust manifold

EC2-G Heads

Custom tuck and roll interior (done properly, no crummy seat covers or hack upholsterer) and headliner.

It has airbags- Air Ride Technologies Ride Pro E-2

All original stainless polished

Period Lee tail light lenses

I've been around the car for the last two seasons and she rides like a dream. I will vouch for the quality of craftsmanship that takes place in his shop. There are no corners cut. Here is a link to the build thread:

http://www.thesandmshop.com/BodyGlitter.html

and a link to the shop's site (mind you, it is a hobby shop, not for hire):

http://www.thesandmshop.com/home.html

You can check out the other cars that have been built in the shop as well. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, please get in touch with me and I will pass along contact info to him. I don't have a dog in this fight, just trying to take some of the load from a buddy's shoulders.

Thanks folks!

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

10. blackout

blackout

One more

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  11. Schreibs

Schreibs

This 56 Ford convert is pretty rare. In 56, all of the 56 Ford ragtops made were built in the US, and shipped to Canada...except for 300 which were produced in Ontario. This 56 is known to be one of those 300, according to the serial number. It sat in a small town dump in Saskatchewan for many years before a friend of mine in BC bought it in the 80's, and it changed hands in 2007, and now in 2011 again. I took pictures of it today, as it's in progress, and will have a hot Y-Block, lowering, etc. when completed. It's rare, and considering it's history, is fortunate to have survived all those years in a dump!

Attached Files:

12. daddio211

daddio211

13. Here's mine:D

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  14. Gotta have one someday.....

15. a favorite, I don't own it, wish I did but, on behalf of the owner, this car deserves a spot in this thread. No bolt on hiccups like dummy spotlights and side pipes.
    Curt R

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  16. daddio211

daddio211

I dig it, but the Chevy rally wheels belong on a... Chevy!

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

17. Here's my 56 Fairlane Victoria. I bought it with a 312/3 speed overdrive, power steering, seat and windows. It now has a 302/5 speed, buckets from a 98 Mark VIII, four wheel power discs, replaced the gauges with S/W gauges and a GPS speedo. Still want to lower it a little and get the interior redone.
    [​IMG]

18. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Had those in my 56 Meteor Crown Vic back in 67. 63 Fairlane wagon is what I got them from if I remember correctly. One of many cars I wish I still had.

19. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

I own a 53 ford but my favorite ford is a 55. Here is my two favorites. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385056270.830815.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385056292.161444.jpg

Wishing I was on the salt watching some fast cars go by me!!!!!!!

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Quick question... are there any repop glass or metal dash boards produced for these year Ford cars or trucks? I've had no luck with web searches. Gary

21. daddio211

daddio211

22. C'mon let's see some more 55-56 Fords....

23. Schreibs

Schreibs

Stopped at a friends place last weekend. He is in the process of restoring a 56 Meteor Crown Victoria, and I was checking out a 56 Town Sedan parts car he was selling for 400 bucks. After deciding to help out someone down on his luck, some shifty guy convinced my friend he knew how to do bodywork. Well, the cars done, but needs to be totally redone, as there are spots where body filler was painted over, no block sanding done whatsoever, and three 'mystery holes' left in the drivers quarter panel, not filled, and painted over!! I feel bad for him, but he didn't wait for me to finish the job I was doing, or I would have helped out. It looks good from 30 feet.....

Attached Files:

24. 1954fordkustom

1954fordkustom

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389936665.877383.jpg
    My ol lady's 55

qicvick likes this.
  25. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

www.streetrodglass.com has all the glass prices are good.

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for the help, but I meant fiberglass dash boards. Sorry. Gary

27. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

here's mine,26,00 original miles. Was a red Cross vehicle in upstate NY. Have gone thru the mechanicals in the process of replacing front cross member. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, don't have the money to do what I WANT to do:mad:

Attached Files:

28. bullseye577

bullseye577
    from Detroit

I got this for my girl last summer. We're looking to lower her and put new interior in. We already swapped the column shift for a floor shift. And she wants to repaint her in the 50's seafoam color.

Attached Files:

29. DEANs427

DEANs427

own two 56 Fords,his & hers

Attached Files: