Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest How is that even possible? Dynamat Donut.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

That's awesome!

Where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it!

Burnout!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. Karpo

Karpo

Piero,

First off nice meeting you that night. This all happened around 6:30. The tent was full of people, it was cocktail hour before the Hot Rod Round Table. I was outside with Lucky having a cig. Then you came out. Then thats when we saw him pulling into the area which was to be cover car row. Lets get the fact's straight HE DID NOT HIT ANYTHING. He came real and I mean real close, within 6" of that wall. I know because I was at the museum before 6am with him the next day and went over the car. When he started doing all of it a swarm of people came outside. If you listen real carefully at the end you hear a girls voice calling my name (Karpo). It is the events planner at the museum calling to get my attention. I was just at that moment going to tell him to stop. She told me the fire marshall will not only close down the event but future events if he didn't stop. So what you don't see on the video is he he backed up a bit and stalled again and thats when I walked up to him and said Scott, I dig what you are doing but the fire marshall won't!

Karpo

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Well said....I was thinking the same thing.

4. slammed

slammed

Killer clip. Now the limp deeks can call Big Brother 'cause they programed to OBEY!! Evel done good.

5. Just like that dumb asshole to ruin an event for all. Thanks for the skinny.

6. burnout2614

burnout2614

I like donuts. Makes me giggle to watch him flog that thing! I smoke a lot of tires and have been accused of "poisoning the fresh air" ! The next best complaint was a girl cursing me for smokin up a place as she had asthma............... she was smoking a cigarette in a smoke-filled bar!!!! peace and burnout to all

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

So what! Come on guys lighten up,the guy was just having a little fun with his hot rod. It's his car I am sure he knows what could happen,LOL.

8. JD Miller

JD Miller

Ahhh, Alcohol !

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Les Noyse, mo' rubber!

10. Special Ed

Special Ed

Have you ever attended a function on the roof of the Peterson? Are you familiar with the layout up there? The proximity of the canvas tent filled with people? Do you know about the ties of the facility to the county museum system of Los Angeles? Are you aware of the density of all the residences within earshot?
    There is a time and a place for everything. I've had more than my share of fun, and I'm all for doing donuts, but this was not real intelligent. He may have possibly fucked up a lot of really fun future gigs up there for everyone else to enjoy... :cool:

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Karpo it was nice to meet you thanks for filling in some blanks.. It was pretty crazy that it was us 3 just sitting there watching this.. hahahaha it could of gone bad.. but it was fun to watch.. He sure knows how to handle that car...

12. 39 Ford

39 Ford

REAL MEN have thier fun so as not endanger anyone else, and do not need to show off for the masses. I have done donuts etc. but I always picked a spot that was safe for others. Anything can happen like tires blowing, suspension failing, throttle sticking etc. Why risk others lives to impress them. I am 67 and still crazy but alive.
    A guy who was being drafted once took me for a ride in a hot 56 vette, he went thru a busy development at 100+ at 6:00PM on a summer nite we survived, but he died in Nam.

13. slammed

slammed

Possibility. Speculation, would-have-could-have been a tragedy. But whoa to thee to disagree.

14. Thanks SE.

15. Special Ed

Special Ed

You've never been there either, huh? It's located on one of the busiest and most famous streets on the planet. Wilshire Boulevard. This ain't Iowa, dude.... This is on the roof of a very prominent building with many windows from surrounding high-rises staring down on it.
    Your "possibility, speculation, and could have been a tragedy" has nothing to do with it. It was a poor choice of venues to do that with so much anti old car pressure these days. We just don't need any additional blackeyes....

16. Mmmmm donuts.

Attached Files:

17. XXL__

XXL__

Try playing Russian roulette with yourself. We can all speculate about would-have-could-have if you don't take a bullet. If you do, we can talk about how it was a stupid thing to do.

18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Cosmically funny!

19. California is losing dragstrips like water out of a sieve and you guys want to defend this jackass? Wally Parks is rolling in his grave.

20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Remember that day the 34 Dodge with the Viper motor(Goodguys giveaway car) was destroyed on the highway outside the venue of the Des Moines Iowa show. Luckily it was only a one car accident.

21. S.F.

S.F.

He rolled up to the Egyptians open house in that orage coupe of his with a headlight hangen off...said it had been hangen like that half the drive there. That roadster sounds like its got one hell of a pissed off mill in it. safe or not this is what hot rods are for.

22. Too much money, too little brains. Oh well

23. Karpo

Karpo

Guys,

Trust me when this started happening I was in shock. We have been planning this show for the past year and a half and I didn't want all of the committee's hard work go down the shitter! I've been involved with all of the Deuce Week's at the Petersen, the 70th, 75th and 80th Anniversaries. All of you have valid points in each direction. I have known Scott for some time now and he realizes after the fact it was a stupid thing to do. No alcohol was involved by the way. It could have gotten ugly but thankfully it didn't. So please lets put this subject to rest, all I need is for the Fire Marshall to see this post and the outcome won't be good!

24. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

????????????

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes I wasn't trying to start a bash on the whole thing.. We do dumb stuff all the time.. I'm more amazed that he didn't hit anything..it was just crazy..

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess I'll be buying my sound deading materials from someone else. I've been up there on the roof. Bob

27. moefuzz

moefuzz

This is what the kids fail to realize,
    maybe next year nobody gets invited cuz somebody flipped a roadster in the parking lot and Paris Hilton's Dog Got Killed Before It Could Commit Suicide.

-just sayin.

(I was part of the CDRA's attempt to get the young kid's (mostly ricers and such), off the street by creating "Secret Street" -a Friday night all invited $10 event where we opened the track and the kids could get it off the street and learn about safety (from those that drag race) all in a controlled environment, so obviously I am biased but it's not like we didn't care)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  28. fat141

fat141

Pretty stupid to do it there.
    Wrong place, wrong time
    IMO, which I value
    Rod

29. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha that shits crazy! makes me want to run out and buy a roll of Dynamat... ok, no it doesnt.. but the donut was cool..

30. slammed

slammed

Crispy Cream, on me!