Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is everyone's car projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Oct 10, 2012.

1. EdselRich

EdselRich

Another $100.00 spent today if that answers the question in the title

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. 26 roadster

26 roadster

O/T car for wife has to be finished first and I am waiting on the painter............
    front end, rear end, steering, engine, transmission and other parts gathered for next Hot Rod.....................

3. lukey

lukey

Dead in the water! Oh well, at least I have dry storage for house supplies:) I am literally nickel and dimeing it now. $5-$10 per paycheck till I feel safe spending money and know my job is secure. Oh well, it's mine...it's not eating anything. If it takes 5 years, so what.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1349908157.928236.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1349908183.888886.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. grf-x

grf-x

Replacing the trunk cuz I couldn't bring myself to putting a new tank under something I was going to eventually have to replace. We've all been there with similar situations. One thing leads to another and another and another. Some body remind me why we do this to ourselves... oh thats right, it's hot rodding and we love it. :)

5. Slower than a wet week full of Mondays,...I have to poke mine with a stick to make sure its still breathing!

On the plus side my HAMB sourced tri carb & intake set up arrived from the US on Friday,....thats progress I think??

6. 2935ford

2935ford

Very slow.
    I can't believe how long I now have to wait for parts to arrive from the U.S.
    I have changed my tactics some and have a source to ship to in Maine but that is a 6 hour RT drive.
    I try to get as much of my needed parts from different sources co ordinated for one pickup.

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Slower than molasses in January

8. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

7102010m.jpe Was bout to post this in the "sitting and rotting" thread. Been two yrs since I did anything to it.......

9. Working on a rearend I got for my Hudson. Wheel cylinders done last night. Now just clean the whole thing up and give it new shoes and it'll be ready to go in and do some highway cruising. Now there's a lot more to do on the car but I like to keep it driveable between each step.

10. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

Well not as fast as I hoped for this summer but still moving a long.
    [​IMG]
    I did happen to toss one together with spare parts..
    [​IMG]

11. pila38

pila38

Well...I started when I was 18...I'm 32 now...still not even close to done...good news is that I've built and rebuilt it in my head a lot.

12. rancid737

rancid737

slow, but moving forward. Finally ended up fabricating motor mounts that I'm happy with after two failed attempts. That always slows me down.

13. MissPrint

MissPrint

S-L-O-W. . .S-L-O-W. . .S-L-O-W. . .

With the new jobbie job, 14-16 hour days (tryin' to edu-ma-cate kiddos who are literally 3-4 grade levels behind :( in reading and writing), livin' in the sticks, and no place to work on the cars, need I say more?

The '60 is rotting at Jobe's shop. . .I don't even want to know how high the weeds have grown around her in the months since I've visited her :(

The '59 is running, driving, blowing out tires every chance I get, and her "primer" is now achieving a loverly shade of grey-ish with exceptionally unique "patina" lines. . .But at least she's still running (fingers crossed that she'll make it to the Dia De Los Muertos Parade, as promised my students :D).

Can I have another day in, my day please? :rolleyes:

14. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

Three and a half years doesn't seem so bad now. 99% complete, she runs and drives well. A few items to complete this winter and a couple of things to fix. All is good.
    The Rodders Journal show in Baltimore was my first outing.

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      296.6 KB
      Views:
    • 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      282.4 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      294.6 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      281.3 KB
      Views:
    • 037.jpg
      037.jpg
      File size:
      312.6 KB
      Views:
  15. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

I am close, Idler arm and exhaust are the low budget left to do.The front and rear bumper rechrome will probably be a Christmas present.

16. gsport

gsport

slow sure does seem to be the way right now for most everyone....
    i just started to put a new wire harness in mine... but still alot slower than i thought i'd be on it..

17. crashgravis

crashgravis

I bought a running and driving Model A Coupe , but decided to go more traditional . I hope to have it going sometimes within the next decade .:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  18. Hell man, you know how to make a car look right!

19. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'm embarrassed to admit over 5yrs now and still not there. Usually I build them over a few years but this is ridiculous this time around. I need to pull my finger out. Already have a driver so lots of distractions.

20. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

My 39 Olds coupe gasser project has been on hold for a while. I've been trying to locate someone close to do a legal roll cage. I've been porting the BBC heads I'm going to use while I wait. Every time I do a set of heads I swear "this is the last pair of heads I'm going to port and polish", then I buy another project and it starts all over again. I've got a couple of new leads for my roll cage installation I'm getting ready to follow up on, so who knows, maybe I will get it done for next years HAMB drags.

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Slow got a good start then I fill guilty for not working on customer prodjects. Need to figure out how to get over that. Oh and that money thing holds it up. having to jackoff the dog to feed the cat.

22. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I'm sorry Beaner! But happy at the same time, Ill give you a present for your 38.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  23. well got the rad,condensor, and electric fan in the 53 chev, next is rear air bags and that seems to be a mounting challenge to put a crossmember in and put bags in front of axle should take about a week, ordered a pump last nite , exhaust, lakers, body job and paint should last couple months

not doing the indoor circus so i got time this winter

then to do a engine swap on the 63 GMC not like long ago when it took 6 to 8 hours to do it may take about 2 weeks if i really hit it hard
    THEN
    its time to start on the 41 Olds, put in a SBC and trans, do body job ,wiring ,rear end ,skirts lights get interior in and paint should taske a year or more but gonna give it my all and try to get it mostly done

and hope life dont get in the way of full time funn, its hard to believe that i work full time on this and get so little done

OH, i only did 44 shows :eek: last year seems hard to get much done in the warmer months, like clean car and go to show that is close to a 2 day job

who would thunk we would get old??? never give it a thought when i was 40 and racing stock cars and kicking ass on travel and repairs it seemed so easy then:rolleyes:

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Projects will be on hold until spring.I don't have a garage to work on them in.Winter is here.I will rebuild starters and clean this and that if I can.Plus working 6 days a week with 2 kids makes "free time" rare.

25. Wow... I like that! Good work!

26. Doesn't bother me as much as it could bother me. I know that it is gone to a good home. Just don't put dubs on it OK?

Hey I should have wheels on it today.

27. My two projects are going slow...

Last fall I brought home a 33 Ford PU. It is a really nice project, but is in pieces. I started collecting parts for it and did some minor body work to it last winter, but put it on the back burner this past spring when I found my new roadster (avatar pic) since I was going for the same style build/look with the truck.

I also picked up a pretty clean 39 Deluxe Sedan last spring. I couldn't pass up the deal and had all intentions of putting it to the back burner for a few years while I built the 33 PU. Well once I decided to halt the 33 I took interest in the 39. So then I started picking up parts and pieces for it.

Now after driving my roadster for a summer, there are a few upgrades I'd like to make to it. My girlfriend and I have also been contemplating on moving. So to make a long story short, I haven't accomplished sh*t and spent most of my money!

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

My nailhead powered 50 Chevy Sedan delivery is pretty much finished so now its my daily driver. I just got rid of a 37 Chevy Pickup that I was about half the way through and I have a 65 Chevy Panel truck that I will be starting on next. I got to have something to work on.

29. birch grey deluxe

birch grey deluxe

My project is drivable, but looks like hell! Slowly, but surely...

30. rcavaliers

rcavaliers
    from downey

got mine a full roller over the weekend (finally). just gotta go thru the Olds rear so she rolls a lil better :D