Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is everyone's car projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Oct 10, 2012.

1. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Just wondering how is everyone's car projects coming along? Mine is a 29 ford pickup waiting to be shipped to Australia. Everything is in boxes ready to get started.

Here is the pickup and a quickly done picture of what it might look like in the future.

Attached Files:

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

How is mine coming along? slow, but gaining speed.
    Nice bunch of parts to start with on you 29 truck project. How long will it take for the shipping?

3. My 26 rpu is about to get some serious work done, been a bit cold over winter in the shed.Saw the other thread on your new pickup and lucky lucky you !!!!! Good luck with it and enjoy, JW

4. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

Slow and easy wins the race.
    [​IMG]

5. I didn't realize you cared, how nice!:D

My 30 coupe and my 49 chevy pickup are still tucked away in my father-inlaws barn. I don't think he's getting tired of them sitting there, sure hope not, cause they are going to be there for a while!!!

6. Funny you should ask. One is and one isn't! Just got the door glass, from the glass shop, for the '46 and I ain't hit a lick on the '57...

7. Snails pace would be an improvement.

8. Slowly but surely on the '48 F4. I'm starting to put the frame all back together. Still need to paint the axles, run the brake lines, detail the engine, build exhaust..........

9. Is it wrong that I pictured a disgruntled wife, sitting in a living room chair, grumpily tugging at her beard? :eek: :D

10. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Slow and steady. Did I mention slow?

11. Good to know we're on the same page!

12. 73super

73super

Spiders are currently residing.. they worked so hard on those webs I hate to disturb them..

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not getting much actual work done but I did pick up a 9 inch rear end for the 31 Vic, Overkill but I don't want to have to do repairs later. I also finally picked up a late 20's early 30's Chevy frame to go under my 2 seat early race car style roadster that I have been collecting parts for for the past 30 years.
    This was after I got the frame home Friday. You need to use some imagination.
    [​IMG]
    The cowl is 1919 Buick and the tail is leftovers. Nothing fancy. AD Chev truck front axle, 18 inch Chevy wires, 254 Ford flathead six with a compound 4 speed and a 55 Chevy pickup rear axle for now.

14. Irishman

Irishman

Slow. Plucking up the courage to start beating out shopping cart dings and dents on the panels. Never done it before, so procrastination is playing a big part.

Kinda want to at least get it moving under its own power, but need to buy things like a gas tank, wiring harness, carb, etc.

Until the cash fairy makes a visit, I have to stick to doing stuff that doesn't cost money!

15. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Been plugging away on the 49 F-1 for about 6 years, got it on the road & did a shake down run, things seem ok so I headed to Albaqurque from Denver. Took the back road (285) for scenery, fall colors, etc. It ran great, nice drive, relaxing. But while cruising around the hills my #7 exhaust rocker arm stud snapped. Its a press fit, no roadside fix. So I got home on 7 cyls. Other than that it was a great trip.

16. mopar210

mopar210

i have not put my 2 cents in for a while on here - but here goes . thanks for asking , its now back to full speed after taking the summer off . i kinda backed off a little on here because of the car im building (1964 rambler 770 classic) it is in the on topic year range , but possibly not the most admired style - "gasser" . but - i guess myself and my brother are building the car car for us , and not to please anyone else . but we have made some progress in the last month , all the linkage and mounting for the 4spd -done rear differential , springs and ladder bars , air shocks etc.... -done , seats drilled and mounted , clutch cross shaft made and adjuster rod -done . the engine (1970 440 hp) is ready to be assembhled the rest of the way . drive shaft -done . we are thinking we should have it ready to go this spring . good luck to all you folks on your project . todd

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      249.4 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      230.6 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      251.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      257 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      247.7 KB
      Views:
  17. Just sold mine, so it is life 1 The'Beaner 0.

But my wife is not moving into a trailer park and my grandaughter graduated from high school and didn't have go without to do it.

By the way there will always be another car.

18. Hey I'm good. I still got the '38 in the barn, I'll drag it home when things get better. They always get better, always have and always will.

19. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...major work on two other cars are mostly done, so I dragged this out to improve my skills. No serious plans for it (i.e. drivetrain, frame, axles)....just re-chopping it from the previous owner's slice and I may take another 1/2" out just for fun.....

[​IMG]

20. You are going to fill what used to be the fender well? It would be really cool to put fenders on it and keep everyone guessing. ;)

21. pumpman

pumpman

Outside work around the house almost done so it's back on the 32. Just about done with the banger and then it's back in the car.

Attached Files:

22. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

I'm liking the way that thing sits! That's just what I want to build next.
    Tom

23. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Getting pretty close. Some silly little details that have caused delays. For example; the front stainless flex brake lines turned out to have been crushed and wouldn't let the front brakes release.

New D.O.T. (Department of Transport) approved brake lines fixed that problem.
    Then the electric fan, (yeah, I know; not original - but didn't have room in front of the blower - S.C.o.T. on a flat head) and the MSD ignition were going to draw more current than the generator could put out. So now have a Powerhouse alternator. (looks like a generator)

This blog shows some of the progress;

http://mountainmonkeycycle.ca/Barnd...s/2011/2/1_Digger_Daves_28_Model_A_Sedan.html

Upholstery is done now. More pictures to come.

24. Put it together,
    take it a part,
    redo it
    put it back together,
    take it back apart,
    ad naussium

Attached Files:

25. My project has been pushed into the corner of the shop and I haven't touched it in months....stupid paying customer work....:rolleyes:;)

26. Here see if this helps.

[​IMG]

27. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Slow seems to be the trend here..........count me in too. Spent the last few month collecting parts for my 64 Fairlane project. Scored a nice original 500 off ebay, and have been enjoying driving it to the local shows while my motor is being put together in the machine shop....a Dart block windsor based 454 stroker. It's nice with the little 289 factory air and auto, but really looking forward to the monster with a top loader and 9 inch rear. Just dropped off the rear this morning to be narrowed and have the axles cut and resplined. Got a call from the motor builder on monday and he didn't like the looks of the Comp cam, so waiting on a replacement to complete the short block.......

Attached Files:

28. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

We're supposed to work on our car projects? :eek:

29. HaHa!!

So much for the idea of putting all the parts in close proximity to each and hoping that with enough time the car would build itself.

30. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Its not! My TIG broke earlier on in the year and that stopped play till i got another, but by then a bunch of other stuff had taken all my free time! I hope to get back on it in a month or so, just in time for the winter weather and a nice cold garage!!