Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is CENSUS on old cars counted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jun 24, 2011.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Ok, so i am going through left over goodies that were in the trunk of my new 55 Lincoln today and came across the poster board display from when my buddy bought the car a few years back at the Cruzin the Coast auction in MS. On the board it clearly stater that there were only 210 left in the world. I ask another buddy that was hanging around the shop and he stated that most likely that would check through out the stated dmv's to count how many were registered in that state and compile the count that away.My inquiry is not to debate how many of my car type is out there ...but how in the hell do they come across the figures. Thanks for any help

2. unkamort

unkamort

Registries... Marque clubs that run their own count through their members and contacts. The Brits are big on that. How accurate the counts are is anybodies guess. The actual production figures should be out there somewhere, narrow it down with color/option. It would take a lot of research to get anything even 'in the ball park'

3. A WAG made by club registries as noted. Most of the time it is to drive the value of the owners cars UP by making them seem more rare than they are.