I really appreciate the response Frank. I think this approach could be applied to any similar set-up, be it a '48-'64 Ford, or a '47-'59 Jimmy. (i'm sure a Binder is very similar, but I've never gutted one of those before). Many people have asked why we didn't just buy a set of dropped, reversed-eye mono leafs, and a dropped I-beam. The answer is simply money vs. time. I felt very confident in the fact that I could execute this cleanly, and Tim was comfortable with it too. Modified stock, with a little imagination gets the same end, and frees up about $1,000 in buy-out parts. Regardless of which way an I-beam is lowered, the steering geometry is the key issue that needs to be addressed. I corrected this by moving the steering box up. I suppose there's still a chance that we'll need to install a stabilizer on the I-beam, but if so it will be due to the caster that I built in. This is a land-speed truck, so high-speed stability is the goal. I will say that adding dropped mono-leafs to this set-up increases the drop potential, but they are pretty pricey. Also, we are using the stock engine/tranny location so this is about the limit for modified stock components considering oil pan clearance. This really turned into a long-winded response...sorry. Thanks again for the compliment.