Register now to get rid of these ads!

how ''hotrod'' is your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crotex, Aug 1, 2010.

1. nali

nali

Sometimes there are soo many coffee cups , cookies , clothes and so on in my car that it looks like my house. Does this count ? :)

2. BigChief

BigChief

....mine still has its wheels under it. :)

3. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

My wife races demolition derby so the car stuff is all good by her... Its just a constant quest to find WHAT car stuff can stay and what has to to go to be replaced by other car stuff.. Things like when she trips over a transmission in the living room, well they go out pretty quick... lol.. Ive got nothin on Moriarty or HotRodLadyCruiser though... Holy cow! -GothY-

4. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I'm glad to see I'm in good company. Pictures coming soon. Check out the Friday Art shows.

5. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

My living room, a car wouldn't fit.

[​IMG]

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Michaels (I know you have Michaels down there, I just checked :rolleyes:) craft stores have perfectly sized black frames for his prints, even the long skinny ones. No custom framing required! His pictures are too nice to just be pinned to the wall (like Denise and I have seen over and over and over again!).

I think there is a major difference between having hot rod stuff in your house VS a hot rod themed house. I think one of the reasons Denise's house looks nice and put together is because it is hot rod themed VS being full of hot rod stuff. Sure I've been to plenty of guys houses that are full of hot rod parts but very few (not all of you, there are a couple exceptions :D) do a nice job of displaying that stuff to not make it look like parts storage. Having the art and little touches like the silverware (and the occasional tool box I suppose :rolleyes:) like in Denise's house show more of a lifestyle, a design choice.

But who am I to talk? A Flathead Roof intake lives on my dining room buffet! :D I also have 8ft tall drawings of crescent wrenches, air chucks and misc other tools in my kitchen/living room area by a local artist. And for good measure, a propeller from a WWII training plane! Now, to get all of my neato hot rod art hung up...my winter project this year!

7. Thanks to who ever sent the Link to HRLC remodel group.

8. nali

nali

Nice old bike !! What is it ? An Italian one ?

9. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

My house is faster than your house!!!!!!

10. nali

nali

I know this is a stupid post , but LOL :p

11. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

[​IMG]

i have crap all over my house in every room really, wife is a car nut also no pictures but I thought i'd share my buddy Mark's house art, it was a prop from a play, must say i am a bit jealous of it

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The whole set was a birthday gift from an old boyfriend. He really put some thought into that one. I believe the name of the company was called Wrenchware but I can't find it now online. You can come over for dinner though and use it.:D

I do believe VooDooChili has done stuff like this before so I'm trusting him to make sure the correct wiring is used in the shelf and my electrican will hardwire it to a switch so that part will be done by a professional. I'll take some photos when it's hung and the bar is in place.

I've seen photos of your living room.....you're there as well. ;) You REALLY need to come to the house for a visit next time you're in town.

I did :D

Don't put any more ideas in my head....it's ready to explode with them as it is.:p

Over the top is a car or three INSIDE, I'm just alittle left of normal :D

13. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

But.. do you have an 8x10 picture of Mr H-----?
    Pontiac Slim

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, but I do have a 12 x 12 of Big Olds etched into granite on the backsplash above my stove.:D

[​IMG]

15. big creep

big creep

16. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Denise, I'm trying to find an Olds donor car with a good column and steering wheel. You need one of my coffee tables. How about a car couch? I really like your house. I really enjoyed visiting with you at Salina. Stainless mldgs?

17. Kustom Mayhem

Kustom Mayhem

I got a gutted carb to hold my pens. Airbrushed toaster, model T coils for paper weights and book ends, Stainless pipe to hold silverware, the T.V. is pinstriped, axels under my house. Thats right i live in the trailer park. Until I close on my new home which is a doublewide.

18. Kustom Mayhem

Kustom Mayhem

Is that a AMF Harley?

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just wrap a 18" black leather strap-on with chili pepper christmas lights, and hang it from your dinning room ceiling. that will really hot-rod your house.

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

I forgot about your shop/street deal, I like it! Starting a gas station/street set up on my third floor soon. I'll post some photos when we get started.

21. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Now THIS is a house.....Way Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

I was wondering how long it would take Moriarity to chime in. I get goose bumps everytime I see pics of his collection. Unbelievable!!!

23. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Hey Denise you forgot to show the awnings over the doors? or are those in place yet?

24. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

My house is a hot rod. It's an 1820 model with a 1930 stove.

25. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

You wanna go for a date?

HAHAHA!

Your the..... Gal!

HC.

26. nali

nali

thanks for the band pass
    500 + messages and you don t still can post single things ?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  27. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

28. freebird101

freebird101

Its hard to have a say in architecture when your 14 and your parents want a Frank Loyd Wright style house and you want to hang Torq-Thrust's from a wall. The closest thing i have is a sheller 3 spoke steering wheel hanging from a wall in my room.

29. big bad john

big bad john

WOW....Great pictures.........Got to do something to by house:D

30. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ