Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How has the HAMB made an impact ...share your story???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'm just glad it's not a photo of one of them Vietnamese potbellied types, as they're really not traditional.
    Paul

2. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

For sure! Also the knowledge base is amazing. Craftsman of all levels sharing their ideas and thoughts.
    The whole experience is very motivating. With work and life...6 dogs , 2 horse and a Wife...there are times I just want to sit back and relax.
    People sharing their builds gets me off my ass and in the garage. The end result is I am more relaxed after a night in the garage rather than being a couch nugget.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Yep..I could be alone and sick in the head like this..but alas, im not alone:D

4. MCM

MCM

I was just talking to a friend about this last night. The HAMB saved me from making a lot of tasteless changes to my car that I'd probably be spending a bunch of money to "undo" right now...

5. brad2v

brad2v

Yup, turns out I don't have a 'rare' disease.

6. mspurgeon

mspurgeon

Found the HAMB while looking for information on a part, I luirked around for a while and now have learne dso much from posts and the tech articles on this site. Have purchased parts and have been able to talk to some great guys that are open to sharing their knowledge of hot rods. i worked at a parts shop during the easter egg colors and billet and this is what I like , traditional rides. My wife calls the HAMB my face book. Thgank you guys for the information and great build pics that have given me ideas and solved issues before I spent money and time on building a part.

7. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Ive learnt tons of info and plan on learning more

8. I found the HAMB while looking for a car to build. A had a few ideas and plans in mind, but hadn't even considered anything earlier than the mid 50s before I started creeping here. Now I have a 34, I'm building a trad hot rod, and though I'm way over my head, I'm having a lot of fun and learning a ton.

The HAMB has become a bit of a problem though... I spend waayyy too much time on here :D Thanks to everyone, Ryan, Mods and users, who make the HAMB what it is.

9. Keeps me from getting bored at work. :rolleyes::) (I work 3rd shift)

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Mad Fabricators wouldn't of happend if it wasn't for the HAMB... I have met some my best friends on the HAMB..

11. taught me that dickfer is for peeing

12. Before the HAMB I knew maybe 6 guy's that got it.

13. Deuces

Deuces

Well.... I don't roam around the muscle car sites anymore... So, what does that tell ya??? :rolleyes:

14. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

i know alot on traditional hot rods and customs. since im only 17 i know very little compared with the old school guys who lived this shit their whole lives. so its great to be able to go online and ask a question and have guys that have had the same problem and know how to deal with it! the HAMB has also given me some nice discounts on my tires.

15. Never2low

Never2low

I'm on my third office chair.:eek::confused::p

16. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has saved me heaps of money on car magazines. I used to buy a magazine for one or two photos, all the the rest of the features were of topic to me. Now everything i like to look at is here. :)
    Thank you H.A.M.B.
    Oh yeah, it also gave me a reason to learn how to use a computer.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  17. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Friendly folks, great ideas, great tech all about traditional hot rods. I also met some good friends, namely Elpolacko and MilesM, and others. Steve did the frame work on my F1 pickup project making for a solid base for the chassis. His expertise on suspensions is amazing. Send work his way, he needs to be able to pay the rent.

18. Well it has added about 2000-2500 more pics of flathead cars parts and flathead shit to my computer kept me up hours after I should have been asleep, but has given many many hours of enjoyment to an ol fart just trying to get along. Plus got me into drag racing with a little help from Rocky hell I can't ask for any more....................

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

If ya know me at all then I met ya here! U r welcome! ;) nah, I've met more folks here I consider family then I have my whole life! We hadda flood a couple months ago, and this place did more for me then anyone! In fact, by more I mean, no one else did shit! That's how much this place means to me ! I can't name names cause I'll run out of space fast! No hamb, no rust revival! No hamb, no car club! No hamb, no friends from all over this world! No hamb, I wouldn't have all those srcripts for herpes I'n my cabinet! I love this place and cant imagine life without it! God bless u all and the hamb
    Todd

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Odd, it's almost the same as my vows when I got married.........

21. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

I'm only a newby but it gave me a new way to meet great people who are in the same hobby's that I am into. And taboot some of the most knoledgeable threads on the internet! There are so many guy's that are willing to help by selling or giving great deals or advice if you are willing to look for it! My project would never be as far as it is without the H.A.M.B. or FordBarn. I want to thank Ryan and the guy's for all the work to keep this site up!

22. The HAMB has taught me, that when I think I have a good idea, I am wrong most times, or at the very least it has taught me another easier way to achieve it.

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I won't be subscibing to magazines anymore. Learn more here and I'm not paying for advertising.