Register now to get rid of these ads!

How good are Denman Classic tires ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Somoan, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

I saw a set on a car with a 3 1/4 WW and was wondering how they compare to other classic tires. Like Diamondback,Coker plus I found out they they are made here in Ohio.

2. I have them on the Lazy 8....I like them, but I don't drive it like a street rod....not good in the rain, nor at the track....white walls hold up nice and they have a very old look to them...

3. cafekid

cafekid

ive had g78s on my car for a year and the white walls are all nasty they look like theyve been hit with 150 grit sandpaper all checked and whatnot...... but other han that theyrre fine

4. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

g78's- i like them no probs

5. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

same here, great tires, drive nice, ride a little better than your typical bias plys.

6. 51shoebox

51shoebox
    from rialto

great looking tire g 78's

7. Joelchris

Joelchris
    from Pomona

I just switched from Coker and I Love Denmans G78's way better. They don't pull so hard when they hit cracks in the road. I also think the white wall looks better than coker. Just my opinion

8. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

Thanks guys for the input

9. i used to run denman G78 whitewalls on the back of my ranchero, they hooked up really well, better than my hurst slicks did. they didnt last as long as candy classic g78's, i think the compound was alot softer. i liked them though, broke alot of u-joints and 2 rear ends with them :)

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

what did you use to keep them clean?

dont use bleach..it will fuck em up..any WW tire
    Stay away from cleaners that contain bleach, silicon, or harsh chemicals. These cleaners will eventually cause deep yellowing and cracking that can not be reversed.

Use a mild detergent, or dish washing liquid, on your tires and rinse well.

You could also employ a premium whitewall cleanser on whitewall tires.

or an old school way...440grit wet dry sand paper and buff them

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  11. Gene@Gearworksmfg

Gene@Gearworksmfg

I'll be running them on my '52 in a g78-15 size. they seem to be nice. I know a lot of the air cooled vw guys prefer them over the cokers (in a 560-15 size) However prices on the denmans are more than the Cokers.
    [​IMG]

12. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i like the deman's.

13. cafekid

cafekid

i use comet and a wrag........

14. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I have g78x15s on my shoebox and they have performed extremely well.There whitwall is way better than coker and it holds up to harsh treatment better than i have seen of other whitewalls.There wear really well too.Great tire all round

15. 61falcon

61falcon

not trying to hijack your thread but i have a question regarding denman tires. has anyone used denman trailer tires. i just bought a set and have yet to install them. anygood?

16. slicknapier

slicknapier
    from Tucson, AZ

Mine look decent from 15 ft, but they are a little weather checked on the actual sidewall, but to be fair they were on the car when I bought it so I don't know their history...

Attached Files:

17. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

Yes gene, they are a little pricey. I got a quote of $177 per tire here locally