Register now to get rid of these ads!

How does this heater works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bonez, Nov 8, 2012.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

2. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

It goes under the dash should have two water hoses going to it just like any car heater.

You wire the fan to blow air out into the car and you should be able to run flex duct from it for windshield defrosters.

3. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Recirculated hot water.

4. I see no water hose connections - are you guys sure it isn't an Electric Heater?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's how I read it, too. Electric. No mention of water.

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

Looks like its just a 12 volt self contained electric heater. Not much of a description in the ad.

7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Why not give them a call, I'm sure they would be more than happy to tell you how it works.
    KK

8. kma4444

kma4444

If it's purely electric, I would think my answer on how it would work would be, Not Very Well. It takes way too much current at 12v to create much useful heat.

9. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

63-66 chevy truck heater are really simple and compac 3 mounting bolts and 2 holes for your hoses :D

10. Not very well if it's a 12 volt electric heater,,the one I had was junk. HRP

11. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I've had one of those. It's a hot water heater. Macs sells the same thing for $270.

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thanx. Im in europe, that why im not calling, but other than that, my doubt was exactly that, water or electric?
    If its a water heater it could do. I only have windshield defroster on my daily, and a second unit would help.

So, any other alternatives? Even vintage stuff, not older than the 60s tho.

13. Lots of small basic simple to set up water/fan heaters in old pommiemobiles from the 50's/60's. Probably are also in old renaults and such as well.

14. Gator

Gator

I'm 99% positive that's a hot water type heater - the night prowlers guys is a Hamber, do a search, they have a thread going now about there site getting jacked.

Also, here's an alternative from Summit racing, compact, 12 volt, hot water type, and less than $150 as well.

[​IMG]