Register now to get rid of these ads!

How does my Model A look now!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Mar 2, 2008.

1. SOLO

SOLO

Chri the A looks sweet! I have thought of doing the same idea with the dropped axle on my stock 31. Look forward to seeing it at Billetproof. Keep it up!

2. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Chris,

You do not have to machine the lip off the backing plates on the rear. Just use a axle shim or two and they will not bind. I have been running it that way on my AV8 coupe for several years. The only thing is you have to retorque the rear castle nuts about once a year or every 500 miles.

3. Rand Man

Rand Man

What if a guy drilled the wishbone (in the right spot) and ran the tie rod (or drag link)through the wishbone? I have drilled bones on my rail and I think the largest holes are at least 7/8". I could be way off. Don't have the car here where I can walk out and take a look. It would take some accurate measurement. I've been thinking of building a jig to drop axles. It could be dropped a specific amount.

4. I guess you could, but the hold would have to be fairly large and long (wishbone travles back and forth as you turn) and I owuld see that as weakening the wishbone.

5. Rand Man

Rand Man

OK, you're saying it would have to be more of a slot in the wishbone. I was half asleep when I wrote that this moring.

6. Elrod

Elrod

Yeah. Like this...

Attached Files:

carothersbs likes this.
  7. Exactly, thanks Elrod :D

8. I havn't posted progress in a while, so here you go. I yanked the rear end out, put new bearings/seals in it, tightened the pinion nuts, checked everything (it looked great) so back togeather it went. Also swaped the A spring for a T. I'm really glad I tore it apart, there was no drive shaft bearing in it at all!!!! I also tore apart the V8 tranny I'm putting in, cleaned it, new bearings, bushings and front shaft.
    Tonight I pulled the stock tranny out, and I was working on the V8 tranny going in. Everything was all fine and dandy until I realized ACR sent me a "B" mounting kit, not a V8, so I'm stuck. I'm gonna call em tommarow, and beg and plead them to rush me the correct parts, I really want to get the tranny and rearend back into the car!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. GARY?

GARY?

That "A" is lookin' the "T"s!!!
    The dimple on the the backing plate is genius.
    Also the shim idea somebody else had on the axle to clear the backing plate is s-m-r-t.
    "Chocked full-o-goodness!!!"

Chris, this one look familiar?:D:D

Attached Files:

10. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Looks damn good to me!

11. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Heyyy that looks familiar to me too. i sold that to Chris.

12. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

oh man, that's awesome !! and the motor ?? scha-wingggg !!!
    that's gonna be one sweet ride when it's done.

13. Thanks Corn boy, glad to see your workin on the ol T!!! Are you goin to the Portland swap meet?

14. GARY?

GARY?

Yeah, I'll be there. At least Fri. and Sat. Pm me your number I'll call you when I'm there, I'll send you mine.

Chicken coupe- My turn:D:D:D I'm trying to get it drivable by August, Any idea when was the last time it cruised the streets?

15. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Well its kinda a long story about the t roadster. i got it from a guy who bought it from another guy who built it and its sister T, one ran, and yours never did, if your wondering why its completely gutted its becuase the original "builder" built it probly in the late 90s and had a sheetmetal "interior" that i ripped out. it sucked. so it probly hasnt been on the road since id guess the 70s or 80s or something..long story short, i have no idea hahaha. but its pretty solid

16. Well, got the trans all ready to go in the car, I am waiting on ACR to get me the correct wishbone locater and clutch arm. With fingers crossed I'll have those parts tomarow, and have it in the car tomarow night! The rear end is ready to go, but I'm going to run the brake lines on the rear before it goes in, and (hopefully) if I'm not to busy, get it back in the car this weekend.
    I gotta say ACR's V trans adapt kit is very nice, everything fit nice and neat. Hopefully it works just as well ;)

Attached Files:

17. Got the tranny in at 2am! Hooked up and works well, I fired it up, everything works well! I also started running brake lines, and I'm happy to see the line clears the shackles!!!
    More updates to come

Attached Files:

18. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

Neat looking Model A!! Any progress on the '34 sedan?

19. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

Nice car chris...I say no 32' parts...no chop or channel
    that banger motor looks cool lots of guys are running those
    newer brakes i say are required.

20. No, I gotta get this car done before I start on the 34. I should have this wrapped up in a month or so, then off to another project :)

21. Finally got the rear back in the car! I fought a problem for a couple weeks on it, ended up being a bent housing! So here the car is, back on 4 wheels. The T spring really lowered it, it sits exactly how I wanted. I'll have to get some shocks for the car, the rear is pretty springy. The rear end looks like it is a little far back, but I don't have the front of the torque tube bolted up to the trans, just had to get a couple pics!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. premium

premium
    from Goergia

Fuggn Swaheeet!

23. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Ditto.

Looks friggin' awesome.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Very cool, looks like a hot rod.

25. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Love it dude. You are doing the right things to make it a real traditional hot rod IMO.

26. Thanks for the comments guys, really makes my day! I love the way the car sits now :D

27. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Been following for a while...really cool car you have there. :) I look forward to the updates...

28. myke

myke
    from SoCal

looks great. The stance is perfect.

29. VonKool13

VonKool13

Nailed it for sure!!

30. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Dude that is inspiring, ive been lookin high and low for a stock model A thats in decent shape...........................i NEED one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its too cool cris you nailed her! -jordan