Register now to get rid of these ads!

How does my Model A look now!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Mar 2, 2008.

1. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

You can't beat Model 'A' Fords,Looks KILLER!

2. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

I second that!
    The stance is looking great.
    Love the 'paint' job.
    I like the full fenders and hood too.
    Are you gonna chop it?

......I'm jealous.

:D

3. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I like nice it. Cool look!

4. Nope, no chop on this one. Thanks for the coments :D

5. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

6. pitman

pitman

X 2 ! :D

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Chicken......

Get the hood louvered on the '41????

8. I actually love the look this car has un-chopped. Don't get me wrong, I love anything chopped, but this car as-is does it for me quite well (plus I can fit in it well :D)

Ended up getting the hood louvered here in town, should be done this week. I will keep all informed.

9. Looks Great, How deep is the drop on that axle? I'm looking for a similar stance on my RPU.

10. The axle is a 4" drop, a couple leafs removed, and a reverse eye on the spring. About 5 1/2-6" drop total

carothersbs likes this.
  11. Sweet thanks for the info man! Luke

12. blackjack21

blackjack21
    from Denver, CO

Yup... I think I have the sister to your Coupe. Your right, they are very similar... Enjoy!

-T

[​IMG]

13. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Tell me this, how much do you have into that model B engine?

14. boxstr

boxstr

Sweet, That is a great looking rod. I am really liking the unchopped look. My new to me 29 5 window is going to be unchopped.
    Craig

15. Your sedan is seriously one of my favorite A's!!! When I saw it on the banger thread, I was just putting together my dropped axle, and was thinking "I hope my car will sit like that" :D It's so cool, I'll go in the garage and just stare at my coupe and smile...and the backs not even done yet!!!

Now, hope the rear tires will fit the fenders like yours :D

16. Oh, not as much as people might think. I got the engine in a horse trade, only needed rings and gaskets (has a counter balanced crank and lightened flywheel).....but I bought adjustable lifters and a Winfield SU-1R cam, got the Burns intake at the Monroe swap meet last year, head and header are new from Red's, two 81's (ouch!), Mallory with stock pop-out and spark advance was an Ebay item, V8 tranny adapter from ACR, B fuel pump, bells, whistles, such......Wait, maybe I have MORE into it than people think :D:D:D

17. couverkid

couverkid

Chris the ol coupe is looking good.

18. wayfarer

wayfarer

Looking good, Chris, I can't wait to see it in person. Can I have a ride?

19. Thanks man, does it sit like your Dad's 32?? :D

20. You bet, just let me get the brakes hooked up first!!! I just finished my shop, maybe a meet-n-greet at my place is in order???

21. dart165

dart165

looks good dude!

22. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

I like it.. alot...
    -Anthony

23. Thanks for the coments guys :)

24. Looks great Chris, What are your plans for mounting the rear of that v/8 trans? I have an idea I'd like to try if I ever get time. PM me if you'd like details. I'm also a "banger" fan.[​IMG]

25. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

So did you buy this as a old resto and hot rod it out? Love that car BTW
    The more stupid Rat Rods and crazy chopped/channeled cars I see the more I like the more stock rods. Don't get me wron I love chopped cars and channeled cars but I guess after seeing so many done to the extreme I guess it just gets boring. I would love to get myself one of those crisp restored A's and bolt on hop up parts while still daily driving it and surprising fools from the stop lights. Would be like a full size model car just bolting on stuff until that gets boring.

26. I bought the kit from ACR for mounting the tranny to the block, and the rear will bolt up to the torque tube, so I don't think theres an issue! It also has brackets to mount the peddels, E brake, wishbone, ect, soit should be a bolt in deal...anything I'm missing?

27. Yeah, this car sat in a garage since 1962, I bought it Feb 22nd of 2007. Drove it all last summer stock, then started to hop it up a little this winter. It has an OLD brushed black paint job, should shine up I hope:D Heres a pic how it looked before....

Attached Files:

28. hershambob

hershambob

ok chris you need to find me one or a 30/31 truck,,,,,.looks great,,bob
    vonmoldy,your so right

29. I'll keep my eyes peeled ;)

30. Rand Man

Rand Man

I've often said this is the way to go. This is traditional hot rodding at it's essence.