Register now to get rid of these ads!

how do you messure for a pulley?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead31coupe, Oct 10, 2013.

1. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

on my 440 from the water pump fan mount to the edge of the crank pulley is 1 1/2'' from the w/p fam mount to the center of the crank pulley groove is 1 7/8 or so... need to know what w/p pulley size I need to look for,,...I know the dia has to be under 6'' or it will hit the crank pulley..looking for height messurement.

2. 73RR

73RR

...not too sure what the question is on this...
    Is there a reason you cannot use the oem part? There are/were several different units available based on the accessories.

3. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

there are different pulley depths, or how far they set in or out, in relationship to the crank pulley grooves, when I find one somewhere, that has mesurments like 6 1/4 dia, and 1 1/2'' deep how is the depth messured from where to where... I took a three groove crank pulley, cut to grooves off and finished it out and made a factory looking single groove should work well, trying to find a matching w/p pulley...