Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do you fuel your Rod lets see some pics of fuel cap locations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B-Ray, Oct 4, 2009.

1. B-Ray

B-Ray

hey folks I gotta 31 tudor and wanna see some creative ways to get fuel in your rides. Where and how did you locate your fuel caps.

Thanks B-Ray

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. B-Ray

B-Ray

no one has cool fuel cap/door location that looks traditional not streetrodish
    anyone anyone Bueller

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

It all depends on where your gas tank is located, how you designed the interior, etc.
    I built a custom tank that sits inside of a framework that just inside of the rear body, about 2" from the 9" Ford rear end housing.
    Anyway, I looked at numerous caps and doors that could be used and decided on a small 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" door that is next to the drivers side rear window to fill my 17 gallon tank that my Nailhead can emty in to few of miles.

[​IMG]

4. Black Primer

Black Primer

Made this cover for mine.

Attached Files:

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Here are a couple more pictures to show you the design....basicly, I had to creat a way to put 10# of crap in a 1# bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

7. [​IMG]I put a 48 chevy pickup tank that I sectioned 5 inches out of behind the back seat, and fill it through the top corner. 50 chev gas cap fits flush, and has the same contour as the cab corner. When the car is painted, the cap will be the same color.