Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do we PM with new format ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Don's Hot Rods, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I want to send another member a PM but I no longer see a drop down when I click on their user name that says "PM". I see "start conversation" but that doesn't look like it is a private discussion to me.

It may be obvious how to do it, but computers and me aren't on speaking terms. :rolleyes:

Don

2. Pms are now called "conversations", Don, and I guess they're as private as the pms were.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thanks for that info. I thought they might be the same, but the part that confused me was where it mentioned other people could join in, or something to that effect. Also, I see some conversations are open when I click on that red thing on the right side of the banner, but I don't know how to respond or if I am supposed to.

It was just so much easier under the old system, you got a flashing thingie that told you there was a PM for you.

Don

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Don, if you do get a "Conversation" a notice comes in an email first, then you click on a box to post your reply. It works fine once you get used to it. Bob

5. If the envelope tab is red on the top banner then it means you have a new message. If you want to reply just click on the message and it will open and you reply just as you always have as to whether you should reply or not I guess that is up to you.:D

One of the new features of the conversation that you referred to is you can have a conversation with multiple people if you like so if a few guys wanted to discuss something in private they could all do it all at once like sending an email to multiple people.

About the only thing that has changed from PM's (unless you use the new features) is what it is called and the fact that you need to look at the top bar when you log in to see if you have a message rather than have it pop up like it use to.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. pitman

pitman

Good help here! Thanks.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thanks, guys. I figured if I was having that question some others might too. Now I understand better.

Don