Register now to get rid of these ads!

how do i get my 36 chevy on the ground

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skyrodder, Jun 25, 2007.

1. skyrodder

skyrodder

OK here is the deal, I kinda know my way around customs , but I have really never done any frame work, or suspension work besides cutting my springs and step notching my frame on my 54 210, now I have a 36 Chevy Pickup that I wanna lower to the ground, but not sure how to.. and another thing is that i was told not to channel the cab any lower than the frame, and it looks to me that its there already, so my questions are.. how can i lower the truck and if i "z" the frame where do i start??

thanks in advance guys,

I did do a search ,but couldnt find what i was looking for

another dumb question what are the bars for in the pic below and will i need them as well?? i dont see them on all the trucks like these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Where is the busted sewer pipe going to go?

Those are called "Rudy bars" and ALL "Rudy trucks" should have them. Sheesh!

3. skyrodder

skyrodder

replaced the sewage pipes at my house it was nastyyyyy... anyway......"rudy trucks"?

4. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

your best bet for getting that truck on the ground is just to give it to me..
    the bars are radius rods/hairpins, or you could use split wishbones..i'm sure the truck in the pic is more than likely running on a model A or similar frame, with a z at the firewall, and a transverse leaf spring front end..a little z here, dropped beam, and suicide perch and you could be that low too..