Register now to get rid of these ads!

How Do I Adjust Bob Drake '34 Headlights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35 Woodie, Sep 3, 2012.

1. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

I just installed Bob Drake '34 headlights on a Limeworks headlight bar on my '32 roadster. I drilled a second hole to run stainless cables to the grille shell.

The hollow mounting bolt seems to be fastened in the bucket with a plate and four small nuts/bolts. The top of the hollow mounting bolt appears to have a hemispherical end on top that should allow up and down headlight adjustment. However, loosening the four bolts does not seem to allow movement of the hollow bolt.

Are these Drake units non-adjustable or am I just not using enough force to move them?

Attached Files:

2. you loosen the mounting bolt and move it around , leave those 4 small bolts alone. if you don't have enough up/down travel sometimes you have to make the slot longer with a square file

3. If you have them adjusted down as far as they need to be you can loosen up the bolts in your headlight bar where it mounts to the frame and add one or more flat washers to the rear bolt to tilt everything forward or reverse the washers to raise the lights. HRP

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

didja ever think about calling Drake's and asking them?

5. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

Yes, but they are closed for Labor Day!

6. CruZer

CruZer

I have the same problem with my '34 lights from Drake, but I was told these are not adjustable.??????
    I'll try the "file the slot" fix next time I have them out. Right now one points straight ahead and one points down a bit.