Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical How did your 401 nailhead fit ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wood remover, Jan 11, 2021.

1. iafraser39

iafraser39
    from Warmland

Hers mine 425 in a 28 RPU with a switch pitch . the engine set back 3 " and
    I run a full hood. P1010002.JPG

Hamtown Al and fegsta like this.
  2. Wood Remover- started collecting exhaust manifolds yesterday. The one on the left is the driver's side out of a 61 LeSabre. The center one is the passenger side of the same car. The one on the right is the drivers side out of a 60 LeSabre. As I acquire more I will post pictures and once I see what will work for my 40, will let you know what I have left over. I am pretty sure the one out of the 60 is what AL used.

Attached Files:

3. Looks like you may have some luck there.
    Not many old wreckers here in Ontario ,canada
    and the one's that are left around are pretty picked over .

4. This source is just a collection of old cars that I have access to. Only a hand full of Buicks there, but not picked over too much, which is why the manifolds are still there. I still have a 58 to look at, and a 64 station wagon, but I think they dump to the rear on both sides. We will see.

5. Once you get the engine in for the first trial fit, you should know if your headers will work or if you need manifolds. PM me if you need one for the driver's side.