Register now to get rid of these ads!

How come no one's bought this Deuce for $1,500???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seymour, Apr 15, 2006.

1. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

2. Muttley

Muttley

Because it's beat to death? Seriously....it looks like two dogs fought over it, theres no firewall and it's overpriced by about $700 bucks.

3. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I thought it was really solid, then again, I start with stuff I can afford/fix. I guess the other dog got the firewall. lol :D

4. DrJ

DrJ

Maybe becasue the SOLD AS IS! message is so big it's scaring people off.
    And it looks to be pieced together from possibly odd pieces.
    There's no firewall...important part!
    It's on eBay and eBay sucks.

5. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Hell the fucking doors are worth a mint...not to mention the dash and frame. Some people are to use to getting this shit for free.....

6. It will bring that for sure as Arkansas metal is much solid'r than some...also that frame is good fodder too...
    AS for that -AS IS- manifesto- I agree with that idea totally..........If you dont some asshole will "assume" he is buying it with some idiotic "dream warranty" which covers a million points of :D whining- [till he gets his money back], if it's a 70 year old car with any rust!

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

By comparison to all the crap that gets advertised out here - thats not a bad deal, esp with an original chassis.

shit that'd sell for over $A8K if a dealer had it on this side of the Pacific!!

Hey maybe a gold chainer should buy it, stick it on a SoCal Chassis, and go drive it to the next "Kulture" do. It'd fit in well with all the other P.O.S. death traps some Temporary Americans are intent driving. ;)

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Ya, seems like a pretty solid deal to me! By the time I paid for transportation I was in almost that much for mine and the frame was unuseable and it was missing a door! It did have the firewall, though. Ain't much left on this coast...

9. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

After buying three 34 cabs now, I can pretty safely say that one is high by about $800 if not more. The nearly perfect cab I'm using on my project I found for $750. And seriously, it really was almost perfect. Add in the missing firewall, the fact that a 32 is less desireable as far as pickups go, and I'd be suprised if someone buys it. Wait, no, on Ebay, someone might. I'm not trying to bag on it too hard, it IS worth $600-700.

10. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Why are '32s less desirable? I always thought the wide beltline around the back wasn't as pretty.

11. i paid 300 for mine, and it was in better shape. but i did replace the back cab wall with a better piece i found for 60!!

i'm glad i decided not to sell mine!!

12. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

My buddy just sold a pretty decent cab for 5 bills. I thought that was plenty
    cheap. Getting to your door could darn near double the price.
    Rod

13. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Eh, not really stating that as fact, I guess. Most people that are looking for one always seem to want a "34". But that could just as well be because 75% of people don't know the damn difference.

I've always loved the 34 rear section, I think the belt does a lot to liven up the rear panel. 33/34 firewall provides mucho more footroom too, which I know is a factor for some folks.

14. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Ahh... I see. Good thing I'm short! :D I'd rather have a '34 if it wasn't gonna get chopped, but if chopped, '32/'33 are cool to me b/c you can take some out from under the window.

15. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Have you tried to sit in onna them....you gotta be a jocky!:)

16. titus

titus

I too think its a good deal, doesnt look like anybody looking at this post ever had to find a good 33-34 chassis, they are between 500 and 1500 so really it is a good deal, you figure $750 for the frame and $750 for the cab, hell if it were close id buy it in a heart beat, well cause im looking for another 33/4 frame and then i could resell the cab and have a frame. but its to far away.

jeff

17. Whether its a 32 or 34 is little whup to me if I wanna build a truck....I will say this- that is I believe a TRUCK frame and not a apass or 1/2 ton...that is not a bad thing friends-its a 1/4" thick steel.
    It also has an additional 2" of 'sweep from the firewall forwards[lowering the stance for free].
    It is about 2" taller thru its mid section under that cab...trim the 2" off and you end up with a slight"channel of the 32 or a total of 4" lowering WITHOUT a dropped axle!

18. Rand Man

Rand Man

Man that's tempting. That little town is just down the road from me. I'm gonna try to take a look at it this week. I've been collecting parts for a '29 Ford pickup. The '29 pickup doors are almost impossible to find.

19. titus

titus

Didnt know if you seen it or not but the add said its a 33/34 1/4 ton frame which is the same as a 33/34 passenger frame but a little thicker steel i belive. Ive seen the bigger (1 tons? or what ever you want to consider them)frames used too.
    jeff