Register now to get rid of these ads!

How can you tell?? 30' or 31' std or dlx

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAKERSFIELD, Mar 22, 2007.

1. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

How can I tell between a 30' or 31' and how can you tell if it's a Deluxe or a standard coupe?
    Thanks!

2. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

'30 had a split in the splash apron at the front of the body and '31 didn't,Does it have a teardrop in the Pass. side of the firewall at the factory fuel outlet? Does it have a rumble seat or trunk?rumbleseats were only deluxe coupes I belive and the teardrop was a late '31 thing these are they only ways I remember though from when we restored mine(I was 9)it was 12 years ago so I may have for got some.

3. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

cowl lights should be a deluxe item i believe and the window crank trim is different also in a deluxe.

4. 31aBoy

31aBoy

5. Reds 29

Reds 29

31's had the grille shell painted at the top and the bottom, while 30's only had paint at the bottom. Late 31's had the fuel shut off on the outside of the firewall, and the indent that went with it.

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If it is complete car, the immediate 30 or 31 giveaways are the two-piece aprons (1930, front fenders have front section of apron welded to them and rear section is one-piece with runningboard) and one piece radiator shell (1930) with a blue cloissonne Ford oval emblem, 31s have one-piece aprons and runningboard rubber with moulded oval edging and a radiator shell with a painted insert at the top witha stainless oval emblem. 30s may have oval or round speedometers, 31s have round only. Fuel shut-ff valve is inside on all 1930 and most 31, except late 31 with indented firewall and outside shutoff valve.

Std and DeLuxe... perhaps 2 taillamps, cowl lamps, sidemounted spare or spares, luggage rack, rumble seat, roll-down back window, perhaps not. So many Std cars have been modified over the years it is hard to say in most cases.

7. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

Thanks for all the help guys! I think I got'er. You learn something new every day!

8. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

Just to make sure.. My car has the a shell that is painted on the botton only, spare tire spot in driver fender and on the firewall I am not sure what is what. Oh and it is a rumbel seat car.

9. warbozz

warbozz

A lot of people assume that the solid stainless top radiator shell is always a '30, but '31 Standards up 'til about April '31 had them- they were using up the leftovers. On a coupe the biggest Std./Deluxe difference is interior trim, which likely has been modified over the years.