Register now to get rid of these ads!

how big is it? 1946-48 ford measurements

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hey guys,

Need a little help with some funny measurments, I've got an old ford coming my way from further south and need some measurments for my hauler. If the car was sitting right in front of me id just go measure but you know how that goes.

I need the length bumper to bumper, not wheel base, of a 1946 ford tudor. I would assume that a coupe measurement would be about the same seeing as the wheel base is the same but I could be wrong.

I also need the width of the car at the widest point of the front fenders, and at the back fenders.

If you also feel like measureing more things while you at it how tall the body is from the bottom of the rockers to the top of the car. this ones not as important as the other two though.

The guy that has the car currently is busy tonight so the next time ill be able to reach him is tomorrow afternoon so I figured I'd through a post up and see if I could save any time. Other wise I'd ahve just rung him and asked him to measure for me.

Thanx in advance :)

timm

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

3. blt2go

blt2go

hope this helps.

The following Ford Super Deluxe Tudor Sedan versions and sub-models were available in 1946:
    <CENTER><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" class=v>1946 FORD SUPER DELUXE TUDOR SEDAN Six

Characteristics of FORD SUPER DELUXE TUDOR SEDAN Six model year 1946, version for North America U.S. with 2-door sedan body type, RWD (rear-wheel drive) and manual 3-speed gearbox. Basic specs and characteristics: petrol (gasoline) engine of 3700 cm3 / 225.8 cui displacement with advertised power 67 kW / 90 hp / 91 PS ( SAE ) / 3300 and 244 Nm / 180 lb-ft / 1200 of torque. Dimensions: this model outside length is 4983 mm / 196.2 in, it&#8217;s 1800 mm / 70.9 in wide and has wheelbase of 2896 mm / 114 in. The value of a drag coefficient, estimated by a-c, is Cd = 0.65 . Standard wheels were fitted with tires size 6.00 x 16. Reference vehicle weights are: shipping weight 1432 kg / 3157 lbs estimated curb weight 1540 kg / 3390 lbs . How fast is it ? Performance: top speed 125 km/h (78 mph) (theoretical); accelerations 0- 60 mph 21.2 s; 0- 100 km/h 23 s (a-c simulation); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 22.4 s (a-c simulation). Fuel consumption and mileage: official: , average estimated by a-c: 18 l/100km / 15.7 mpg (imp.) / 13 mpg (U.S.) / 5.5 km/l . To view table with this car complete performance data and technical specifications (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, inside and outside dimensions, acceleration graphs etc.) and more photos - click the button below:
    <FORM method=post action=/auta_details1.php target=_blank><INPUT title="View more details of FORD SUPER DELUXE TUDOR SEDAN Six described above - full technical and performance data, specifications, photos, etc." value="Continue to detailed specs & photos --->>" alt="View more details of FORD SUPER DELUXE TUDOR SEDAN Six described above - full technical and performance data, specifications, photos, etc." type=submit><INPUT value=240536 type=hidden name=identyfikator><INPUT value=1946 type=hidden name=rok></FORM>
    </TD>
    </TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" class=v>1946 FORD SUPER DELUXE TUDOR SEDAN V-8

Info on FORD SUPER DELUXE TUDOR SEDAN V-8 model year 1946, version for North America U.S. with 2-door sedan body type, RWD (rear-wheel drive) and manual 3-speed gearbox. Basic specs and characteristics: petrol (gasoline) engine of 3923 cm3 / 239.4 cui displacement with advertised power 74.5 kW / 100 hp / 101 PS ( SAE ) / 3800 and 244 Nm / 180 lb-ft / 2000 of torque. Dimensions: this model outside length is 4983 mm / 196.2 in, it&#8217;s 1800 mm / 70.9 in wide and has wheelbase of 2896 mm / 114 in. The value of a drag coefficient, estimated by a-c, is Cd = 0.65 . Standard wheels were fitted with tires size 6.00 x 16. Reference vehicle weights are: shipping weight 1447 kg / 3190 lbs estimated curb weight 1560 kg / 3440 lbs . How fast is it ? Performance: top speed 131 km/h (81 mph) (theoretical); accelerations 0- 60 mph 18.5 s; 0- 100 km/h 19.9 s (a-c simulation); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 21.2 s (a-c simulation). Fuel consumption and mileage: official: , average estimated by a-c: 18.4 l/100km / 15.3 mpg (imp.) / 12.8 mpg (U.S.) / 5.4 km/l . To view table with this car complete performance data and technical specifications (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, inside and outside dimensions, acceleration graphs etc.) and more photos - click the button below:
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </CENTER>

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

wow awesome! thats perfect thank you!

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

ok so quick follow up, its looking like the width is 70.9 inches. which with an axel that measures roughly 60 ish inches from backing plate mounting flange to flange sounds about right.

but thats showing an outside length of 196.2, id thought maybe that would be my length for bumper to bumper but with a wheel base of 114 thats leaving roughly 41 inches hanging past the center of each wheel front and back?

i can beleive that for the rear as its got a hell of an ass on that car, but on the front? no way its that far. so im going to assume that outside length is up and over the center of the car, over the top.

i tried clicking on the buttons/links that your post had but they didnt link to anything. maybe they have the measurement im looking for?

if i dont hear from any one ill post what it is when i eventualy figure it out :)

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

ok my bad, a little mental math flub.
    looking at a side photo with 16 inch wheels for scale that number actualy is correct. its something like 64 from the center of the back wheel to the tip of the bumper and the change off the front.

im sure my measureing with my thumb has got the ratio "slightly" off but the 196.2 measurement does seem to be right after i looked better at the profile shot.

so ill finish rambling to myself and conclude that i got what i was looking for ha, thanx