Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How are everyone's Mercury projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Lets not!!!!!

2. One of the parts Mercs (51 coupe) I will be pieceing out has an overdrive manual trans in it. I dont know much about its condition but its all there and the car was in solid shape before we cut the floor out of it for my brothers 51. Hope to be posting a bunch of other stuff also after I get home from helping my folks with their North Dakota flood efforts. (2) 51 back windows and surrounds, rearends, frontend parts, a whole front clip, pedals assy, etc. The other car is a rusty 50 moredoor. PM me if you are looking for anything and Ill get to ya as soon as I get back in town.

3. Dblbeard

Dblbeard

4. jfrolka

jfrolka

BMW has a leather cleaner that does miracles to white seats FAST

5. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Just makin sure you're still payin attention jeffsled! :). How's ur merc and caddy mill?

6. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I got the wasps out of my quarter panel, friggin finally. Bout time to get the inner rockers mounted on the Olds chassis, get the body firmly on there, and once the nose is on, brakes and steering tied in, maybe even put a battery in it and try to start it. Ha! But...I got the wasps out of the quarter panel. Little victories, cherish them wherever possible.

7. Skirv

Skirv

8. Oh, im payin attention.:D The new mill is a dream for me man,I really cant explain in words how much I love the way it runs and sounds.The new headers made a big difference and I thought it ran good before.

Thanks for asking man,how are things going for you and your car?

9. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Glad to hear it! Going well here; just letting this Merc take me down its own path. I never thought I'd put so much time into custom taillights or the correct radius of hood corners! Thank God for the great minds on the HAMB!

10. Gotta say my motivation to finish the car went up 1000% once I started driving it around. Sure I had to get towed once, and the car spent a week at a friend's shop dealing with some tuning/ car issues, but now I can't wait to finish the front grille, door window glass and then finally turn my focus on the interior. I just find myself dealing with other stuff like my 4 and 6 yr old boys, birthday parties, and that thing called work. :)

11. Skirv

Skirv

I ordered some new tires (7.10X15 wide white Stones) for the front of my 51. I hope they fit in there...the car sits pretty low. They should be here Monday so we'll see. I'm also looking into an early to mid-50's steering wheel for it but haven't decided which to use. It's Glassguys old car "The Jerkury" that I own now for those that are familiar with it.

12. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Working on taillights and bumpers. Going to classifieds, but does anyone have 51 bumper guards/overrider? I need front and rear; thanks gents.

13. modelamac

modelamac

Found it on the H.A.M.B. Classifieds...

Stewed over it for about a month, finally called on it...

went to look at it a few days later....

Got it home last Saturday!

Had dad and my wife shaking their heads and saying "What the hell did you bring another car home for" all with a smile....

Spent last night in the garage putting a new tank and fuel pump on, with help from my wife, dad and good friends.

Fired it up... got it running! sounds great, no smoke, no strange noises!

Going to try to find some cheap tires... Then take a trip around the neighborhood this weekend!

The neighbors just love me!

Oh... and seeing my 71 year old dad with a smile bigger than Texas on his face after the old Merc started, and my wife laughing her ass off at us was the best part of the whole night!

Attached Files:

14. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

i have rear...pm me......i need parts too:D

pre,51 back glass&frame,,hood and both front fenders...(i have lots of little stuff left over ) heater box ,,some chrome trim ect.. ill help if i can

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Heres mine, yesterday. One of my best friends, Russ Montalbano at Summit Rod and Custom is giving it a goin over for me as I sit back and enjoy the show! Im thinking about adding a third taillight on each side.

Attached Files:

16. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

This was in the salvage yard by my brothers...waiting for the crusher...

Attached Files:

17. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

00 MACK, I like the look of two taillights on each side. Three might be overdoing it.

18. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

OO MACK Three tailights on each side will be too much.

19. I vote against the multiple taillights!!!!!

20. If you do 3 I'll put my '59 caddy ones back in... but only on one side. :)

21. John, I have the armrest pics just looking for time to send them. They are the steel ones. not the ones with plastic bottoms. 50 mercs I think.

22. Mine had the double treatment.....uh,no thanks.

Attached Files:

23. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

r u using zepher door bottons?

24. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Hey redeye, I never got the pics you were sending on the 51 merc bumper guards... thanks, Chop

25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I was kidding. I am leaving two on each side, only because they were done in 1955 by Frank Maratta in Hartford Conn getting it ready for the 56 Autorama.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  26. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

zephers are awesome very seriously considering runnin them on my car,,,all 4doors and trunk? something other than just shaving....found some 41 stude tail lights at a yard sale for 15$ :eek::D:Dbut they dont look the same on a 51 as they do on a 49:confused:

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The buttons you're talking about arent only Zephyr. Google it.

28. hellcat666

hellcat666

The tailights in Ants car are badass..they may not be exactly my style, but the fact that theyv been in that cars since like 56 is cool in my book. eaither way this thred isnt about critisizing anyones car, so lets see some more pics of what everyones workin on!

29. Mercs back from interior shop!!! If ya didnt see it somewhere else!!

Attached Files: