Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How are everyone's Mercury projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Jul 14, 2009.

1. [​IMG]
    Coming along great! Jimmy White from Circle City HotRods just made me some new headers and I think they are just stunning.We got everything back together yesterday and I drove the shit out of it for a while.It is breathing so good and running very smooth and the sound is exactly what I was looking for.The Cad is very happy with the new headers and its nice to have it running the way it should.Just wanted to thank C.C.H.R. again.........quality work right here.Remember making headers for a Cad motor in merc isnt a job for the faint of heart,there is some stuff you have to go around.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. [​IMG]
    Just another shot,I wish I could of taken a picture of the driverside because that is the side that runs right into the steering box and the way Jimmy did it is a work of art.All I was able to get was the passenger side.

3. [​IMG]
    On the road again. Sorry guys I only know how to post one pic at a time.

4. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Jeff those look awesome.

5. Thanks man.....I hope everything has been good since I saw you at Arrowhead.

6. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Jimmy makes some awesome headers...and that's not all...glad to see your Merc rollin again, Jeff :)

7. hotdamn

hotdamn

those headers are rad!

I wish I had the time to get started on mine...

hopefully I can have my 54 wrapped up here by spring then I can get started on it:)

8. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Thanks.Everything is good.Working a lot and trying to save some money to get started on my merc.Got a photo shoot for my merc tomorrow.I'm excited about that.Hope things are good with you.

9. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Got the body back from media blasting....
    Tomorrow, hitting both sides of everything with primer.

Attached Files:

10. papo49merc

papo49merc
    from La Habra

Mine is headed to the media blaster.

11. I've said it before...."White is the new Shine" hahaha! Jimmy's work is amazing. Still haven't seen it in person yet,Jeff! Only pic's.

12. 5w32

5w32

mine is going way too slow, the studebaker is getting all the attention for now

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wifes car is going slow! Kicked to the side for a while to build mine.

14. Well, my 51 is at the upholstery shop and this one followed me home today!!!! Needs a little work and some finishing up where the previous owner left off but soon to be my daily driver!!!

Attached Files:

15. Nice purchase, what mill is that?

16. By the numbers its a 1958 283 CID Chevrolet with a 2 speed powerglide. I dont know how long its been in this Merc but it was done a long time ago. I plan on cleaning it up a little and shed the aluminum covers and shorty headers for a set cast ram horns and driving it!

17. Nice. Do you want to share the colors you are using for your interior?

18. Headers look awesome Jeff!!

You can post mulitple pictures by putting the cursor right on the bottom right corner of your last picture and hitting enter the cursor should move to the next line then add your next picture.

19. White with black carpet. I plan on driving the 51 so I had to go with a darkeer floor covering but the rest is going to look like a good Tijuana tuck and roll job from back in the day!!! Hope to have it back in a week or two.

20. What are your plans for the radio? I could sure use that suround piece for mine!!!! ??????

21. I'm thinking white or ivory headliner, body-colored garnish moldings, and a dark carpet since I have two boys under the age of 7. As for the seats and door panels, dunno yet. But white outer and darker center sections would probably make sense.

22. [​IMG]
    Ether.......... You got yourself a sweet car right here,I really dig this one. I wish it still had the flathead but it is a nice car. :)

23. Thanks Jeff, Ive been chasing this one for over 4 months! When I first found it (craigslist score) I was hoping it had a flatty in it too!!! The 1958 283 has the old front plate mount and has been in it fo a long time. Im curious how old the install is. The owner, who passed, had done a ton of updates and upgrades. New brakes all around, under floor booster and dual reservoir, drop spindles and coils, new shocks, completely new frontend rebuild, upgrades sway bar, electric wipers, started installing new harness, etc,etc!!! Not one lick of rust and a personalized 1976 Georgia plate "ITSA49" It would be hard to cut this one up and convert it into a two door like my other one but who know, for now, a little lower in the rear, a set of 51 steel skirts, and DRIVIN IT!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  24. Ether .......everything you said is what I would do to it and no I would not cut it up and I foresure wouldnt make it into a 2 door !! This car has class and I would love to cruise it just the way it is.It was born a 4 door and thats how I would leave it.When I got my car when it was a virgin it was just a little darker then this but the interior looks almost exactly the same.Congrats on the merc man!!!! Oh ya ,at least the SBC in it is a old one and has some history to add to the character of the car.

25. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

nice ride Chad do not cut it up! 4' blocks in the rear skirts and roll out!!!!

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice score Ether !! Cant wait to see the x 4doors new guts!

27. Finishing up the 4" chop and body work...never ending!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

28. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Nice chop Wes; there must be some magic in that jug of wine you been drinkin!

29. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Slowly coming together.

Attached Files: