Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How are everyone's Mercury projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Smokey2

Smokey2

Enjoyed reading your posts,
    We did'nt have the Advantage of RUST! When I was Buildin Mercs., I Know!, I missed Alot, But, I'll Let you Younger Guys "have ALL tha' FUN!! Love Mercs.

Posted Today: TrioxinKustoms, '53 Chevy Build. Romney, W. Va.
    That's Me KAR!

Next Project, 54 Chebbie Hart Top, Chopped !! :cool:

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

aaa chad your totten a little trailer behind ya on the way out right:D

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

Been creepin along on mine.Just about got the floor finished up,then back to bodywork.Plan is to rough in the front clip,doors,and top,get glass,and hopefully drive to Salina for the leadslead spectacular:)I'm just ready to enjoy it for a while.

Attached Files:

4. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Lookin sweet mmoreno; nice hardtop chop! Lemme see those slddnmatt-Matranga window frames!

5. My windshield and side glass is in, I might be close to driving it home!!

Then I can do the work I can do like mechanical and suspension.

Anyone near me (Chicago) have a stock mercury rear seat? Whatever seat I have is too low.

6. Theyre not done yet but here is how the back one's are coming along

Attached Files:

7. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Nice flow! Gonna be sweet with glass and all shiney. That dude slddnmatt can fabricate.

8. Matt, Im trying damndest to get it ready. Still working on the merc and havent started on the trailer yet with a month and a half left. Anybody have a little time for sale???

9. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Hey fellas, I need to find a single air tank for my airbag set up that is about 12 gallons capacity and about 44in long x about 7in wide (diameter); to fit in my trunk on the shelf above my C-notch. Any ideas where to find one. slddnmatt? Thanks fellas!

10. Looking great! What are you (Matt) doing for weatherstripping and how will it be mounted? Curious minds want to know. ;)

11. I have no idea. I will leave that to the genious mind of Matt. He has it all figured. Once its done I will tell you. Until then...

12. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

just updated my thread, she's ready for paint

13. Well, looks like ill be riding the big hotrod in the sky again this year for the LARS. Just not enough time to get it all done for the drive out in the Merc, sorry MATT. A bunch of participaters said they would be ready for sure in 12 months, ssssoooo its back to working out the small details and the bugs. This thing rides like a dream!!!!! Wish the Galaxie rode this good! HHHHMMMMM Camaro clip in a Galaxie?!?!?!?

14. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

This one belongs to a friend. I've been doing the wiring. It's running an Olds and airbags. Wide whites, Lancer caps, Cad taillights, Desoto grill, Pontiac pan and front bumoer. 55 Pontiac side chrome and redone stainless around the side windows. They spent many hours working on the skirts and rocker panels. It's got a later Merc steering wheel and lots of vintage look to the interior.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

I have a question about dropped spindles on a 51 Merc, whats the best way to go.
    Also whats the best disc brake system for Merc ...........Thanx

16. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Merc posse
    Anyone have a good 51 rear bumper and or 49-50 front bumper? Thanks fellas

17. Post in WTB and scour FS ads. My '50 front I was able to drive and pick up 3 hours away, and my '51 rear was shipped from a guy on here from WA state.

18. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

are you needin two bumpers to do something neat nick??

19. Not much recent progress.
    Gathering more bits and doing a makeover in the workshop.

[​IMG]

20. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Matt, I am going with a 49/50 in front. No mods there except the guards. Out back I am just trying to find one straighter than my 51 rear bumper. As you know I have some nice 53desoto bumpers for sale or trade:)

21. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Good idea John thanks!

22. Check with Bill Papke, he's got a lot of stuff and his prices haven't been too crazy.

23. BRENT

BRENT

Almost ready, Interiors about done

[​IMG]

just need to put the skirts on

[​IMG]

24. Oh man looks great Brent.

25. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Dig it Brent! Nice sled. Where ya been hiding?

26. paintslinger1939

paintslinger1939
    from Concord CA

Went from this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

to this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and finally this. going hard top. The posts were so messed up from the previous attempted shop, that it was the best way to go. Plus, i always wanted a hard top anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have a ways to go. gotta figure out how im going to split up the door behind the a-pillar, and cut out where the posts were and weld in some straight pieces. Happy with it so far.

27. paintslinger1939

paintslinger1939
    from Concord CA

also commited to a color. sprayed the dash just to see how it looks on a big panel. came out clean

[​IMG]

28. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Nice recovery and cool color. Hardtop looks good. Is that a HOK blend? Any chance you will have it ready for Billetproof Antioch?

29. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

My 51 Merc is now in primer!! Making progress.

30. We are thrashing on this 51 with hopes to have it finished for the WCK show. Still need to lay down a few coats of candy and top coat it in clear.

Attached Files: