Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about we all go in a buy this ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

It worked in Canada in the 60's

[​IMG]

Vance

2. Perfect! I've spent most of yesterday's work hours (don't tell!) looking at steel building sites, checking out immigration, business startup, etc. This deal would be ideal for what I want to achieve, assuming I can get into the US and stay as a business owner.

Back to my research . . . ;)

Steve

3. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

I will help in what ever capacity I can. Not too terribly much money at the moment but I bet I can let go of a few hundred dollars.

4. this sounds so good so far

where else can we set up our own comunity's?

if we(HAMB members... like minded lurkers )can have this type of setup in different locales in this great nation ... there might be hope of a hotrodding future...

as i said before HENRY FORD and the HERSHEY family were pretty successful getting citys together..

5. ramrod2624

ramrod2624

I would be in for 5-10K . We need to set up a few things to really get this going. Of course im looking at to see if it can make a profit. A bussiness plan needs to be worked out. Is someone working on this project?

6. Based on your estimated strip model, we could run a series of "storage" lots along the NW property boundary, maybe about 25'x50' each? Could fit about 32 per acre, looks like about 10 acres long from W property line to where the individual 1 acre lots are demised. Would give us 320 lots @ $1000/lot, plus, if the one acre lots were split into 2 1/2 acre parcels instead, we'd have 48 1/2 acre parcels. If these could go for $10,000 each (I'd pay that for a 1/2 acre), we'd have a total of $800,000, not to mention any camping lots that could maybe go on the south side (this component could be set up as a time-share to offset future development and maintenance costs). Maybe there's an extra $100,000 to $200,000 in the camping area for an estimated grand total of $900,000 to a cool million. The surplus funds could be used for legal costs, setting up a proper condo association (or whatever you want to call it), upgrading the facilities (including paving, services, bleachers, signage, etc.) and an enviro assessment. Future expenses could be covered with homeowners fees - lot owners would be responsible for their own upgrades. Anyone on here a land developer with experience in setting up the infrastructure of a community (like, power, water, sewer, roads, etc.)?

Man, I'm getting really excited about this!!

Steve

7. HDVooDoo

HDVooDoo
    from TEXAS MOFO

I can manage the place, I'm only like 30 to 45 minutes away from it! For a small salary:D

8. 067chevy

067chevy

Got to keep this thread alive. any updates? Got my 1000.00 ready. Hope we can pull this deal off.

9. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

"The Hambulance" HA!!!!! now thats some funny shit right there! I will drive it back and forth to my "new job" (at the track) from "Big Dads" (where I will be staying) but don't tell him yet.....:D

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

Always room here at Bigdads el rancho relaxo

11. hotrodkiwi

hotrodkiwi

I'm keen to put in a thousand bucks. That place is a bargain!

12. baader

baader

If you need architechtural visualization at some point, for pre marketing etc.,
    let me know, I do that for a living.

Baader

13. hopefully the FUTURE site for NHRA 'S NEXT VENUE... NOW THATS THE BIG SHOW

14. bigolds

bigolds

Let's play!!!!

15. I'm still waiting to get a survey drawing from the broker. He's been good keeping in touch so it shouldn't be long after he gets a copy. Sometimes it's hard to be patient but we want as much info. as possible.

Dan

16. Just looked at satellite imaging of the site - looks like the NE area is all treed - we'll need to add in the cost of clearing as well - anyone here in the lumber mill business??:)

Steve

17. 067chevy

067chevy

Any updates on this deal or is it dead now. I still think its very good oppertunity for us and still willing to put my money up

18. Lots of Timber Buyers here in East Texas..You would be suprised at the prices they pay for lumber trscts....

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

clear cutting the property would be a mistake in my opinion. You lose the noise buffer to anyone that way, you lose shade and wind protection. Clearing for individual buildings is a better way to go.

20. 067chevy

067chevy

I agree 100%

21. Yep, you're right - I just keep picturing a somewhat commercial looking area with rows of shops - the treed area could be developed for houses maybe? Some Hambers mentioned wanting a place to maybe permanently reside - I'm looking more for a shop space close to the track and other Hambers so a cleared area would work better for me personally - anyone know where we're at with this?

Steve

22. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Were you talking about a storage facility as a property classification of sometype or a real metal building storage kind of thing?

10 grand probably wouldn't get you 2 feet of one of those places, but god knows I'd love to be a partner in one!

www.bigaustin.org is a good place to start to get info on starting, funding, and growing your business in Texas.

Just my 2 cents worth but 2/3rd the fun of the whole idea for me is to have open to the public events there. I and another Texan hamber friend here in LA would buy in and fly out for an event or two a year to kick rocks and help out and have a good time.

The other 2/3rds of the appeal is just to have a HAMBulance. Photoshop, anyone?!? :D

EDIT: Thanks to you all working on this to make it happen.

23. jerryjagger

jerryjagger
    from salinas Ca

Am I to late to get in on this because I've been waiting for an opp. like this. Let me know if the buy in will be 1k or 10k because I'm looking for a good reason to leave Ca. There have been a lot of great ideas to be considered. I hope that I can get a nearby job hauling concrete because I'll have to still support my habit of hot rodding. I'll keep an eye on this so I can stay updated. Just think of what we can do to the local economy. I'm gonna sleep good tonight dreaming about this.

24. okay leave enough trees for the huggers and the hangin's..

25. Yes, more as a property classification - 10G's would be for the lot , undeveloped. I'd expect to be able to be into a developed lot (building, services, fencing, etc.) set up the way I need it for around $100,000.

Oh, and thanks for the business link - I'm checkin' it out right now!

Steve

26. They do that with airports all of the time. Airport out in the middle of no where and along comes houses. Get bunches of them and low and behold they discover there's an airport there and they all get together and the next thing you know they all want the airport shut down ... Happens every day somewhere ... :cool:

27. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

oh my gosh... if it were my neck of the woods I would purchase it . Even if later on the gestapo police stopped the drags , you can sell it to a guy who wants to build apartments, well than again so. cal prices are alot different than Tx.

28. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

I have pist away a grand on more foolish things then that count me in. Sounds like a great idea.

29. Wildfire

Wildfire

Just to fan the fires, I'm sure someone noticed that this is a bankruptcy sale. Therefore, I seriously doubt that it would take $465 to buy the place. I'd submit a bid at half that amount and see what shakes out. Given the current market and general uncertainty, this should be able to be bought CHEAP.

My wife and I built an equestrian development - you see those all over, her dad lives on an airport community - again very common, I haven't seen or heard of a dragstrip community, but we've discussed doing one - doesn't seem too far fetched. Maybe the home of the Spring HAMBNationals?

30. swimeasy

swimeasy

I have really been watching this thread and can say that I am in for at least a grand!