Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about a real Car TV show with Watson hosting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

After the flurry of posts about Boyd's show I thought a real car show would be a treat, Watson would be My choice for Host because He is so funny and has had lots of time infront of the camera. Here is how I see the show, Larry goes to a differnt builders shop each week and talks with them about what they have done in the past and what they are working on now, He would go back for updates on the current builds. Larrys TV guests could include = Bill Hines, George Barris, Gene Winfeild, The Alexander Bros, Bill Reasoner, and all the greats aswell as some of the up and coming guys, inbetween talking with His guests Larry could blast some old Do-wopp and rock-a-billy tunes while looking over old film clips and old pix. That's what I'd like to see on TV, what about You? Von Doc

2. FONZI

FONZI

Oh man Larry would be in 7TH Heaven! I think it could work Doc! I would watch.

FONZI

3. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Now thats a cool idea!!!!!!!!

4. I'm suprised George Barris hasn't got in on this.

5. that idea is great and all, but you gotta consider. one of the reasons they use some of these more famous people like jesse james and boyd c is because are known across the country and will make ratings. I'm not putting down watson or barris but, boyd is more know across the country and thats that. yeah there is history behind these guys but TV want stuff that is current or usuall within the last five to 10 years. If we were in the 70's and hot rod show were the thing to make, barris and roth would have tv shows
    here's an idea get a public accress cable time slot and produce that show! now that would be cool! but to get watson or barris for free that's another story.

6. Sad but the american viewing public wouldnt think that was interesting enough- they want the unobtainable hi end whatever that they can no way afford- real builders would not stir their juices at all Im afraid. Its kinda like WWF Wrestling with all the drama and hype thats what I think they want and thats what they get in shows like monster garage and american choppers etc etc.....Just my opinion.hope I aint right, [​IMG] but think I am.....

7. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

[ QUOTE ]

here's an idea get a public accress cable time slot and produce that show! now that would be cool! but to get watson or barris for free that's another story.

[/ QUOTE ] Abe the funny thing is I did that as a cable show for two years but I was the Host, I did however have Gene on several times and had Larry on once, Von Franco was even more funny that Watson, Harpoon was right at home in front of the camera( and got'em all free of charge), We went to shows like the Anti Blessing, L.A. Roadster show, Ant Nats, March Meet, Rat Fink, Bob's Big Boy, and I highlighted cars I liked and talked to some of the owners of said cars, and when I did'nt talk to someone I'd blast cool music while the camera scoped out some bad ass ride. I had fun doing the show, almost got picked up to go wide spread a couple times,I had the help of Primemover, Hip, lurker Rock Shop Dave, English Dave, Greaser Frank, and the like but that was then, now I'll be happy just to get My gas station and shop and stay busy there. I still don't think John Q Public knew who Boyd was untill He got this show, I think You could put anyone in as front man and if the show was good they would watch, by the same token I think if a show is crap no one should watch no matter who is on it. all I know is I wanna turn on the boob tube and be entertained, and I wanna watch something real not staged( well not too staged). Von Doc

8. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Nobody knew Jesse James or West Coast Choppers until "Motorcycle Mania" was aired, that is, nobody that runs around with the WCC T-shirts, stickers, hats, hats, pins, and underoos. Or, nobody that wasn't already in the biz.'

9. Missing Link

Missing Link

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Barris got involved with this. Rumor has it, he bought Jesse James old shop. [​IMG]

10. Friday's Gurl

Friday's Gurl

Hey Doc,

The show ought to be like CALIFORNIA'S GOLD with a host less hokey than Huell Howser.

I've seen some of your old videos of (wasn't it called) Wild Wheels.. great stuff! Very entertaining

Becca

11. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Becca, Your too kind, some of My show was way hokey too but all in good fun, like the time I took My straight axle Rambler to the drags and played "Chariots Of Fire" during My slow motion burn out, only to switch to "Not Your Step'in Stone" by The Monkee's when the race started( as in I was'nt gonna let the guy step over Me to get to the next round), or like the time I was at a local car show and found some Low Riders and got them to have a hop contest, while I played "Low Rider" by War, but some times I played some mighty good Blues & Surf music while looking at some really nice cars at some really good shows, Yeah that was pretty fun. I would like to see another show like that but with someone else hosting, and all I would have to do is turn on the TV and watch. If any of You hamber's are TV mogels come on make it happen. Von Doc

12. FONZI

FONZI

Hey Doc,
    You got any copies of your shows. I would love to see em!

FONZI