Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Houston, TX F100 Mechanic Needed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Houston Rodder, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a shop in Houston, TX that can install a late model Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis front end on my 1960 F100. I've owned the truck for a few years and the front end needs help and I honestly do not have time to take on the task. Looking for a good honest mechanic to make the switch. I would be willing to provide/chase down the proper parts. Any suggestions?
    Regards

2. luckystiff

luckystiff

matter of opinion but there are better donors than the WIDE crown vic. i won't push the one i prefer because it'll get your thread deleted, but feel free to contact if you want an experience opinion........

with that said the only folks i personally know in texas that have a good deal of experience with doing CV swaps is the crew at Gas Monkey. i'm sure theres others an i just don't know them.....

3. luckystiff

luckystiff

oh and 57-64 f100s are pretty much a breeze.... i've done the donor i prefer in 48-52, 57-60, 61-64 and am about to do one in a 67-72. the twin I beam stuff is way more of a headache than dropping the stock straight axle and leaf packs out. if the engine/trans is out i can pull the stock straight axle stuff out and have the _____ donor mocked up in 2-4hrs(a long evening in the garage). cutting all the twin I beam stuff out is probably gonna kill a weekend....