Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Houston Hot Rod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I am heading to Houston this week on business but will have some down time as well. Wondering if there is anything I should be checking out or visiting while I am there. Any cool shops or famous HAMBERS I should be stopping in on. Thanks

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce's Rod Shop up in Spring should be on your list. nice folks.

3. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks I did spot them online when I did a quick search. There must be some other stuff! Where's all the HAMB comments?!

4. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

Not much Houston activity on here for some reason... There is a Houston Group but I checked and no one has posted since October.

5. Bruce's Rod Shop is a must stop spot. Bruce has several Deuce roadsters,an ultra rare STEEL roadster pickup(32) and his son Danny is a gifted fabricator and superb welder.

6. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I will stop by his shop for sure. I believe they are hambers as well are they not?

7. Yes,and some of the best people you will ever meet! HRP

Bruce's Hot Rod Shop

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Fitnessguy likes this.
  8. aaggie

aaggie

Several things to mention . It is Summer and HOT so the people that organize things like car shows and swap meets wait until the Fall when it cools off. On any weekend all year 'round there is a small car show or gathering at every local park. Most of the Sonic drive ins have a Friday night get together. Houston is a large city scattered out and most of the remaining custom and hot rod shops do high end work and don't advertise so you just have to know where they are. Bruce's is a long way from downtown but worth the trip.
    Not car related but you might check out the NASA facility. They have a self guided tour where you take your time and enjoy the exhibits. You will be amazed at how big a Saturn V rocket is when you stand next to it.

9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks aaggie, I appreciate all the info. I have been here before with work but didn't have the free time to check some things out. I will check out Bruce's for sure.

10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER